abbershay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Sagz: I hope this gets specific enough for you....I am praying...

Great post Sagz - I'll go have wee look at those myself for more info on these CULTS - I'll be praying as well :)

Safe in Him

Faith1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I remember watching that video a few years ago. Jesse himself stated in one part of the video that when we die, we don't go to heaven right just yet, but that our souls will be raptured later during rapture. Fine, whatever.

However, also in the same video, while speaking of his visit in heaven, he saw a family that had died in an airplane crash going on a picnic?

Wow. I didn't know that much about WOF but thought their claims about wealth and money were odd and unfounded. I'll have to look into this further. My brother-in-law happens to be a WOF pastor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

artsy,

I never thought much about WOF until I got here. Then I started reading what Gary and Patsy (shadow and dove) were saying about them. I read that they had a video of Copeland giving the sign of satan and his *talking in tounges* was actually calling out to the devil. To be honest, I haven't run across that so I can't really tell you from first hand experience or not. BUT, knowing what I know of the both of them, and learning what I have about WOF on my own leads me to believe that what they say is safe to believe, though incredibly scary to comprehend. I posted the links out of love and a desire for you to see the truth. I have just one more quote to give you:

That's some scary stuff. What's the sign of satan that Copeland did?

I also heard he said by accident during one of his fired-up sermons "god-dammit!"

Question: Do you think these top guys like Copeland honestly believe that what they are doing is right and good, or do you think they're aware of their deceit?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

I wish I knew. I can't imagine that they are THAT decieved that they think they are doing right...though I am in no position to give you a correct answer. All I can do it help spread the truth about this movement and expose the lies that these people spread. I don't know how much your brother-in-law knows about the stuff going on up at the top, but I leave you telling him about this up to you. All you can do is like any of us...expose the Truth...I urge you to check things out for yourself though and gain an honest understanding of what they teach in WoF. Here is a good place to start:

In Their Own Words

Third Wave Teachings By Topic

Atonement Atrocities (Tritheism)

Jesus was infected/injected with satan's sin nature in order for redemption to work

The cross wasn't enough, Jesus redeemed us in hell

Jesus died spiritually

Jesus was the first born again man

Anyone could have redeemed us

The 9-godhead doctrine

The Power of Man over God

The church is in control, not God

God is banned from the earth until the church unleashes him/allows him in

These men think they're Gods!

The Anointing

TBN to raise the dead through the TV

Health is yours for the claiming

Never say "Thy Will be Done"!

You ARE Jesus!

Extortion

Gimme money!

Jesus was wealthy and had an expensive ministry

The power of the prayer cloth

The 100 fold theory

The kingdom of God is on earth

The importance of earthly riches

Results of lack of faith

Above Reproach

Above Reproach - testing their spirits

False Prophesies

Death Threats (No, I'm not kidding)

Gnostic Mishmash

4th Dimension of non-carnal attainment

The faith force

The Second Coming is spiritual, not physical

Words are spiritual containers

Sensual manifestations

Visual empowerment

Salvation 

Aberrant Doctrines

Ecumenicalism

Demons

Necromancy

Jesus didn't preexist his role on earth

God is the biggest failure in the bible

I'm sinfree!

Holy Ghost Bartender/Holy Laughter

Too Strange to Categorize

Angels tell me what to say

Jesus was raped by Roman soldiers

Jesus to appear physically on stage

God's physical description

The Womb-Man

God lives on the mother planet

Adam was a superman and the first man on the moon

I have met and/or spoken to Jesus

Rejoice in satanic manifestations

All these are quotes from various WoF teachers. Go here to view the active links: http://www.bereanfaith.com/heresy.php?action=topics

Hope this helps you get started

~your servant in Christ

Sagz:

Thanks for the info. It's all looking familiar to me now. Quite a few years ago, my husband started listening to Hank Hannegraff and tried to get my sis and brother-in-law to read Christianity in Crisis, which seems to state a lot of these kinds of things and they wanted no part of it. My brother-in-law doesn't like Hank and I doubt he's picked up the book. I think he knows what the accusations are but chooses to defend them. Recently, he sent us an email stating that Hank had been accused of this and that, as if to say, "ha, look at this idiot" however he obviously ignores what his own leaders are doing. We kind of dropped the subject years ago, but now I'm concerned about this stuff regarding kids and exorcisions as I do have neices and nephews.

I think I'll check out the WOF board.

Abbershay

I too was a WOF follower, Copeland and all of them. Then The Holy Spirit started showing me some of the preaching that did not stand up to Biblical Doctrine when taken from Genesis to revelation. This happened because some brothers and sisters in The Lord warned me to proceed with caution. That took me to a very lengthy prayer time with The Holy Spirit over a period of months about the issue. I sincerely believed that they were true men of God and it was hard to accept the fact that they were deceived. I believe that they don't know they are deceived. If I am wrong about that then I really feel sorry for them because that means they are merchandising Gods word, and mixing enough Truth into false doctrine to fool God's children, and God does not look kindly on that kind of falsehood. Don't react to what some of us are telling you. Respond by seeking God on the issue.

Would someone please explain when one of these guys gestures a 'sign to satan" what this looks like? Are there any pictures available of this?

If the preacher was talking in tongues to Satan, how did you know how to interpret it? This is just a bit confusing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Hi, artsylady...

The "sign of Satan" is a hand signal that has the general outline of a goat's head, a satanic symbol, (which is featured on the cover of many Satanic bibles)....usually shown within the context of a pentagram. The "star" form in the pentagram forms an outline for the goat's head.

The actual hand sign is the hand pointed upward, with the two center fingers folded down, and the pinky finger and index finger upright.

This "sign" is frequently given at rock concerts and ignorantly adopted by many of the youth of today. Few realize that the sign is Satanic.

I believe it was highly promoted by famous Satanic rocker, Marilyn Manson.

Other heavy metal rock groups use this hand sign during heavy metal concerts and the audience joins in and also waves this sign, not knowing what it really means.

Those in ministry usually know are have some awareness of Satanic symbols and would tend to avoid such hand signals.

It is believed that 33rd degree masons (Masonic Lodge) are practicing Luciferians (Satanists) and use various hand signs to indicate their covert alliance with Satan.

Hope this helps...