• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Here is what Jesus says about the 2nd coming:

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

As in the days of Noah:

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,

24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; (drowned them, destroyed them) so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Notice that the flood killed all who were not on the ark, as will happen to the unsaved when Jesus comes back. They were 'left behind' and drowned.

Some left, to be destroyed, some taken to escape destruction:

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:42 Watch therefore: for you know not what hour your Lord doth come.

24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

24:44 Therefore be also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes.

Those 'left behind', as in the days of Noah, are destroyed.

The description of those taken:

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he comes shall find so doing (watching and ready).

24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

It seems like that is a choice we all get to make, will we be watching and ready or will we be unaware and destroyed as in the days of Noah. This is the teaching of Jesus on His 2nd coming, not quite the same as the teachings of man.

God bless,

Dennis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/16/1980

Is there another Gospel today

this is an interesting question. although it isn't the main part of the post, though it ispart of the heading. but the answer to this question is yes.

there is another gospel. [lil g] the gospel according to mankind. most people are to hyped on hearing what they want to hear, mostly from our pastors. they candy-coat the message to make it more appealing and more happy, kinda like conforming the message to our lifestyles instead of conforming our life style to the message of God. Our lifestyle should be that of Christ and not of the world. now it is fine to be in the world, not of the world. God made us a "pacuilar people" {sp}

which means that we should not conform to the world.

this is my thoughts on the subject...

if i am mixed up on something or my thoughts aren't clear enough.....please tell me

God Bless

Billy

Edited by Sanyo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Is there another Gospel today

this is an interesting question. although it isn't the main part of the post, though it ispart of the heading. but the answer to this question is yes.

there is another gospel. [lil g] the gospel according to mankind. most people are to hyped on hearing what they want to hear, mostly from our pastors. they candy-coat the message to make it more appealing and more happy, kinda like conforming the message to our lifestyles instead of conforming our life style to the message of God. Our lifestyle should be that of Christ and not of the world. now it is fine to be in the world, not of the world. God made us a "pacuilar people" {sp}

which means that we should not conform to the world.

this is my thoughts on the subject...

if i am mixed up on something or my thoughts aren't clear enough.....please tell me

God Bless

Billy

Your right about the candy coating the gospel. Our pastors and ministers are not addressing sin as sin but walking all around the subject for fear of losing "members". If you are a born again believer you are member of the body of Christ not of a church, WE ARE THE CHURCH! We come together as the body to edify and to worship as a body at least that is why we are suppose to come together and to learn more about THE WORD not about building a new building so now we need your money to fund "our" vision. What ever happened to God's vision of THE CHURCH? God is about to send His Son to take HIS BODY HOME are you ready, are looking and expecting? We need to get closer to our Lord today and be ready.

Read the parable about the ten virgins, that is a picture of us the Church His bride.

Matthew 25

With Love

Sanyo,

Here is the verse in Titus. Peter also uses the phrease in 1Pet 2:9

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people (His purchased possession), zealous of good works.

The Greek work for peculiar is (per-ee-oo'-see-os), meaning they are a purchased possession of God. This fits in with the verse:

1co 6:19 What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?

6:20 For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Don't hear these verses much in the 'other Gospel'.

God bless,

Dennis

Jesus gives a picture of the kingdom and the inspection of His servants.

Mt 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man (Jesus) travelling into a far country, who called his own servants (believers), and delivered unto them his goods.

Jesus leaves the kingdom to His followers:

25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

Jesus comes back to reckon or judge His professed followers for judgment begins at the house of God:

25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckons with them.

25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

The unfaithful servant is rejected:

25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

The verdict of the Lord:

25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

25:30 And cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus says that the judgment of the 'church isn't just about handing out the 'goodies', but a judging of the worthiness of those servants by what they had done with the gift of the kingdom. It seems like it was not 'optional' after all what they did.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus is the Lord. He is the Son of God. He is God.

Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and was raised the 3rd day according to the scriptures.

My faith is in HIM. He is my LORD and my SAVIOR.

2 Words:

JESUS ONLY

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus says that real faith will beget in the believer 'new life', through a 'new birth'. In order for this 'new birth' to take place there must be the death of the 'old man' of sin.

Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: (he was a 'good man', a religious leader, maybe a 'youth pastor', but he had not died to the 'old man' and been 'born from above, a 'new creation'. Thus He could not even understand the kingdom within, let alone enter therein.)

Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that you do, except God be with him.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, truly, truly, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born ? (Here this religious leader knew Scripture, but was clueless as to the 'Mystery of Godliness').

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, truly, truly, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water (this is the baptism or immersion in repentance and death as described by Paul in Romans 6.) and of the Spirit (The implantation of the Holy Spirit in the heart of the believer, of the 'New heart' promised in the New Covenant which brings the indwelling presence of Jesus and the Father), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh (this is our natural birth, we are born carnal, not spiritual); and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (This is the 'new birth', new life begotten in the heart by the Holy Spirit, when we are recreated in the image of God, as Paul says in Ephesians, by faith we are created unto good works).

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it will, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell where it comes from, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be ? (This 'good' religious leader did not understand true conversion)

Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Are you a master of Israel, and know not these things?

Joh 3:11 truly, truly, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and you receive not our witness.

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (This type of faith is not just intellectual agreement, but a faith that begets new life in the heart and thus will not perish because Jesus dwells in his heart)

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him (who have died to the 'old man' and been born again) should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world (the world was already condemned by the law); but that the world through him might be saved (restored to the image of God).

Joh 3:18 He that believes on him (and is born again) is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (and been born again)

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (they refused to be born again by faith )

Joh 3:20 For every one that does evil hates the light , neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved (and he should believe and be born again, born spiritual, indwelt by the spirit and mind of Christ. )

Joh 3:21 But he that does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Here is John 3:16 given in context. Only those who believe to the death of the flesh and the implantantion of a 'new heart', one in harmony with and obedient to God and His word, all of it, will not perish and inherit eternal life. This is the type of faith that saves the soul.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It's strange how God works sometimes!!

Just a few minutes ago - I went down to pray and read my Bible. There's been a few things on my mind recently and I was asking God for guidance.

Now, I just started reading Galations and I was studying the first three chapters - I felt like God was trying to pass a message on to me, but I couldn't quite get the point of it.

After finishing my reading - I sat down at the computer and clicked on this topic to see what it was about and then started reading the discussion that had been going on about the ten commandments, the Gospel and the need to keep the law in order to have salvation.

For those interested, I suggest you read the first three chapters (and possibly chapter 4 also) of Galations for a deeper insight. But, in the meantime, I'll just pick out the main bits -

Galations 2:16 - "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Galations 2:21 - "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

Galations 3:10 - "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them."

Galations 3:11 - "But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith."

Galations 4:21 - "Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?"

I think Paul is quite clearly trying to say that - Man can never be justified by the law alone - it will never gain us salvation! However, it's important to note that we should still strive to keep the law. Cursed are the ones who do not keep the law.

1 Timothy 1:8 - "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;"

1 Timothy 1:9 - "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"

The righteous man does not need the law - for he is upright and keeps the law already.

But I think the most important verse for this entire subject is -

1 John 3:4 - "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

Breaking the law is sin.

Edited by Tribulation

Amen Tribulation!

The law cannot save you. It cannot pardon for its transgression, but only condemn. It also cannot change the heart of the sinner and implant the Spirit of Holiness and the New Nature. This can only be done by Jesus through the New Birth. When Jesus dwells within, as Lord, living His life through the believer, it is hard to make the case that He transgresses His own laws which He spoke from Sinai or His own Word, for He is the 'Living Word'.

I filled in the Gaps of Galatians 2:

Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Obvious question if Christ dwells within:

Ga 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners (sinning), is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. (When one understands the Gospel of 'Christ in You', then this is a legitimate and crucial question.)

Obvious answer, believer is dead to sin: (see Rom 6: below)

Ga 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Ga 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Now the real Gospel:

Ga 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

NOW ROMANS 6: 1-7 MAKES IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR:

Here again Paul asks the obvious question:

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (breaking God's Law), that grace may abound ?

Now He provides the obvious answer, the true believer has died and been raised a complete new creation:

Ro 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein (in sin)

Ro 6:3 Don't you know, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Ro 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (in righteousness and obedience, not sin which is the breaking of God will and law.)

Ro 6:5 For (only) if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection (now):

Here he defines saving faith or what it really means to believe:

Ro 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Ro 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin (not just forgiven).

Ro 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him (now on this earth, day by day, living His life.):

Nicodemas wasn't the only religious leader to not understand that the kingdom of God, when it comes, is 'within you'.

God Bless,

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Here Jesus gives a better view of what it means to 'believe in Him'. It is not a mere entellectual concept, a lifeless form of agreement with a certain set of words, but a dynamic experience of partaking of the Life of Christ, an actual ingesting of the life of the Lord Jesus into our life, a death to the 'Old man' and the creation of a completely 'New man', one with Christ and the Father, living the life of Christ here on this earth.

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. (Everyone loves this statement for they think that Christ is speaking of only intellectual agreement, and so they think that all they have to do is get people to make this statment and that they are in.)

6:48 I am that bread of life.

6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (Christ is not talking about communion here, but a real feeding on Him, for without HIM we can do nothing Spiritual)

6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat ?

6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. (It is a natural law of God that you are what you eat)[

b]6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

6:56 He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

(Saving faith makes us one with Christ, having died with Him and resurected a 'New creation' with Him)

6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. (I live, but not I, Christ now lives in and through me)

6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.

Thus according to Jesus, faith is not just an intellectual exercise, but a dynamic living experience in which the 'believer' is given every 'spiritual blessing', has been crucified with Christ and resurrected with Him and now is 'one with Him', here on this earth. Now he is to fish in this world, allowing the Father to draw all men to Christ who dwells in him and shines through him, for he is dead and his life is hid in God through the Spirit. He is as Paul told the Ephesians, filled with all the 'fullness of God', able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all he could possibly ask of think for both the Father and the Son live and dwell in Him.

God Bless,

Dennis