• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

those did not answer the questions....

why is it they BOW DOWN BEFORE THEM. it is clear that we are not to....

as far as creating figures, the figures that were created in the old test, was that of God telling us how to construct things, such as the ark of the covenent with the Mercy seat. God had it constructed in a peticular fashion for a peticular reason..... it was not just thrown together, for if it had been, then those that were not authorized to handle it ( open or touch it ) would not have died...... there was a reason God had it made with the cheribim and every thing that was adorning it......

God did not tell us to make images of man, he forbade it. God did not tell us to bow down before statues or images of anything, He forbade it,

so, I am still waiting on the answers as to why..... those web sites did not explain it, but excused it.

the figures that were listed in the web sites, as well as the Bible, came from God, not man.... no where did God say that we are to create a statue of a man, and then pray to that man ( or woman ) when they have died....

there is only ONE WAY to the Lord God Almighty.

not several, not thru Mary, or Paul or Peter or anyone else, but only thru the Lord Jesus Christ,

mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Be prepared Mike to be led to all these Catholic websites, and not much from the bible.

I have had a few of the same questions at another bb and all they did was lead me to some site where they would reason things away, such as Mary having other children etc.. with not one ounce of bible to back their position.

They listen to the teachings of man, and not the instructions of the Lord.

that is why i left the Catholic church, when a man can overrule Gods Word.....

from what i see in it, is not much different then what happened with adam and eve,

God had, and still has total athority over all things.

we must totally obey all the commandments with out questioning them. when lucifer went to eve in the garden, he used Gods commandment as the center of a question of good and evil and infiltrated eve's imagination.... the serpant said "Really?" you must not eat any of it?? eve said we can eat of any, except the one in the center of the garden, from the tree of knowledge of good and evil..... God says we mustn't eat of it or even touch it or we will surly die......

the serpant said that was a lie, you will not die, but you will become like God for you will be able to see and know between good and evil.

satan got eve to twist the word of God and thus had already baited her to take the fruit... once he got her to question the command, then she was ready for the bait of temptation, and feeding her imagination, got her to take the bait, hook, line, and sinker......

and instead of being Like God, it is really rebelling against God......

I use to be catholic, I will not return to it. I do not care to have a man " CONTROLLING " me, that is bondage, I want God to control me as me being His servant.... since i have left the church, the Lord has done many things thru me, from healings of my own self, as well as healings to others ( minor and major ) even bringing some one back from the very edge of death.... there has been a hand of protection around me and my family that has kept us safe from harm and death....

God has used my family in such a way, that when we came upon a ritual of a witch, the witch turned and departed and would not come close.

The Spirit of God surrounds us ( this house hold, for me and my house IS serving God ) satan has no control over this house, for it belongs to God, as does my buisness, as does the vehicles, and the property this house sits on....

man does not have to issue me a piece of paper saying that I belong to God, God has it written in His book already.......

man does not have to issue me a piece of paper saying that i am a healer, or this that or other, for all of this is Gods doings, not mine, to have to have performed three (3) totally documented healings to be concidered for saint hood is preposterous........ Man does not create the saints, man can not say who is and isnot a saint.... that is of God....

all the figurines made by the children of God in the Bible were made thru Gods instruction, and by Gods blessings, for God had them made.... the things that were made for the Temple, were things that which God picked out for His House...... not much different then you designing your own home to be built by others, you give explicit instructions...... God gave explicit instructions, and we were to follow them, we are not to think that because he wanted a plug in every 6 feet, that a plug in every 3 feet would be better, No, just cause he might ask for one 4 bladed ceiling fan, that we think he really wants 6 five bladed ceiling fans....... just cause God said to make this, dont give us the liberty to made more items of our own accord.......

when it says do not bow down, to me, that means do not bow down........ no exception.......

I was given a Word from the Lord, about this, and the weeping statues and bleeding statues, and the statues that appear to move, that these are not of God....period!

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

"if they do not worship them, then why is it i left the Catholic church?"

Uhhh, I give up.

Maybe it was because you didn't have the foggiest clue what the Church teaches in the first place?

That would be my best guess because

Catholics do NOT worship idols nor pray to statues.

To state they do is to state falsely or ignorantly...or both.

my friend.. I was reading this and u hit it right on the button... like a boxer knocking somebody out.... You did it to your self..

how did you do that you may wonder..... YOU said this......

Uhhh, I give up.

Maybe it was because you didn't have the foggiest clue what the Church teaches in the first place?

NOW TO SHOW YOU WHAT I MEAN ....... YOU SAID WHAT THE CHURCH TEACHES....... WELL, WE DO..... BUT YOU HAVE NOT THE FOGGIEST IDEA OF WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES....... AND THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD NOT DOCTRINE OF MAN....... THAT IS HOW YOU KNOCKED YOURSELF OUT

YOU admited that the church taught and not what the BIBLE taught...

i have studied the catholic church and I donot believe in the doctines of men that it teaches....

IS JESUS CHRIST YOUR SAVIOUR ? IF so when did he become your saviour... ...........

jesusislord...... richard

MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218

Mike:

All I can say is you either cannot read or simply cannot understand.

All your questions were asnwered fully in the links I provided. From the Bible. Fully and only.

But if you don't WANT to understand or believe what the scripture says from the links provided, then that is a whole 'nuther issue and not my fault, but yours.

Sorry to say, but I cannot conclude you to be an honest seeker of the Word nor Christ if you take the posture you do with the information I posted.

God Speed on your journey.

May your eyes one day be enlightened....

And for the record....I am NOT the Catholic in my marriage...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Pray for the Peace of Irsael!

I pray to G-D ~

that every Roman Catholic

be offered a Quickening

just before the Rapture!

Snow

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218

I pray that every Southern Baptist be made to know there is no Rapture just before the Second Coming! :blink:

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I pray that every Southern Baptist be made to know there is no Rapture just before the Second Coming! :blink:

I am not a southern baptist, but what makes you say that?

I have a question,

do you think the catholics will be surprised when they find out that Mary was just a woman and that she is not the Queen of heaven or some one one should pray to? too mediate before God on our behalf?

Or that she was only a virgin until the birth of Jesus and had other sons and daughters by Joseph?

Or that Peter is no more a saint than you or I?

It is time one look to the teachings in scripture and not the teachings of man.

Most catholics I know only carry there bible to church, (if that, and thats if they go to church) and never really even crack it open, depending instead on the booklets and catechisms (I was raised catholic) taught by man with minor references to the bible.

As far as the rapture goes, the catholic church teaches against it, because most wont be included. Because they believe in other avenues to heaven, aside from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now there are some that are truly born again in the catholic church, as there are some that are not, in your evangelical and protestant churches.

This is why we need to put our trust in Jesus and in Him only.

I have a whole family (Save my wife, praise God) and many friends depending on this title "catholic" or "baptist" etc., as their assurance into the kingdom, and this is really a shame.

Ask them have they been born again, they respond I have been baptised, or I made my communion or confirmation, or I am a good person.

Which by the way, most are very excellant people. Unfortunately, hell is going to be full of "good people" and heaven is going to be full of repentant sinners, such as repentant drug addicts, murders, homosexuals, adulterers, drunks, etc..

It is not what we have done, but what God has done that makes us righteous before God.

Whats this kissing the ring of the pope as if he is some god? This goes back to the old Roman emperor days of which the pope is basically a modern version of. My personal view (Not my prayer) is the popes are all going to be with satan in the lake of fire when it comes judgement day.

We need to wake up and pledge our allegence to the Christ, who is able to remove our sin and cleanse us whiter than snow.

If anyone thinks that their denominational practices, is what is going to save them. Then they certainly arent reading the same things I am reading.

Its time we get serious about God, He is definately serious about us!

God bless.

Kevin

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Jettd1313,

I think you're asking for trouble if you get into this marriage, if not, it will not go smoothly if you are serious about your faith. It would work just fine if you were lukewarm though.

My brother is in this situation. Now neither one of them goes to church anymore.

When I was a new believer, I had a Catholic woman that was crazy about me. She wanted me so bad that she was willing to go to my Baptist Church with me once.

When we got there, she saw the cross with no Jesus on it and said, "Where's Jesus?" I whispered in her ear, "Haven't you heard - He is risen!" She looked at me like I was a nut, but she still wanted me anyway. When we went back to my house, I got my Bible out. I showed her many scriptures and told her about many of the things I believed. I can't remember the things I pointed out to her, but I remember she didn't agree with me on much of anything. I asked her what her Bible said about such things, and she wasn't even sure. So I told her to bring her own Bible the next day, And I would show her that her Bible said the same things.

So she did. I read straight from her own Bible. And after I would read something, I would ask her if she believes that. After many times of her saying, "No," I said, "I'm sorry, but we are just wasting our time together, because we don't believe the same things." I told her I could never even think of marrying someone with her beliefs, but maybe we could be good friends. She was very pretty too, but Praise God I didn't fall for it! To me, if someone can read their own Bible and say they don't believe what they are reading, then they might just as well throw that Bible in the trash. This is the type of person whose religion is worthless.

This woman you are describing sounds even worse, in that she sounds so narrow minded. I would ask her, if her Catholic church is that great, then why isn't she attending it faithfully. IMHO, she needs to be either de-programmed or let go. Don't be so easily deceived by the enemy who is roaming around as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He's not a lion though, he's a deceiver. Jesus is the Lion of Judah. I pray that God will bless you in your decision friend.

No Rapture????

No Heaven if i am not good nuff????

No Hell if i am not bad nuff???

MAN!!..... what are we living for????

what are we hoping for ??????

so we have NO HOPE???? MAN! WE ARE ALL LOST.

are you saying I have to work my way to heaven???? well, I guess i am not going to make it, for there is no way..... THAT'S RIGHT, NO WAY ANY OF US CAN GET THERE ON OUR OWN WORKS, NO WAY WE CAN BUY OUR WAY THERE......

What am i going to do now? i cant buy my way in, cause i dont have nuff money...... i cant work my way in, cause i cant work 24/7 to get myself up to the standards of God....

so I guess i will just have to rely on the Perfect Plan of Salvation, that was presented to us thru the Lord Jesus Christ.....

Faith is the substance of things Hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen......

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!