• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I have several guy friends, and I extend the sort of love and loyalty to them as I do my female friends. I show concern for their well-being, I help them out with problems, and offer whatever advice I have. I make it known that I care about them and that they are really cool people. For some reason, some of them seem to be getting feelings for me. Any advice on what to do with this?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

It is only natural that people begin to love as fellowships reveal the nature of the person. You are probably the type of person easy to be with and to enjoy! Particularly if the men are looking for someone to marry it would only be the natural thing for them to like you more and more and more..........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I have several guy friends, and I extend the sort of love and loyalty to them as I do my female friends. I show concern for their well-being, I help them out with problems, and offer whatever advice I have. I make it known that I care about them and that they are really cool people. For some reason, some of them seem to be getting feelings for me. Any advice on what to do with this?

haha, aren't we two pees in a pod.... :whistling:

The same thing happens to me too, i just go on with life... Cannot do anything about them, so just go on as if them liking you is just part of who they are.

:whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/02/1953

haha, aren't we two pees in a pod.... :noidea:

The same thing happens to me too, i just go on with life... Cannot do anything about them, so just go on as if them liking you is just part of who they are.

You are who you are.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/06/1987

Well you should probably let them know that you just want to be friends and nothing more than that for now just in case they think you are leading them on which could cause problems in your friendship with them.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

I usually have to beat off droves of girls, with a swimming pool noodle. (cuz a stick could cause lasting injuries)

jus cursed i guess. sigh :thumbsup:

:P:24:

;) ... need prayer?

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

There's nothing much you can do - while your single, except to perhaps ease off and just offer to pray for them, or have someone else there when you are ministering. When people open themselves up, they are making themselves vulrunable and putting themselves in a position of weakness, its easy to fall in love with your doctor, nurse, pastor or best friends husband, at this point.

Jesus knows your heart, he sees what you do and will reward you accordingly.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013

Try being more direct & don't play games w/ their emotions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Try being more direct & don't play games w/ their emotions.

I'm all for being honest, but I don't see how having a friendship with a member of the opposite sex is playing games with their emotions.

Personally i believe that one is supposed to choose a mate from amongst your friends if at all possible. Which means if I must marry at all this millenium I need to go out and find some new friends :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1977

It's so funny that this posting came up. I have recently met a great christian guy who lives near me and we both seem to be in the same point in our lives (we have strayed in the past, but are now finding our way back to God, we are both introverted, etc, etc. The list of similarities goes on). Anyways, we both sort of felt (at least at first) that we had so much in common and just get along so well. But, we also agreed that we need to go out and make more christian friends and date, etc (we both haven't really been exposed to many other christian young adults in our lives. but are now going to go with a friend of mine to a great church nearby).

So, LadyRaven, I completely agree (and am in that situation right now). I definitely need to go out and make more christian friends (and then, down the road, not sure when, I'll probably find my future husband among those friends).

But I also know how people can take someone of the opposite sex showing kindness and compassion and then begin to fall for them. I did that for a brief moment. I think it's just sometimes natural if you are feeling alone or lonely or perhaps wanting to meet a great christian girl/guy, and then you have this wonderful friend who helps you,that you might begin to develop feelings for them. Some people mistakingly translate care and compassion by a friend into something more (romantic feelings).

I used to get guy friends who would begin to like me in "that" way. Those "crushes" usually pass.