• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

oopsie... ;)

Yes I meant praying... :blink:

I am going to use your prayer as my "jumping off place" ...

I was blessed by it, thank you...

Guest jckduboise

Could you share how it is the Lord has you paying for the church??

I'm assuming you mean "praying," correct? :blink:

I am praying that revival will come to the Church. I am praying for a great harvest of souls. I am praying that God will show himself to be God, that the people in churches will throw away their "idols" and will turn from their sin and they will return to their first love. I am praying that those who are "lukewarm" will get on fire for God. I am praying that God will shake up the church and that people will get on their knees before God in humility and true worship and that the gospel will be spread and that thousands will come to Jesus and that we will be like the church in Acts again where we meet daily for prayer, study, fellowship, communion, etc., and that we will have the attitude that nothing is our own and that God will raise up a mighty army for him to stand against the forces of evil in this day. There is much more, I'm sure, but that is basically the gyst of what he is having me pray for the Church. I believe he has promised that this is what is going to take place, but not without cost. The Church of today, especially in America, is far too comfortable. God needs to bring us out of our comfort zone into complete dependence upon him before we see a truly great breakthrough in the Church in the way of revival. Throughout history, the gospel has been spread the most and the Church has grown the most through genuine conversions because of persecution and suffering. I read not long ago that the Chinese Christians are praying for Christians in America to suffer persecution so that we will grow. The churches that are growing at the fastest rate now by conversion are the ones who are suffering persecution. So, I believe God is going to bring us to our knees and then he will lift us up and we will see a great outpouring of his Holy Spirit upon us, not unlike the day of Pentecost. I believe we are going to see people set free from bondage to sin, the blind will see, the lame will walk, the deaf will hear, etc. I believe that God, in his love and mercy, is coming both in judgment and deliverance. We see this much througout scripture. So, part of what I pray is that God will discipline his Church in his love so that we will no longer be complacent, but will be on fire for God!

Sue, it is amazing the prayer you stated you are praying for the church. On national prayer day and others but especially then, I prayed live on our local Christian radio station almost verbatum the firt half of your prayer..not is that awesome?...God is great and good and amazing ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Sue, it is amazing the prayer you stated you are praying for the church. On national prayer day and others but especially then, I prayed live on our local Christian radio station almost verbatum the firt half of your prayer..not is that awesome?...God is great and good and amazing :emot-highfive:

jckduboise,

Yes! God is truly awesome and amazing!! Although I believe fully that God has spoken to me, it still amazes me sometimes when I find that he is saying the same stuff to other people, almost word for word. I think he gives us these confirmations for our strengthening to help us know we are not alone. God is so good!!