Guest C.D. Light

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

That is actually pretty scary Wisdom, but don't you think we are also going to have to answer for that. I can't remember where it is in Ezekiel about having others blood on his hands if he doesn't warn them. ok I got it. Ezekiel 3 20 Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did I will not remember, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

I think we will also be judged for this, not in losing our salvation but a tongue lashing like Job got. I am sure there is someone that walks by me every single day that I should have said something to but didn't. I don't feel convicted by the Holy Spirit for this. I did have to have an encounter with a young man I ran into from our church tonight. He was dressed in goth and listening to some pretty horrible music. He is the leader for one of our youth groups, so it concerned me. We talked about it, and he had it all rationalized. The best I can hope for is that it put some doubt in his head. And of course I will be praying for him and talking to our pastor about it. Other than that what can we do.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Nothing more than what YOU did for the young man, other than prayer.  Prayer is our "A-bomb" in these matters.

Yes, I agree.  We will have gone through the "Bema", and gotten our tongue lashing as you put it. :t2:  But, it is kind of scary, although it shouldn't be.  We should want to share the gospel, and get this, it doesn't always have to be verbal.  It was my reading a gospel tract which led me to the LORD.  We're NOT going to win the whole world for CHRIST....only those the SPIRIT beckons to through us.  YOU KNOW when HE is leading you to say something to someone about "the Way"...you know.  Our biggest problem is not the Devil, it is us.

• 6 months later...

Are there any new responses out here?!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well Wisdom at it again aren't you!!! :thumb:  You start one of these threads and they always seem to have the answer I am looking for at the time....neat!!!

I have a question also....I hope this is the right place (thread) I was reading above where we would get chastised for not speaking up to help someone get saved...I was going to start a new thread but I will ask here....

For several years I have had on and off again problems with a certain person who lives in my town...I will call him C.M. (his initials)  he is an alcholic and has a very nasty mouth on him...he has followed me and tried to grab at me a couple of times...I am actually afraid of him.

Well some of you may remember that I just recently started a job at a small movie rental store....well he his dad and brother are customers there...this made me really nervous...nervous enough where I told the owners about some of the probs I had with him....come to find out he is like that with every woman he comes into contact with (ok helped me not to feel singled out)...heres the hard part....he has a brain tumor and the doctors say he won't live very long...thats why he is living with his Dad and brother...but they buy him all the alcohol he wants....because he should be able to do what he wants because he is dying....

I came home the other night and told my hubby about C.M. coming in there....he is very upset and want me to quit...I told him about the tumor and the next thing I said even floored me "He can't die without being saved"....I had such a strong feeling about it.....

Now heres the hard part...how do I overcome my fear of him to tell him there is a better way...I am honestly afraid of him...and I wish I would have had that thought while he was present cuz the feeling was so strong I would have started to tell him about Jesus....and most of the time he is drunk I don't think I could tell him anything then?...gosh I am so confused...

there is my problem and after reading this post I need to know how to overcome my fear and tell him...or God will me slapping my hand someday shaking his finger at me I know he will!! :butbut:

any help at all will me so appreciated...I'm sorry this was so long...I tried to keep it short and to the point...

Blessing to all here,

Angel H.

Guest C.D. Light

Wisdom--For one thing, I am going to be glad to meet YOU up there.  Also, some other good christian friends Ive met on the Net.

I also have envisioned those who've cornered me on the Net and ended up receiving the Lord. I envision them coming up to me and saying, remember when you said........well, THAT turned me around.  And I wont know it until they say that to me.  I will be totally awed by that!

All those seeds we planted, and then never got a chance to see grow; and we had no idea they took root. These are the people I want to meet.  

cd

SO will I CD.... :t2:

It's going to be my leasure meeting you!  I've often thought of who I will meet and it sends tingles of excitement up my spine.

Angel H:

I will try to address your question later at home.  I'm about to leave my office for the day.

:t2: ....sorry CD:

pleasure vice leasure! :)

CD:

Have you heard anymore from the lady who came in your office?

Guest C.D. Light

Angel H--if i remember correctly your a new christian right?

If you are, it may be that you are not the one to tell this person. Are u equipped with the answers to the question or retorts he may have?

I have alwasy found that when u are to talk to someone, God will put the right words in your mouth, and He will let u know u should do something.

I dont know where it says that we will be judged; but our works will be judged.

I also dont think god is going to chew us out. Where is that scripture, anybody?

Job did not have benefit of the Holy Spirit as we do. Also he had more life to live yet.  

God said we'd go until the "full number of gentiles is reached" so I dont think a person will get left behind that God doesnt already know wont accept the message, if they did hear it.

I also dont think a persons salvation is even in our hands.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, EXCEPT the Father ...DRAWS him.

We cant just walk up to somebody and think they'll get saved because we talk to them about it.   We also cant think that IF we dont, they will lose out because of it.

The FATHER must draw them; we cant.

We just have to follow the way we are LEAD by the Holy Spirit. If he leads us to talk, and we dont, THEN we are at fault.

As far as I know, Ive only "neglected" (refused) to do this once. It was a lady I met in a garage while we were both waiting to have our cars fixed. Ages ago.

She told me her husband just died and she was just lost without him, etc.

I was going thru a real tough time then; having my "old" car nickle and diming me to death, money I didnt really have, while she was left with a new fancy car, a house, and not hurting for money for sure.

And I just got on my high horse that day and I said to myself "yeah, i really feel for ya". Dah. LOL. The Lord had told me to "tell her". I said "tell her yourself".  I mean I was doing some battles back in those days.

NOW, people wish I'd shut up  :t2: