• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

That's usually the main reason behind cutting but like I said; there are many reasons.

How about sharing your insight with us?

:whistling: Karen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Isaiah43:4
I beg to differ on self-hatred; that's ONE of the reasons why people cut, however it may not be her reason.

I don't think one can cut and have a whole lot of self-love. I'm somewhat familiar with cutting, and I know it's something that really can't be understood by anyone who hasn't done it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maniac

I understand it. you get so angry that nothing else will satisfy. you get so angry at life and god and self that there's nothing else you can do. and it helps. for a short time, yea. but it helps when nothing else will. So it's worth it. seeing the blood is worth it.

Guest Isaiah43:4
I understand it. you get so angry that nothing else will satisfy. you get so angry at life and god and self that there's nothing else you can do. and it helps. for a short time, yea. but it helps when nothing else will. So it's worth it. seeing the blood is worth it.

Care to tell us about that?

Guest Maniac

the cuts have to bleed enough. If they don't, I have to cut deeper. there's just something about the blood. Nothing else will satisfy the anger.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

the cuts have to bleed enough. If they don't, I have to cut deeper. there's just something about the blood. Nothing else will satisfy the anger.

Maniac;

Sweetie, I really do hope that you can find the courage within yourself, and within Jesus Christ, to seek help. The Lord does not will that anyone should live with such pain.

My dear friend...I understand that it must be scary, but in this life, we've GOT to face our fears, or NOTHING will get settled.

You may think that you are coping with the problem when you do it, but think about it. Does the problem REALLY go away? NO, it doesn't, because you have to keep cutting.

It's only a temporal numbness, and in the long run, you're still hurting.

As I said, I only did it a few times, and that was purely out of self-haterd....I wasn't trying to release anything....I was only trying to hurt myself, because I thought I deserved it.

Maniac, the Lord wants to heal you....and I know that you want to be healed, as well. I know that you do not want to live like this.

Please, help yourself by talking to someone. If you help yourself, the Lord will surely help you.

He is merciful and good.

Cast all of your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.

Love in Christ,

-April-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

For some of us cutting wasn't even an anger issue. I had 2 main reasons. One was mental pain I had no clue what to do with, and no idea how to handle. Cutting put it as something I could relate to and handle. Also extreme stress tends to numb me out. When I am numb I tend to cut.....I cut to feel. To know I am still alive.

Guest Maniac

we do what we have to do to survive. Sometimes putting a razor blade to the skin is the only way. sometimes we overeat. sometimes we drink. sometimes we critizise those around us. sometimes we become obsessive. i can't say my way of coping is worse than anyone elses. cept i guess when it leads to suicidal thoughts. but that doesn't always happen when i cut. i'm hurting, but so are most people in the world. i have cut my wrists a lot (because they bleed the best) and i find that when i'm real upset, my wrists will hurt. there's a need to cut them like when you rub sore shoulders. it hurts so good. we cope until we die.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

we do what we have to do to survive. Sometimes putting a razor blade to the skin is the only way. sometimes we overeat. sometimes we drink. sometimes we critizise those around us. sometimes we become obsessive. i can't say my way of coping is worse than anyone elses. cept i guess when it leads to suicidal thoughts. but that doesn't always happen when i cut. i'm hurting, but so are most people in the world. i have cut my wrists a lot (because they bleed the best) and i find that when i'm real upset, my wrists will hurt. there's a need to cut them like when you rub sore shoulders. it hurts so good. we cope until we die.

Ya, maniac....It hurts so good because all you are doing is transfixing your emotional pain into a physical outlet....you're not actually getting rid of the pain, my friend.

Think about it, Maniac....when you're cutting yourself, aren't you really just pre-occupying your mind with the physical pain? It may be a momentary release, and it may even give you some temporary relief....but once the physical pain subsides, after a while, the emotional pain will just re-surface....and it's just going to get worse, and you're going to have to cut yourself even more, because while you are focused on the physical release, the internal pain is just multiplying, as you're not actually DEALING with it!!! What you need is a LONG-TERM release....not a short-term fix that cutting yourself provides.

It's a vicious cycle, and it's only going to continue unless you talk to someone about these issues.

If you don't feel that you can go directly to God, then go to a Christian therapist or a pastor who can help you....lend you some comfort.

But PLEASE don't continue in this cycle of torment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Ya, maniac....It hurts so good because all you are doing is transfixing your emotional pain into a physical outlet....you're not actually getting rid of the pain, my friend.

Think about it, Maniac....when you're cutting yourself, aren't you really just pre-occupying your mind with the physical pain? It may be a momentary release, and it may even give you some temporary relief....but once the physical pain subsides, after a while, the emotional pain will just re-surface....and it's just going to get worse, and you're going to have to cut yourself even more, because while you are focused on the physical release, the internal pain is just multiplying, as you're not actually DEALING with it!!! What you need is a LONG-TERM release....not a short-term fix that cutting yourself provides.

It's a vicious cycle, and it's only going to continue unless you talk to someone about these issues.

If you don't feel that you can go directly to God, then go to a Christian therapist or a pastor who can help you....lend you some comfort.

But PLEASE don't continue in this cycle of torment.

Neb the problem for some is that cutting turns into an addiction. Absolutely nothing can be wrong, and you will cut just to cut. My pshychiritrist was actually amazed I didn' cut more.