Swarna Jha

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps AP, and I do not disregard scripture...there is the physical and there is the spiritual..I live in the spiritual. All we are and all the exists around us that we cannot see belongs to the spirit world..we are put into a shell that makes us appear physical, but in truth we are of the Spirit of God therefore our true existance is spirit. Testing the prophesies, visions and dreams is testing the spirit in which it came to us....

I do not go on initial feelings but the reality in which God has formed us. He breaths the breath of life into all of us, hence His Spirit..therefore we are SPIRIT..not a feeling sir, a fact...that sir, is true discernment.

When a person can bring the Spirit of Life into scripture then they are truly looking at God and His word. And as Micen2 said without the Spirit scripture is dead.

No, we live in the physical. Jesus was physical. I am physical. I eat. I stink when I sweat. I need sleep. I use the restroom. I am a physical being who also has a spirit. The spirit world is not higher, it is equal with the physical world. Both were created by God, and if the physical world is leser than the spirital world then God is not worthy of praise or anything and is in fact quite an idiot; why would He place us in physical bodies if we were meant to be spiritual beings? WHy would He give us new bodies if we are to become spiritual beings? Like I said, if your belief is true, then God really didn't think this one through.

Just so you know, what you just said is Gnostic...which is a highly dangerous belief. You are STILL ignoring scripture...if we aren't suppose to question the spirit then why did God tell us to?

Oh well, so here's what i have to say:

Jesus is actually a purple lizard that came to earth to teach us all to eat plants. He didn't die on a cross, just decided to go somewhere warmer for the winter. The spirit led me to this.....by your belief you shouldn't question what I just said. :)

absolutely I would question what you just said. But why would I? You are physical so I ask the physical person I am speaking to, when you die do you (the true you) just rot away with the rest of your dead corpse? No, You leave your physical SHELL and ascend to heaven. Jesus appeared in the physical, but He did not live a physical LIFE but a spiritual life. All that He said and did was regarding the Spirit of God because beyond this brief moment in time is true LIFE which IS spiritual..Gnostic my foot.

How do you know I'm physical? I claimed it was in the spirit. What right do you have to question that, you're questioning the spirit that sent me. Under what authority can you do such a thing?

Well because you told me "I am physical"..read your own words..you gave me that right when you claimed it. Sir. I did not question your spirit I questioned your physical..

Physical is temporary, spirit is eternal..which is it AP are you physical or are you spirit?

Spirit, I momentarily spoke in the flesh. I am spiritual though, and the Spirit has told me that Jesus was a purple lizard. How can you invalidate what I am saying?

What!!!! You were told he was purple?

That was not what God told me when i was in the spirit, I was told he was talk green and purple dinosaur from Timbuktu with big black beady eyes, and he was related to Barney...

who is right? :noidea:

All i know was i was in the spirit, and you AK were in the spirit, so we both are right :) i mean, aslong as we both are correct....

Look im not trying to be mean, im just trying to show you a point... If i come across being mean then, im sorry it isn't my intent, but do you see my point? :emot-pray:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

Perhaps AP, and I do not disregard scripture...there is the physical and there is the spiritual..I live in the spiritual. All we are and all the exists around us that we cannot see belongs to the spirit world..we are put into a shell that makes us appear physical, but in truth we are of the Spirit of God therefore our true existance is spirit. Testing the prophesies, visions and dreams is testing the spirit in which it came to us....

I do not go on initial feelings but the reality in which God has formed us. He breaths the breath of life into all of us, hence His Spirit..therefore we are SPIRIT..not a feeling sir, a fact...that sir, is true discernment.

When a person can bring the Spirit of Life into scripture then they are truly looking at God and His word. And as Micen2 said without the Spirit scripture is dead.

No, we live in the physical. Jesus was physical. I am physical. I eat. I stink when I sweat. I need sleep. I use the restroom. I am a physical being who also has a spirit. The spirit world is not higher, it is equal with the physical world. Both were created by God, and if the physical world is leser than the spirital world then God is not worthy of praise or anything and is in fact quite an idiot; why would He place us in physical bodies if we were meant to be spiritual beings? WHy would He give us new bodies if we are to become spiritual beings? Like I said, if your belief is true, then God really didn't think this one through.

Just so you know, what you just said is Gnostic...which is a highly dangerous belief. You are STILL ignoring scripture...if we aren't suppose to question the spirit then why did God tell us to?

Oh well, so here's what i have to say:

Jesus is actually a purple lizard that came to earth to teach us all to eat plants. He didn't die on a cross, just decided to go somewhere warmer for the winter. The spirit led me to this.....by your belief you shouldn't question what I just said. :thumbsup:

absolutely I would question what you just said. But why would I? You are physical so I ask the physical person I am speaking to, when you die do you (the true you) just rot away with the rest of your dead corpse? No, You leave your physical SHELL and ascend to heaven. Jesus appeared in the physical, but He did not live a physical LIFE but a spiritual life. All that He said and did was regarding the Spirit of God because beyond this brief moment in time is true LIFE which IS spiritual..Gnostic my foot.

How do you know I'm physical? I claimed it was in the spirit. What right do you have to question that, you're questioning the spirit that sent me. Under what authority can you do such a thing?

Well because you told me "I am physical"..read your own words..you gave me that right when you claimed it. Sir. I did not question your spirit I questioned your physical..

Physical is temporary, spirit is eternal..which is it AP are you physical or are you spirit?

Spirit, I momentarily spoke in the flesh. I am spiritual though, and the Spirit has told me that Jesus was a purple lizard. How can you invalidate what I am saying?

I don't need to invalidate anything..you did it yourself..scripture tells us that He came in the likeness of man not purple lizards..Phillipians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself..

That was fun..thanks for the mind bender...have a good day sir.. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I don't need to invalidate anything..you did it yourself..scripture tells us that He came in the likeness of man not purple lizards..Phillipians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself..

That was fun..thanks for the mind bender...have a good day sir..

And thank you for proving my point of why we must check prophecies and sayings claimed in the spirit against scripture. The only way you proved me wrong was by doing the very thing you said was wrong and "questioning the spirit" earlier. :huh:

And thank you for proving my point of why we must check prophecies and sayings claimed in the spirit against scripture. The only way you proved me wrong was by doing the very thing you said was wrong and "questioning the spirit" earlier. :wub:

Very good she/he caught on pretty quickly :huh:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Second of all, the bible does say to test the Prophets:

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I now what I am talking about. Jesus is my solid ground in whom i take refuge, Jesus gave us the bible so we wont sway back and forth. If you never test the spirits then there is now guaranty that you will stand firm in Jesus.

And have i once ever said this person wasn't? I all ever said is i want proof which is biblical!

1 John 4:1

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God..."

In His Name,

Joel

:huh:

I'd like to complete that scripture (I John 4:1-6):

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

So, we can determine from this that one of the ways to determine if someone is from God is:

1) If he/she acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh - I believe this acknowledgement is not just through words, but through actions, lifestyle, character, etc. If someone truly believes something, his/her life will show it.

2) If he/she is not from God, his/her words and actions will reveal the character of the world and the viewpoint of the world, and the world will listen to him/her.

3) If he/she is from God, he or she will listen to the words of God in the Bible and will uphold its truths.

For one, scripture was referenced by Trinity. Secondly...well...I'll let scripture speak for itself:

If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 13:1-3

20'But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.' "You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?' "When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 88:20-22

As for Jeremiah, the reason Israel is told to recognize is that Jeremiah had already proven he was of God, that he was a legitimate prophet. The fact is, prophets are to be tested, as proven scripturally. Too often in America we want the sensational and the supernatural and thus accept prophecies almost without any skepitism or scrutiny. We forget that it is these very things we are to be skeptical of and test. How ironic that we question the intentions of those who choose to give to the poor (which we are not told to test th eintentions, simply to allow it) but welcome with open arms anyone who claims to have a prophecy (though we are told to test such things). I do believe we have our values backwards.

I did this study on 3/29/2005:

FALSE PROPHETS VS TRUE PROPHETS

I decided to do a Bible study recently about false prophets vs. true prophets, because the Bible warns us that in the last days there will be false prophets and that many people will be deceived. I wanted to know how to discern a false prophecy or a false prophet, so I did a word search on the words

So, if you want to examine anyone's visions, dreams, prophecies, etc. that you read on here, please examine them in light of these characteristics. If you don't believe me, read the scriptures in context and you will see that what I am telling you is true. Compare scripture with scripture and see the totality of what scripture teaches on the subject, then you will have a well-rounded idea of the difference between someone who speaks falsely and someone who speaks truthfully. Don't look for perfection. The Bible also says, "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears... Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (I Co. 13:10, 12)

Guest jckduboise

And thank you for proving my point of why we must check prophecies and sayings claimed in the spirit against scripture. The only way you proved me wrong was by doing the very thing you said was wrong and "questioning the spirit" earlier. :laugh:

I never said questioning the spirit was wrong. I said questioning the "prophet" was wrong..what I believed you had said earlier is that it is testing the man, not the spirit and I knew that was a wrong aproach. read back you will see there was never the indication of me believing that the person speaking the Prophesy was what was to be tested..doesn't matter anyhow..it was fun

Guest jckduboise

And thank you for proving my point of why we must check prophecies and sayings claimed in the spirit against scripture. The only way you proved me wrong was by doing the very thing you said was wrong and "questioning the spirit" earlier. :P

Very good she/he caught on pretty quickly :laugh:

doesn't change a thing however about how I feel about prophecy and my very strong belief in it..I always said that testin the spirit is where we are to begin. I certainly hope no one beleived they had to teach me a lesson in this matter :)

And I never ignored scripture. Seems that what was ignored is that not every body is ignorant about these matters..thank you for you condesention..have a great day and God bless

So, if you want to examine anyone's visions, dreams, prophecies, etc. that you read on here, please examine them in light of these characteristics. If you don't believe me, read the scriptures in context and you will see that what I am telling you is true. Compare scripture with scripture and see the totality of what scripture teaches on the subject, then you will have a well-rounded idea of the difference between someone who speaks falsely and someone who speaks truthfully. Don't look for perfection. The Bible also says, "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears... Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (I Co. 13:10, 12)

Now thank you CFS :laugh:

This is a more broader statement that we have been trying to prove... You need to test the words of a prophet with the spirit of God through prayer and through the word of God. CFS has a list of verses that show you how to find a true prophet from a fake, Thank... CFS! :)

By the way! i have never once called this person a fake... i just said i don't know because firstly i don't know him and second i like to test peoples fruit :P