• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

1 Corinthians 13:4,5. "Charity suffereith long, and is kind; Charity Envieth not; Charity vauleth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seekeith not her own is not easly provoked. THINKETH no EVIL.

I. Corrupt and Evil Thoughts (Mt. 5:28)

But I say unto you that whosoever lookth on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

II. Thoughts of Pride (Rom. 12:3)

"For I say, through the gace given unto me, to every man that is amoung you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

(1sam 2:3) "Talk no more exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowlege, and by him actions are weighed"

III Doubt

(LK 24:38) "And he (Jesus) said unto them, why are ye troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

(1 Tim 2:8) "I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands without wrath and doubting"

IV Worry

(LK 12:29) Seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye doubful mind"

(Phil 4:6) "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto GOD"

V. Erring Judgments

(Isa 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a child is given: and the goverment shall be upon is shoulders and his name shall be called Wonderful, counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace"

(Ps 37:5) Commit (roll they way upon the LORD) They way unto the LORD trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass"

(Pro 16:3) Commit thy works unto the lord, and thy thoughts shall be established"

VI. Stupidity

(Mt 16:9-11) "Do ye not understand ,neither remember the five loaves of the five thousands, and how many baskets ye took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many ye took up?

"How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread that ye should beware of the leven of the Pharisees and of the sadducess?"

Jesus asks four pungent questions about the intellectual dullness:

(Hosea 4:6a) My people are destroyed for lack of knowlege: because thou hast rejected knowlege"

(john 14:9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you. and yet hast thou not known me, phillip? He that hath seen me hath seen my father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the father??"

(1 Cor 6:19) "What? Know ye that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (V20) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify GOd inyour body, and in your spirit, which are God's"

Paul is saying "What? You dont know this" Afer all I've taught?

Vll. Though Invaders

When you pray, when you read the word, thoughts invade your mind. We must tell those thoughts, "I cannot be disturbed. I must Concentrate"

VII. Criticism

(MT 7:1-2) Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge ye shall be judged and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured unto you again"

Jesus condemns the habit of criticizing others while ignoring one's own faults.

Give your mind to GOD. GIve it for cleansing. You will be renewed. You will find happiness you seek. Many a body and soul are chained to your mind. Your mind seeks health as your body seeks health- and God is the author of such health.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

1 Corinthians 13:4,5. "Charity suffereith long, and is kind; Charity Envieth not; Charity vauleth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seekeith not her own is not easly provoked. THINKETH no EVIL.

But I say unto you that whosoever lookth on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

"For I say, through the gace given unto me, to every man that is amoung you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

(1sam 2:3) "Talk no more exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowlege, and by him actions are weighed"

III Doubt

(LK 24:38) "And he (Jesus) said unto them, why are ye troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

(1 Tim 2:8) "I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands without wrath and doubting"

IV Worry

(LK 12:29) Seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye doubful mind"

(Phil 4:6) "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto GOD"

V. Erring Judgments

(Isa 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a child is given: and the goverment shall be upon is shoulders and his name shall be called Wonderful, counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace"

(Ps 37:5) Commit (roll they way upon the LORD) They way unto the LORD trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass"

(Pro 16:3) Commit thy works unto the lord, and thy thoughts shall be established"

VI. Stupidity

(Mt 16:9-11) "Do ye not understand ,neither remember the five loaves of the five thousands, and how many baskets ye took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many ye took up?

"How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread that ye should beware of the leven of the Pharisees and of the sadducess?"

(Hosea 4:6a) My people are destroyed for lack of knowlege: because thou hast rejected knowlege"

(john 14:9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you. and yet hast thou not known me, phillip? He that hath seen me hath seen my father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the father??"

(1 Cor 6:19) "What? Know ye that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (V20) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify GOd inyour body, and in your spirit, which are God's"

Vll. Though Invaders

When you pray, when you read the word, thoughts invade your mind. We must tell those thoughts, "I cannot be disturbed. I must Concentrate"

VII. Criticism

(MT 7:1-2) Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge ye shall be judged and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured unto you again"

Give your mind to GOD. GIve it for cleansing. You will be renewed. You will find happiness you seek. Many a body and soul are chained to your mind. Your mind seeks health as your body seeks health- and God is the author of such health.

When do temptations become sin...we all know it is not a sin to be tempted (Jesus was). But temptation is a thought...I agree with you that our thoughts can be sin without ever taking action on them. So when does a temptation cross the line into first person sin?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1946

III Doubt

IV Worry

V. Erring Judgments

VI. Stupidity

Vll. Though Invaders

VII. Criticism

When do temptations become sin...we all know it is not a sin to be tempted (Jesus was). But temptation is a thought...I agree with you our thoughts can be sin without ever taking action on them. So when does a temptation cross the line into first person sin?

When we start dwelling on the thought and trying to figure a way to make it a reality. Then it becomes sin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

When do temptations become sin...we all know it is not a sin to be tempted (Jesus was). But temptation is a thought...I agree with you that our thoughts can be sin without ever taking action on them. So when does a temptation cross the line into first person sin? David from New Bern

James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

(From Strongs G4815)

to clasp, that is, seize (arrest, capture); specifically to conceive (literally or figuratively)

I would have thought action/fruition would have been the indicator?

But could this also imply when it reaches a "fixation" state in our mind?

Blessings,

in His service,

-CC-

Guest jckduboise
When do temptations become sin...we all know it is not a sin to be tempted (Jesus was). But temptation is a thought...I agree with you that our thoughts can be sin without ever taking action on them. So when does a temptation cross the line into first person sin? David from New Bern

James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

(From Strongs G4815)

to clasp, that is, seize (arrest, capture); specifically to conceive (literally or figuratively)

I would have thought action/fruition would have been the indicator?

But could this also imply when it reaches a "fixation" state in our mind?

Blessings,

in His service,

-CC-

Absolutely CC..How many times have you been so angry at someone that you dwell on that anger, you obsess over what you would like to say, you think of ways to get even, maybe you loose sleep turning it over and over in your mind....and all the while, God is not the center point on how to get rid of the anger. In fact at these times God is usually the farthest thing from our mind.

So it would seem to me that in some instances fixation is the beginning of the sin, action/fruition is acting out the fixation.

"Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil" temptation often begins with a thought that is not rebuked, we fixate on that thought and then we act it out..SIN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Do we really want to sin? Fighting sin with a clenched jaw, wanting do to do something we know is wrong. I know that at some level on many sins indeed I want to sin, thus my thoughts about them are sin.

Guest jckduboise
Do we really want to sin? Fighting sin with a clenched jaw, wanting do to do something we know is wrong. I know that at some level on many sins indeed I want to sin, thus my thoughts about them are sin.

yep

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

yep

I'm not playing word games with this...I am merely following the thought process...so I'm not looking to say something with double meaning...just thinking out loud...If the thought is a genuine temptation, it has to be desirable to me. I am not tempted by cauliflower but I am tempted by 14 layer chocolate cake. But being tempted by chocolate cake is not sinful. So when does the sin begin? When I pick up the biggest slice when I dismiss health issues to consume? When does the thought before action Constitute sin? James Dobson suggest that sexual lust is easier to identify as sinful tinking. He said the first glance is purely chemical but the prolonged look is sinful or the undressing in the mind of an object of sexual desire.

Guest jckduboise

yep

I'm not playing word games with this...I am merely following the thought process...so I'm not looking to say something with double meaning...just thinking out loud...If the thought is a genuine temptation, it has to be desirable to me. I am not tempted by cauliflower but I am tempted by 14 layer chocolate cake. But being tempted by chocolate cake is not sinful. So when does the sin begin? When I pick up the biggest slice when I dismiss health issues to consume? When does the thought before action Constitute sin? James Dobson suggest that sexual lust is easier to identify as sinful tinking. He said the first glance is purely chemical but the prolonged look is sinful or the undressing in the mind of an object of sexual desire.

when I used to relapse back into smoking cocaine. I would first start having fleeting thoughts. It might be a smell or the sound of the cocaine melting, or something I hear on the radio. And I would dismiss it. Then a couple of days later I would wake up from a "drug dream" and feel awful the entire day. All of these things are temptations for me to go out and use cocaine.

What I have learned is that I can rebuke satan and move back into the Lord's protection with recognition of what is going on OR I can continue letting these thoughts, dreams, sounds and smells take me into the acting out part of it.

Well I live about 26 miles from my old stomping grounds. While driving to get the stuff I would argue with myself about turning around but deep down I know that I AM going to do it.

Even though I have not picked up those drugs the fact that I know it is going to happen and I am doing nothing to stop it, I am sinning.

So at the point that I am doing it in my mind (fill in the blanks of what "it"is) I am in the SIN.

One thing about temptation and sin that I think a lot of people don't realize when it comes to being addicted..The anonymous groups like to say "I am a recovering....." Well being a Christian and believing that Christ can heal ALL afflictions, I have to believe that He has healed mine. If I am Christian and saying I am a recovering addict (meaning my disease is in remission only) then am I not allowing satan to keep a strong hold on me? Isn't that in itself placing my mind into temptation? Which in turn will lead to sin? The docterine taught that I am only recovering takes the power out of God's word that He is the ultimate physician and gives satan the power to control and gives me permission to relapse because I can never be free of the disease.