IGNORED

What to say to comfort

Guest baccalynnwv

Guest baccalynnwv

Hello,

I am going to study this more tonight, but I thought I would come here and get some suggestions.

My aunt is a Christian and dying of caner. She has very quickly become bedfast and does not eat more than two or three bites, if that, a meal. She is in a lot of pain now almost constantly.

I would like to offer her comfort and read some scriptures to her. Are there any particular words or scriptures that you have found helpful when trying to comfort a dying Christian?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

I read these words to my mother just before she passed from her earthly tent to be with Christ.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am always personally comforted by these scriptures.

Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Guest baccalynnwv

Thanks to you both. I will be using all of those. I founds some others last night and some songs I think she would like.

It's hard for me to tell people how much they really mean to me, but I'm going to try and talk to her tonight or tomorrow and tell her. She was one of the... well. not one of, but the biggest Christian influence in my life. I want to let her know that because of her example and the love of Christ shown through her, that I and my children are going to know and live by Christ as well.

She is worried about her children. The other day she told my mom and aunt, during one of her more "aware" moments, that she has worried all this time about who she wants to give what to (furniture, car, house, etc.), but now she realizes that she needs to be worrying about their souls. This is really troubling her now and her children a already fuding among each other. :24: So I am going to try and do what I can to let her know that I will do my best to remind them of God's plan for them.

Anyway, thanks for the help and listening to me vent a little bit!