Guest kball

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Well yes, it does accept the gift but it becomes more rewarding to "give it away" ...if you know what I mean...

Also, I suspect what Endure was probably saying was that being a Christian means we give back to God (which we should)...although I don't personally think "Church attendance" is somehow the answer.

Worship is a daily endeavor, not limited to "going to church"....although it could include church attendance.

Many godly Christians don't attend church; I sure don't assume they're failing as Christians because they don't.

Paul only encourages us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves...which can be done any number of ways...

The worse thing people can ever do is deem themselves their brother's judge.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Evangelist Dare

may i put my two cents in for whtever they are worth....this is how i feel ....you know i thin its man that is hard and not our father...we do not serve a harsh God children...and God knows what mothers have to deal with and how difficult it is for them outr in public with small children.

you see OUR FATHER KNOWS EVERYTHING....

and our father is a God of tender mercies and understands more than we ever could hope too.....

and you know what else? our Father looks at the heart and He knows who really desires to be in church and who feel they cant for these reasons or any other that would hinder there fellowship wit hhim.....

you see ive seen these leagalistic preachers stand in a pulpit and dam you to hell if your hair is short if your dress isnt long enough...and if u ever tell a lie after being saved you sure will bust hell wide open...

hypocrites they are.....how do i know?

THERE IS NOT A JUST MAN UPON EARTH THAT DOETH GOOD AND SINNETH NOT.....ECCL/7;20

THE HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGS AND DESPERATELY WICKED , WHO CAN KNOW IT? JER....

THERE IS NONE RIGHTOUES NO NOT ONE......ROM. 3/10

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

SIS GOD KNOWS YOUR HEART AN DHE KNOWS YOU DESIRE TO BE THERE AND HE KNOWS HOW DIFFICULT IT IS FOR U.....IF YOUR HEART IS AT PEACE WITH GOD THEN ALL IS WELL......GOD LETS US KNOW WHEN WE HAVENT PLEASED HIM....YES AMEN HE DOES.

1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Jo 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, [then] have we confidence toward God

AMEN....GOD BLESS YOU SIS , love an dprayers dare

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It sure is amazing that I am being attacked personally here.

Endure - Think of it this way. What can happen to you when you step on a cat's tail?

(Attempt at being humorous)

Seriously, I'm not a mother so I can't relate to that end. But I know how frustrating it is as a female to share a struggle of my heart that is affecting things like church fellowship or whatever, and have everyone questioning "the motives of my heart" and such. It's like asking for help from the police, and one of them starts telling you your rights! It hurts.

I can appreciate your desire to see brothers and sisters in right standing before the Lord, but we must remember that "mercy triumphs over judgment!" And it is "the kindness of the Lord [that] leads us to repentance," not the sledge hammer over the head.

OK? :t2:

Guest Calamity

nebula: "But I know how frustrating it is as a female to share a struggle of my heart that is affecting things like church fellowship or whatever, and have everyone questioning "the motives of my heart" and such. It's like asking for help from the police, and one of them starts telling you your rights! It hurts."

Oooooohhh - boy, do I know what you mean here. It really does hurt, and sometimes takes a long time to get over...

I react strongly to Endure because I used to be exactly like him. I was extremely rigid. I felt that everybody had to do it the way "I did it" and if you don't...you're not holy...

It hurts and is shameful to admit, but I was very legalistic and prideful. I compared myself with others....and ridiculous things, too.

I compared myself to see if they wore too much makeup, too much jewelry, bleached hair, hemline too high...didn't attent church, didn't tithe enough, watched such and such movies...said a bad word, like "damn" or anything...

I was everybody's judge and jury. God knew that I loved him deeply and was sincere in my yearning to serve him but first, he had to get that aweful judgemental attitude stripped away. It's a terrific hindrance to the work of the Holy Spirit.

Neb...I get so uptight when I perceive legalistic attitudes in others..because I once held them myself.

It only hurts those around us...by continually holding them up to "our standards" and comparing them to what we do or not do.

It's not our job to judge our brother...and when I heard Endure tell how HE served in HIS church and did it for all the right reasons, it was as if to imply that this poor woman wasn't.

I felt real pain for her....because it hurts when people who are God's representatives judge someone else and assume they're making excuses. Even if she didn't want to attend, (which she does) that's between her and God and her salvation isn't contingent on whether she does.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Adstar!

Brother it's great to see you still around!  Hope all is blessed in your life as always!

Ron

Thanks Ron you have been a great source of truth for me. Your posts have been a great blessing. I am so happy that people like you visit these boards :t2:

Hi Calamity :t2:

I was reading your reply to endure and there was something that caught my eye in your reply that i would like to comment on. Now I am not interested in taking a position on the "eternal security" issue here, that

Guest Calamity

No, no, no, no, ......... I don't think I have to be a Baptist to be a Christian..... I didn't mean for it to sound that way either..... But, for a church home, we are in a Baptist church by choice, by conviction, or whatever you want to call it. I don't want to get into the OSAS, or any other of that type discussion on this thread, or really at all. But, because it was 'Baptist', I was surprised that they were talking on the subject of losing your salvation. That's not a Baptist belief, and as far as my understanding, it's not a biblical teaching either. (Notice, I said 'my' understanding and conviction - I know everyone doesn't agree). That's one of the reason's I chose the Baptist church, because they hold to that conviction also......

Some people I know go to non-denominational churches, and that's fine. I have an aunt that is AOG, and is an ordained minister - and that's fine. I don't have a problem with what 'brand' of church anyone goes to, as long as they're saved. I don't think there is a perfect church out there anywhere, and I don't think that any preacher understands ALL of the Bible, and we don't know all there is to know - yet. So, as far as I have understanding, I desire to attend a church that holds to the same convictions in their belief as I do. Is that so hard to understand?

Hi, Adstar...I'm a Baptist...but I also share many convictions of a PCA Presbyterian, too...

I'm not a staunch Baptist...because I feel very comfortable in a great many churches, despite the variances in worship and doctrine...as long as they're not WOFF.

Guest Calamity

Adstar: "PS: Calamity I hope you have not read my post in a way that would lead you to think I'm condemning you or that I

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Calamity :il:

I desire to attend a church that holds to the same convictions in their belief as I do. Is that so hard to understand?

No I fully understand. I just took the wording of your statement to mean that you saw the Baptist church to hold the doctrines most similar to your own. When you said "closer to the bible" I thought there may have been a doctrine or two in the Baptist teachings that you where not 100% in agreement with. Can you understand how I came to this misunderstanding? Thanks for clarifying your position with the above Quote :t2: and for your understanding of the motivation behind my posts :il:

All Praise The Ancient of Days