IGNORED

Are ouija boards truly pathways to evil spirits...

Guest feraline

Guest feraline

Are ouija boards really a gateway for spirits (evil or good), or is that untrue? I have had some really strange experiences with them in the past, but a friend told me that is just psychological - you expect to be scared to you 'make' something happen. I asked a pastor at a local church and he said it was just hype.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Teh Wiccan

Potentially in rare cases, maybe. Its not likely, but i just stay away from them because its not the efficent way of doing what its designed to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

It is most definately NOT hype. I was possessed by a spirit I picked up through one of those things...it is what eventually lead to my slavation, but just so you know....they are VERY dangerous.

~goodnight

Those boards are very dangerous and one can become demon possessed from playing with them. I stopped playing with them when the pointer jumped up several inches into my hand. That was not psychological that was actual and factual. I was also demon possessed. I would burn that thing to ashes. I can not stress how very dangerous they really are.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

How sad a pastor saying they are just all hype!

Like Dove and Sagz I agree they are very dangerous and can and often do lead onto other satanic practices...and even if they did'nt they are still not good.

It is most gulliable to toy with satans toys....

Satan is very subtle...BEWARE.

In Christ

Faith1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

And where is this so-called pastor from? may I ask..."Never-Never Land on Black Point Hill" or what?

Stay away from them dear they are not good at all :)

In Christ

Faith1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

The following is a reply from the Seattle Mariner's Baseball team's Co-chaplain, in response to question concerning Ouija Boards....

What About Ouija Boards

by Chuck Snyder

Co-chaplain for the Seattle Mariners

Archived Q & A

Reader Response

Dear Chuck

My sister is going to a Christian seminar and will be a house mother to about eight girls. Some of them believe in fortune-telling and Ouija boards. Do you have any information that I could give her when these high school girls challenge her on this issue? They don't think it's harmful. She is praying that God will give her the right words without sounding bossy, and that these girls will be able to hear my sister's message.

Chuck's Response

Thanks for the note about your sister's opportunity to minister at a seminar. Fortune telling and Ouija boards both have the purpose of foretelling the future, but the Bible is very clear about this. God has not promised to tell us the future, and I don't even think it would be helpful for Him to do that. I think the principle is set nicely for us in James 4:13-16: "Look here, you people who say, 'Today or tomorrow we are going to such and such a town, stay there a year, and open up a profitable business.' How do you know what is going to happen tomorrow? For the length of your lives is as uncertain as the morning fog -- now you see it; soon it is gone. What you ought to say is, 'If the Lord wants us to, we shall live and do this or that.' Otherwise you will be bragging about your own plans, and such self-confidence never pleases God." (Living)

Also, the Bible talks about being like the birds who don't worry too much about tomorrow. Their focus is on today, and God takes care of their needs. On the other hand, I firmly and passionately believe that God speaks to our spirit loud and clear. He gives us definite directions about some of the things He wants us to do, but I don't believe God always gives us the final destination. I guess I go back to Proverbs where it says that "men and women make their plans but God directs the path." This implies to me, at least, that decision-making is a process. We make our plans even believe we know whom we are going to marry, or where we are going to move, but GOD decides the final outcome. He speaks to our heart and gives us light for the next step. I am told that archeologists have found candleholders that were clipped on the ankle when the Israelites spent 40 years in the dessert. When someone wanted to go out at night, they would light the candles, clip one on each ankle, and then they had light for their next step. This helped them avoid scorpions, rocks and holes in the ground. They had perfect direction for their next step, but when they looked ahead, it was dark and they had no idea where they were going.

I can't think of one reason why God would want us to know the final destination in advance. First of all, that would cancel out the need for faith. We wouldn't need faith in God if we knew the final result.

The problem for your sister is that the girls she will be talking with may not be Christians, and therefore may not respect biblical principles as much as she might like them to. But this is God's problem, of course. At the very least, she will plant some wonderful seeds for the Lord.

Chuck Snyder

PO Box 819

Edmonds, WA 98020-0819

chuck@chucksnyder.org

Maybe this will help on the Biblical prespective.... :)

Guest feraline
And where is this so-called pastor from? may I ask..."Never-Never Land on Black Point Hill" or what?

Stay away from them dear they are not good at all :)

In Christ

Faith1

from Mount Hope Church in Lansing, MI.... :) I know he has given up the ministry to work as an advertising exec, so maybe he really had no clue what he was talking about.

Guest Pastor John
:) Ouija boards are very evil. Years ago my family was heavily into the Occult and we often used them to speak with spirits. There is no good thing about them. Even if people in the world say that these things are harmless or just a mere game- Remember Jesus told us to be Separate from the world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

"Pastor John"

Welcom2WorthBrds.gif

We pray your time spent with us here will be a blessed experience!

:) Ouija boards are very evil. Years ago my family was heavily into the Occult and we often used them to speak with spirits. There is no good thing about them. Even if people in the world say that these things are harmless or just a mere game- Remember Jesus told us to be Separate from the world.
..... Amen, Pastor J., This is so true!