• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Gee Whiz!!! I thought my posts were direct but not churlish. Perhaps I hit a nerve. I really don't apologize for it, however, because people tend to remember something important if it makes them angry first.

That in mind: "You're ugly and your mom dresses you funny!"

Oh, speaking of ugly, I finally figured out how to post my photo in my profile....

Now then, no offense intended, and none taken. We have prayed over your request at Matens and Vespers, and will continue to do so.

All Christian love,

The Resident Brute

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

:) Heavenly Father, in the depths of my heart I hear Your spirit calling me to prayer, I come before Your faithfulness, as Your child in prayer for YahsGirl and her husband. Lord I pray that YahsGirl would have understanding of Your truth of her purpose for You, and that she would stand firm on the covenant of marriage in You, Father I pray that Yah'sGirls thirst to nurture the fellowship be fulfilled in Your perfect will. Father I pray for husband that He would have a softened heart to encourage and support YahsGirl to all things which Glorify You, and that total restoration of any pride or jealousies be reconciled through You. Father Thank You for bringing YahsGirl to Worthy may she be a blessing and be blessed in the fellowship. In Christ Jesus I pray Amen

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Thank you Lady Raven, you words will be taken to the heart as they bear witness with my spirit and the Word.

You're welcome.

To the forum, Quite frankly we have a great, happy home life, with happy kids that excel naturally and spiritually. There is no tension or arguing or any of that madness. No perversions like porography, masterbation, etc. Many have considered us the marriage to pattern after, and it is not pretense.

I'm glad to hear it.

To answer Lady Raven's question, we are Hebrew Roots, Torah observant "Christian" Bible teachers, not Pastors. However, we are sent to Pastors and other Church Leaders to teach them the Hebrew Roots of the Christian Faith, and about Shabbat and the other moadims of Yah.

I used to belong to a Hebrew Christian congregation when I was in college. I'm a covenantal believer now, and knowing how the Old Covenant worked helps me greatly. I ever so blessed by the Christ in Passover denomstration I went to, and the leader also did a special study for us which lasted about a year on how Jesus fulfills the Hebrew feasts. I do believe the church can exist without knowing this, but at the same time I have found that when I tell what I have learned in the past during Bible studies it blesses people and helps them understand, seeing the continuity between the covenants and in God's character is so very helpful.

Lady Raven your words bore witness with my spirit. I do not believe my husband is ready and he knows that he will be the one out front, as he is the man, and he may not be biblically ready for that. If I take oppotunities to learn more about my Hebrew Roots by going to seminary, it would put him further behind. He will not admit this, but as I read your message it bears witness. He wants me to learn at his pace, so we are together in knowledge. He is an exceptional Hebrew Roots teachers and I excel in Torah, and have a keen biblical understanding of the law of Moses and the restoration of the Two Houses Judah and Ephraim. Getting him to admit this would be like getting President Bush to admit that he has a financial interest and benefit from the high price of gas. I will wait and not go, as he needs to be delivered from this "thing" and it runs deep if you read my last post. It is important that Yah approve us, so we can be successful, and if it means waiting for Yah to deliver him for us to be successful in ministry them I will.

Being married can be so hard sometimes. It's particularly difficult for those of us who know we're supposed to submit to our husbands as unto the Lord and they are just spiritually STUCK for some reason. The flesh just wants to kick them in the head... Times like this particularly. When you feel that God has called you to do something and you can't you feel like you are going to explode or burn up and there he is...not doing anything...

If I were you I would find something you could do which does not require his help or input which will make it easier to go into the ministry when you are both ready to do it together. For instance I understand that college is not cheap, so I'm sure seminary is not either. Why not try to have a nest egg set aside to pay for it when the time comes? Or researching things for an itinerary or getting the two of you "prayed up" This might "take the edge" off that feeling, and I believe your husband will be blessed by your forethought.

Leonard and others, please read the scripture in Deut 13 that I posted in my orginal message. This is quite significant in my mind, as it warns that if anyone, even those close to you who purposefully steer you away from the things of Yah to something idolatrous, do not regard them even if they seem to have signs and wonders flowing from their life. It also says that Yah will take care of that person, if they continue to do so.

Hun, I understand your feelings toward what Leonard said (or how he said it) but I doubt his intent was to steer you away from what God called the two of you to do. In todays world there are many women who are going down the paths scripture does not give us license to go down. I was a little concerned too, based on the way you were not being specific about what you were looking to do. He may have seemed abrasive but his intent really was to steer you toward the things of God as opposed to away from them.

If there was a hole behind me and I was backing up into it, my husband would probably say you need to look out; but he would never grab me, tell me there was a hole behind me and save me from falling in. Honestly, we would quietly let me fall in, and walk away. He would walk by me in that hole for weeks until I asked him why did you not warn me of the hole before I fell in, and he would be annoyed at me for falling in and for asking his help to get out, and then he would say I could have told you the hole was there as he pulled me out weeks later. This is who he is and has been all of our marriage, though he is all of those other wonderful things, and though we have a good marriage and no "real" problems. This is a problem. I know it sounds strange, but it is so. I am not a rebellious person by any means and my husband can vouch for that.

You could choose to see this as an odd form of a compliment...he knows you're intelligent, and intelligent people know where big holes are you know. He can't see how, being that you're so smart, you didn't see it. If he thought you were stupid or in need of constant guidence he'd not expect you to see it. :24:

Lady Raven, I beleive he has an issue in his heart, that only Yah can address. Continue to pray for him and us.

Well Give God time, He chooses often to take a while to work on our faults. I have been a believer since I was 17. I've had an anger problem the entire time. It wasn't until about 2 yrs ago that I noticed any modicum of control over it. (I'm 42) I used to blow up easily, often, loudly, for a long time, and then hold a horrible grudge, and I would find some way to get you. Now I just blow up easily and loudly. And a soft word from someone who cares will short circuit it, whereas two yrs ago I would have seen you as being "preachy and annoying." I'll be so happy when "easily and loudly" are pared off of me as well.

I will pray for the two of you. And it's not over till it's over. You know that like Jonah, people can't run from the calling of God forever. If God has a mission for the two of you, you will have the chance to do it. Just keep your eyes on scripture and pray for the strength to remain faithful until then. :thumbsup:

Yah's Girl---

Just wanted to let you know, that I was surprised at Leonard's replies, like you were, but he does have a true heart for God, and loving other people. In his defense, I just wanted you to know this, as you are new. Leonard has prayed for every post I have asked prayer for, and he has even sent me some Biblical verses, to help when I am struggling spiritually, by snail mail. If I knew he were to take offense to my reaction of his post, I would not have written it. To me, he really is a true servant of the Lord, a strict one, maybe, but a true one. I just want you to know this, in love, that Leonard is a good guy.

Ladyraven, I see what you are saying. Totally, I do get it. I have no scripture to back up what I have said, I just thought of all the people Yah's Girl could not reach if she did not go forward. How many will suffer because she was held back by her husband? And, when is it okay to go, that is really the answer. Is not the most important thing for us to do as Christians is to reach people who are not saved?

We could go on and on, arguing with each other, but I respect everyone's opinion. When it all comes down to it, we just need to pray for Yah's Girl. Pray hard.

I am thinking of you my dear friend, Yah. I wish I had a gift of ministry like you do. Is there a way you can use your gift of ministry right where you are, in agreement with your husband? You said you live exceptionally well, could you manage working your business part time, and someone fill in for you? Just some thoughts...

Blessings,

Rachel

I do see what you are saying Rachel. This could be one the the hardest times Yah's Girl ever has in her life, knowing what could be done, knowing how to do it, knowing the two of then could do it, knowing the two of them SHOULD do it and knowing that for whatever reason her husband is not in that zipcode right now. Submitting to a man who is not living up to his spiritual potential is supremely trying for a godly woman. Especially when we see how important what we do for the kingdom is. Sometimes it's enough to make you want to run out and do things your own way. Unfortunately, that's not in the script right now for her and I'm so sorry.

What we need to remember is that, in the end, God is sovereign. Everything works together for good, nothing which He purposes goes undone and so regardless of how her husband is malfunctioning right now, he is NOT screwing up God's eternal plans. He might be irritating his wife and doing other things, but God's plan for saving the world is not at risk. :thumbsup:

Gee Whiz!!! I thought my posts were direct but not churlish. Perhaps I hit a nerve. I really don't apologize for it, however, because people tend to remember something important if it makes them angry first.

Oh, speaking of ugly, I finally figured out how to post my photo in my profile....

Now then, no offense intended, and none taken. We have prayed over your request at Matens and Vespers, and will continue to do so.

All Christian love,

The Resident Brute

(in response to the ugly/dressing funny comment) :thumbsup:

:24: What softens the carrot boils the egg. It's hard to know on informal, non face to face means how to speak to people, honestly.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

"two yrs ago I would have seen you as being "preachy and annoying." I'll be so happy when "easily and loudly" are pared off of me as well."

Lady Raven, you are the best and so very, very funny. I laughed until I almost cried about your comments about yourself and me. :thumbsup: Your words, peaceafire, and Rachel72 are filled with wisdom and compassion. Thanks for your genuine love and concern. Keep praying for us.

"What we need to remember is that, in the end, God is sovereign. Everything works together for good, nothing which He purposes goes undone and so regardless of how her husband is malfunctioning right now, he is NOT screwing up God's eternal plans. He might be irritating his wife and doing other things, but God's plan for saving the world is not at risk."

That really puts things in perspective. This issue has not placed Yah's plan for saving the world at risk. :P You are so refreshingly humorous. :24: Shucks, you are down right funny, and filled with wisdom. Thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

All Christian love,

The Resident Brute

Leonard--The Resident Brute

You made me laugh so hard at your post. You must really be a funny guy. Are you from Europe? I just wandered. I never heard of Vespers before. Oh, no you can't be, cuz you sent me a package in the mail.

Yah's Girl--I hope you can have peace now. You know, I get the Today's Christian Woman magazine, and it would be a wonderful thing if you could contribute some type of article. Or write a book for new believers. You can do so much with your gift of ministry, while you are waiting on God and your husband.

I keep thinking of what Ladyraven said, and I think that if you went, without your husband's blessings and he came along, there may be a lot of friction, and wouldn't be good. I hope you can find the answer in your heart. I know this truly must be a struggle for you. So many opportunities where you are right now, because there are SO many unsaved people. All around us, there are people who don't have the peace we have as God's children. I think of how I struggle in this world with God, and how difficult it must be not to have God in my life and struggle. I don't want to go there!

Take care, and peace to everyone---

Rachel72

"two yrs ago I would have seen you as being "preachy and annoying." I'll be so happy when "easily and loudly" are pared off of me as well."

Lady Raven, you are the best and so very, very funny. I laughed until I almost cried about your comments about yourself and me. :thumbsup: Your words, peaceafire, and Rachel72 are filled with wisdom and compassion. Thanks for your genuine love and concern. Keep praying for us.

"What we need to remember is that, in the end, God is sovereign. Everything works together for good, nothing which He purposes goes undone and so regardless of how her husband is malfunctioning right now, he is NOT screwing up God's eternal plans. He might be irritating his wife and doing other things, but God's plan for saving the world is not at risk."

That really puts things in perspective. This issue has not placed Yah's plan for saving the world at risk. :P You are so refreshingly humorous. :thumbsup: Shucks, you are down right funny, and filled with wisdom. Thanks.

Thank you so very kindly, you're my new best friend for this second cause you made my day. I had a ministry a while back in Christian forums. Of course I was a debator of heavy theological topics (you gotta know me, I'm just wired that way) but I could also do so with humour so as to avoid some of the heat that comes with such debates. God has since called me to write about other things and I don't use the humourous writing method much. It's been a long time since I was the one who made people laugh. I forgot I could do that...

Okay, now back to reality :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Interesting Rachel72 and LadyRaven the two of you mentioned writing and that is one of my past times. You guys are so insightful... WOW. :blink: That is a good idea to occupy myself in that manner, until hubby gets on board with teaching. The two of you just brought it out plainly, with Rachel72's suggestion about the magazine and the fact that Lady Raven used to do it. (Okay Lady Raven let's get back to it.) You are good and like you said measuring humor with deep doctrinal issues can be a dose of good medicine that allows believers to remain open without resistance and conflict. I self-published a book last year October 2005 called, "Wounded in the House of a Friend", it is a guide to how to recover from being hurt in the church. So many folks have been hurt in and by the church and the pulpit would make you believe that the wounded are a group of weak Christians who are just whiners, but not so. The book guides us as believers in how to resolve conflict when it arises, and validates the pain of the wounded, rather than blaming them for being "too weak or sensitive". The book also explores and uncovers the real reason the wounded get hurt, and exposes the real enemy and (hint) it ain't the devil. Sometimes we leave ourselves in the line of fire and there are some key ways I bring out in the book to avoid this. It is a quick read and keeps it real, by discussing some of the issues we have all heard about in media and true stories we can identify with that can be seen in all churches that lead to being hurt. If you want a freebie copy just let me know. Rachel 72, I will contact that magazine to see what their requirements are to contribute articles. I love this Board and you guys are great. Each day I rush to my computer to see the new topics and research the ones I feel led to provide a detailed respond to or just jump in. I think I will post a new topic to get some feedback on church hurt and how it is dealt with and how it could be avoided and/or overcome. Sweet idea guys. LadyRaven let's get with it, back to ministry through the pen. There are lots of things plaguing the church that we can write solutions about, plus I have a few extra ISBN numbers if you guys need them. :)

Hugs and Kisses :b: ,

Yah's Girl

Edited by Yah'sGirl

Interesting Rachel72 and LadyRaven the two of you mentioned writing and that is one of my past times. You guys are so insightful... WOW. :blink: That is a good idea to occupy myself in that manner, until hubby gets on board with teaching. The two of you just brought it out plainly, with Rachel72's suggestion about the magazine and the fact that Lady Raven used to do it. (Okay Lady Raven let's get back to it.) You are good and like you said measuring humor with deep doctrinal issues can be a dose of good medicine that allows believers to remain open without resistance and conflict. I self-published a book last year October 2005 called, "Wounded in the House of a Friend", it is a guide to how to recover from being hurt in the church. So many folks have been hurt in and by the church and the pulpit would make you believe that the wounded are a group of weak Christians who are just whiners, but not so. The book guides us as believers in how to resolve conflict when it arises, and validates the pain of the wounded, rather than blaming them for being "too weak or sensitive". The book also explores and uncovers the real reason the wounded get hurt, and exposes the real enemy and (hint) it ain't the devil. Sometimes we leave ourselves in the line of fire and there are some key ways I bring out in the book to avoid this. It is a quick read and keeps it real, by discussing some of the issues we have all heard about in media and true stories we can identify with that can be seen in all churches that lead to being hurt. If you want a freebie copy just let me know. Rachel 72, I will contact that magazine to see what their requirements are to contribute articles. I love this Board and you guys are great. Each day I rush to my computer to see the new topics and research the ones I feel led to provide a detailed respond to or just jump in. I think I will post a new topic to get some feedback on church hurt and how it is dealt with and how it could be avoided and/or overcome. Sweet idea guys. LadyRaven let's get with it, back to ministry through the pen. There are lots of things plaguing the church that we can write solutions about, plus I have a few extra ISBN numbers if you guys need them. :)

Hugs and Kisses :b: ,

Yah's Girl

hmmm, that book sounds interesting. I do believe I would like one. If I like it, I'll link you on my webpages (you do list with Amazon, yes?) :taped:

I am writing a devotional book (ah me...those are so hard to write, so much to say, so little space) on faith and it's role in our spiritual walk. I have parts of it online (not near done tho) on my Reforming of the Raven Site. I have personal stuff that I want to tie together somehow on Raven's Deep Contemplations site. Two of the devos on the Reforming site are written for my denomination's magazine as part of a yearly series (these were two separate years). I am trying to fill out the rest of the parts on my own. :laugh:

Do you write devotional materials too? Your unique understanding of the scriptures would be refreshing if marketed to the greater Christian community. As you well know, most believers DON'T have a great understanding of the first half of the bible, and even those that do tend to not understand the culture and philosophy present and woven through it. Take a look at some issues which are particularly poignant for women and apply what you know to it and see what happens.

And while you're at it, why not keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings in relation to THIS situation here. Do you know how many women have to deal with knowing their husband isn't at a place where he can support or walk in front of them in their particular calling or use of their particular gifts? Or how many women find themselves with a man who cannot or won't be the spiritual leader of their home? If the woman honestly believed the scriptures and understood her husband's role in relationship to hers, it can be really hard. When the two of you come out the other end of this time, your story can be an inspiration to a whole bunch of women who want to be faithful to scripture and yet are reaaaallly frustrated.

I'm probably going to write something for divorced Christian Moms. It shouldn't be necessary, but if it hadn't been for my church I would have fallen apart during my divorce and those first two years.

Edited by LadyRaven