Computer Problem

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I'm trying to fix my sister's computer but the system restore is not working. Every time I try to do a system restore it does not change the computer's settings back to the chosen date. The computer "seems" to be missing something when it boots up. For instance running Spybot (spyware killer) on boot up does not work.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I had this type of thing to happen one time and the computer had a virus. Had to completely redo everything!

Blessings.........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I just had a similar problem. I have XP as an operating system and you might want to try reloading the software, it will ask you if you want to install or repair, click install.

It will then give you a mesasage of "Checking for software that is installed" or something similar to that.

It will then show that you already have Windows XP on the system and will ask if you would like to reinstall or repair, click repair (not to be confused with the above repair, they are different).

It will reinstall Windows XP without losing any of your data. You must make sure you click repair and not complete install or it will reinstall from scratch and you will lose your data.

I took a chance on this and was relieved to see that it repaired my software and I did not lose anything. God bless and hope things work out for you. Computers can be a pain.

In Jesus kevin

I just had a similar problem. I have XP as an operating system and you might want to try reloading the software, it will ask you if you want to install or repair, click install.

It will then give you a mesasage of "Checking for software that is installed" or something similar to that.

It will then show that you already have Windows XP on the system and will ask if you would like to reinstall or repair, click repair (not to be confused with the above repair, they are different).

It will reinstall Windows XP without losing any of your data. You must make sure you click repair and not complete install or it will reinstall from scratch and you will lose your data.

I took a chance on this and was relieved to see that it repaired my software and I did not lose anything. God bless and hope things work out for you. Computers can be a pain.

In Jesus kevin

Thanks a lot. I haven't been able to do this yet...I have to look for the Operating System CD. Is there another way to reload the software without the CD?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27

In Jesus kevin

Thanks a lot. I haven't been able to do this yet...I have to look for the Operating System CD. Is there another way to reload the software without the CD?

I don't trust system restore of windows, since if it's because of a virus you want system restore, most virus copy themself to the backup in system restore.

I recommend backing up your important while and completely resetting pc, reinstalling windows XP .

Use a windows Xp CD or a PC manufacters sysrem Reset cd.

In Jesus kevin

I don't trust system restore of windows, since if it's because of a virus you want system restore, most virus copy themself to the backup in system restore.

I recommend backing up your important while and completely resetting pc, reinstalling windows XP .

Use a windows Xp CD or a PC manufacters sysrem Reset cd.

Thanks,

The problem is with Napster and playing the downloaded files. Part of the solution requires that the system restore works. So I'll have to try what Kevin advised.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27

Oh, then there is no trouble using system restore :24: .