IGNORED

Christian & Catholic Marital Question

Guest jettd1313

Guest jettd1313

Thank you all for you sound advice and responses. You have definitely given me much to think about. I know that I cannot turn my back on the very one who brought me this far in my life and sustains me daily. I don't think you can have true peace in a household with two different viewpoints where faith is concerned. This is particualarly true when you have man putting forth edicts as doctrine v. the infallible Word contained in the scripture that should not be added to or taken from.

May God continue to enrich and bless each one of you in Jesus name.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Praise the Lord Jett,

This is a tough decision and you will be in my prayers as well as your prospective spouse, God is a God of miracles and rebirth, who knows may be the right person, just the wrong timing at present, but that could change.

Wait on the Lord, He will direct your path, and as you appear to already be doing, seek Him first, He will direct your Path.

God bless

Kevin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

There is only One Church and One Body made up of all who believe in Jesus Christ.

Those who suggest that a Catholic-Protestant should not marry or could not marry because of differences or 'compromise' are probably too immature to marry anyhow...since 'compromise' is the inherant essence of marriage.

Scripture says, a spouse is no longer his/her own, but his/her spouses' as well.

Being from one denomination or another does not now nor EVER has disqualified marriage between believing christians and those who emphasize the differences do so as the teaching of MEN, not GOD and run the risk of running CONTRARILY to God's will just as Mirriam and Aaron did when they criticized Moses' marriage to a black woman.

God dealt with both Miriam and Aaron swiftly.

The Scripture does NOT even suggest that one of one Christian beleiving denomination cannot nor should not marry one of another denomination.

In fact, according to scripture, such a notion is completely absurd.

There is ONE BODY and ONE CHURCH.

If you cannot compromise then certainly DO NOT marry, but not because it is wrong to marry outside of your denomination, but because you are too immature in Christ or too inflexible in person to be married at all.

Guest glorytothelord

Jettd1313, my brother married a catholic girl and went through exactly the same conditions as you, which he refused to comply with. However, he has been married for 20 years, very happily, with twin daughters, who, however, have been brought up in the catholic religion. So mixed marriages can work, with God's care.

GlorytotheLord.

Rev. 3.20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me.COLOR=blue]

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

DONT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED, THAT IS A BAD IDEA

There is a reason that we are told not to be unequally yoked...... if there is a division in the house it will not stand, it will fall.

how are you both going to focus on the Lord in one accord, if one is praying to a statue, and the other to God? are you going to allow idols into your house?

there is "religious" stuff ( yea, it is stuff ) in this house, but there is none of it that is bowed down to, none of it is prayed to......

if you bring up your children, worshipping idols, then you are leading the children astray, and that my friend, is not what God wants us to do.....

if you are set upon marrying this lady, invite her to your church, invite her to see some of those that are Spirit Filled...... if there are none that are Spirit filled in your church, then find a church that is Spirit Filled, teach her that there is a better way, that she has a direct line to the Lord........ that she does not have to go thru a priest or another man or even a statue to talk to the Lord God Almighty...... that God can be her true Father.

if she is set on marrying you, then maybe you need to stand fast and allow her to make the change.....

the marriage does have to be centered around the Lord in order for it to work, all i know is from what i have seen, there have been those i have seen that were catholic/penticostal and there was strife after a while... they were different.... the penticostal, changed churches, and became depressed.... he no longer had the fellowship with the Lord as a one on one relationship, as a love love relationship...... there became a division in the house, until the spouse seen him praiseing and worshiping with out the "church" and seen that the Lord was begining to use him again, she was hungry, she wanted what he had......

it dont matter what denomination you are of......

as far as i am concerned, the denominational doctrine tends to box the Lord in, so that we limit His works in the church.....

i am not dissing the doctrine, not at all, for we need a set of rules to govern the body with.... but, DONT BOX GOD IN .....

friend, becareful, if you choose to marry this lady in the Catholic church, and dont lie about how you will raise your children, that would only make things worse when the time comes...... if you choose to convert then that is your choice, but I ask you to really weigh the consiquences...... I ask you to really seek the Lords desires for you and your lady friend on this.... dont be decieved...... take the word and burry yourself in it....

do not rush into this, not at all..... it dont matter how long it has been since you have started dating, or how long it will be if you continue to just date.......

have you ever watched a team of horses work?

I mean really work...........

if you have two horses, that are yoked together, to a wagon, that wagon may be empty, and if the horses are not pulling at the same strength, the wagon will not get very far very fast at all, for the strong horse will be out pulling the weaker horse, and the weaker horse will be slowing the stronger, causing undue resistance for each, and the wagon will not be traveling in a straight line, for it will tend to go to and fro, as the driver of the team tryes to keep the horses together.....

evenly yoked, a pair of ponys, both of equal strength, as weak as the weaker of the pair of horses, can out pull them, for with them pulling evenly, the weight of the wagon and its contents have constant strain on it rather then the uneven strain on the poneys...... a matched pair can out pull an unmatched pair anytime....

the same with a team of dogs with a sled...... the lead dog does not have to be the most powerful dog, but has to be the leader of them, you can not have two lead dogs.. you can not have the priest of the Catholics and the Pastor of the Baptist, both telling you how to live your lives, or how to raise your children, or how to worship...... with two lead dogs, there will be compitition between them, the other dogs will not know which to follow during a peticular event.... one will want to pull right, the other left, the power dogs will be following the one that is in front of them, or maybe not, and the gangs may become tangled....... that is how it would be in our lives with an unequally yoked couple...... one will want to follow this way, another that way, and well, what will happen, is the children do not know which way to go,

and will become totally confussed.......

all i can say is that you take this to the Lord, and seek the Lord, if it takes one day for an answer, fine, if it takes 6 years, wait for the six years..... the Lord will let you know...... and what ever answer He gives you.... settle with it, do not argue..... accept His decission, His Direction...

your friend and brother, always forever

mike

The 'unequally yoked' lie.

It is a teaching of men, and a FALSE TEACHING at that, that simply because two christians from different denominations worship Christ differently that somehow this qualifies for the condition that Paul warned against, namely:

"Be not unequally yoked..."

But it does not under any condition.

Because those who like to quote 'be not unequally yoked' ALWAYS forget the REST OF THE VERSE which states:

"DO NO BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS."

Funny how some would like to twist the truth by eliminating the WHOLE verse.

A belieiving Catholic marrying a believing Protestant or Orthodox or Coptic or Chaldean Christian is well within God's will and the saying 'unequally yoked' has absolutley NOTHING to do with being 'unequally yoked'..

It is of the flesh alone, and NOT of the Holy Spririt, to make a statement that

because of different methods of worshipping Christ there is somehow a disqualification of marriage before God. There is NOT. God never said anything of the like. Scripture says nothing of the kind.

And anyone suggesting that Catholics worship statues needs to get an education beyond perhaps the 3rd grade and find out EXACTLY what it is Catholics DO teach or keep their embarassing ignorance to themselves.... :laugh:

hombild,

if i offended you, why?

is it because i stated that the statues are idols?

if they do not worship them, then why is it i left the Catholic church?

it was not because i do not believe in the Lord Jesus,

but when people bow and curtsie before statues, and bow down before them and pray to them, sorry, but i have been catholic, i do not condone the worship of idols. nor the worship of a dead human being. ( mary )

the last two times ( with in the last two years ) during one service, there was at least 5 times that the couple ( being married ) bowed down to different statues and prayed...... that was after the guest had all came in and curtsied to the statue in the foyer..... having Jesus on the Cross, well, sorry, my Savior is no longer on the cross, He was removed, burried and rose from the dead.... i do not bow down to the empty cross, nor do i bow to any but the Father in Heaven above.

Mary, she was only a young lady that was Blessed by God to have the privilage to carry the Savior thru birth and raise Him up...... she follows the teachings of God..... she was only a human woman, nothing special about her......other then she probably followed God better then most of us.

a believer that is pulling in one direction, and a believer that is pulling in the other direction, are pulling against each other. and not towards the same goal,

why do you feel that you are offended?

i know that when i feel that some one is offending me, or that my toes are being stepped on, it is a way the Lord is telling me i need to get my toes out of the way, and to step back and look at why i am being offended..... most of the time it is because the Lord is convicting me of something, telling me that this thing in my life needs to be fixed.... and the only way to fix it is take it to the Lord God......

do you feel that a catholic woman and a protestant man, that neither want to bend to the others desires, are equally yoked? or on the same wave length? or even on the same page in the book? NO, they do not chose to walk side by side each other, thus they are not equally yoked.......

my wife and i choose to serve God together, working side by side each other as we do the Lords work...... my wife and me choose to follow the Lord together, not following the other while the one follows the Lord, but hand in hand together......

we have but one goal, and that is to do the Lords bidding, to raise our children up so that they will be working and walking with the Lord thru their lives....

we do not attend separate churches, not that the one we are going to is the best one, for there is no perfect church to go to....

as i had said, there are those that have taken Jesus as their personal savior, and the Pentance thing is a thing that is no longer needed by anyone, for there is no way that we can earn our way into heaven, nor buy our way, and the pentance things is obsolete.... it is Repentance, Repentance of ones sins, and accepting the salvation of the Lord God almighty having sent His Son Jesus to pay for our sins PERMANENTLY, not just for a day and then having to go back to the pentance, but permanently.....

I no longer have to go to a priest and have my sins washed away, for Jesus done did that forever....

if the preacher offends me, and preaches someting i do not want to hear, i sit and listen and verify what he has spoken,

do you honestly feel that two people that have different beliefs are truely pulling and working in the same direction? even thou neither will follow the other?

Really, Honestly??

do you honestly feel that one that bows down to a statue and prays to it is not praying to an idol?

how about a St. Christophers medal?

how about a person that prays to a dead human?

if a person prays to Mary, then why not buddah? or Mohomad? or Joshua?

why not they pray to the neighbors dog? alive or dead

think about it, who are you suppose to worship and pray to?

mike

"if they do not worship them, then why is it i left the Catholic church?"

Uhhh, I give up.

Maybe it was because you didn't have the foggiest clue what the Church teaches in the first place?

That would be my best guess because

Catholics do NOT worship idols nor pray to statues.

To state they do is to state falsely or ignorantly...or both.

ok,

I will sit and listen to the reason why they bow down in front of the St. Christopher statue, and pray, then move to the St. Michael statue, and then the statue of Mary, Joseph, the statue of the mother and child, and with each of these and the other statues that are in the place....

can you tell me why this is done??

you say they are not praying to them nor worshiping them, so why do they bow down before them?

really, i would like to know. for every catholic church i have been in, they do.....

are we not told : " I am the Lord thy God, which hath brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt not have any other gods before thee. thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thy self to them, nor serve them, for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God..........................

mike