• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

man had to go through a priest

Aren't you currently a part of a royal preisthood?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Of course we are the priesthood now........do you read or just type? sigh.

Hebrews 4

Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2 For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,

I agree Butero,

For me to go back to observing the law would be wrong. For someone else it may not be. I feel I must worship everyday!

• Group:  Junior Member

Before responding I want to say that I have really enjoyed reading the posts by Shiloh357. He provided excellent responses. As for the keeping of the 10 commandments, I believe in doing so, but my thoughts concerning the sabbath are much the same as those of wordsower. The sabbath day was given as a type and shadow of the rest we enter into when we cease from our labors (sins) when we come to Christ. I believe that is what is being taught in Hebrews. In my mindset, to keep the sabbath is to follow Jesus and to break the sabbath is to go back into sin. That may not be exactly what wordsower was saying, but his view is the closest to mine I have seen anyone post. I do not believe we must observe a particular day, and realize the Old Testament sabbath day was Saturday and not Sunday. I also know that there is no place in scripture that changes the sabbath from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week.

The truth of the Sabbath day is incidental to the argument. The real argument is who do you wish to be subbordinate to. The tradition of men or the Word of God.

What day the Sabbath is on is of little consequence as compared to obeying the Word of the Lord.

The question no one seems willing to argue honestly is how did Sunday, and where in the Bible is the degree made, that the all the Commandments except the fourth are to be observed?

I agree Butero,

For me to go back to observing the law would be wrong. For someone else it may not be. I feel I must worship everyday!

I agree with worshipping everyday too. However the commandment requires rest from labor. Do you rest from labor everyday or just one? If you rest from labor at least one day, which day?

Would Wednesday or Thursday be acceptable substitute from Sunday?

The truth of the Sabbath day is incidental to the argument. The real argument is who do you wish to be subbordinate to. The tradition of men or the Word of God.

What day the Sabbath is on is of little consequence as compared to obeying the Word of the Lord.

The question no one seems willing to argue honestly is how did Sunday, and where in the Bible is the degree made, that the all the Commandments except the fourth are to be observed?

RND,

You do not listen, you don't want to pay attention, you are so stuck on that SDA rhetoric.

WE DON"T THINK SUNDAY REPLACED THE SABBATH.

PERIOD

RND,

You do not listen, you don't want to pay attention, you are so stuck on that SDA rhetoric.

WE DON"T THINK SUNDAY REPLACED THE SABBATH.

PERIOD

Then why do you venerate Sunday? Is there something in the Bible that specifically say too or could it be something else?

I agree Butero,

I agree with worshipping everyday too. However the commandment requires rest from labor. Do you rest from labor everyday or just one? If you rest from labor at least one day, which day?

Would Wednesday or Thursday be acceptable substitute from Sunday?

You are missing the point. We are to keep the commandment concerning the sabbath day. In the Old Testament, God limited the sabbath to one day of rest, Saturday, the seventh day of the week. This was representative of a greater meaning. In the New Testament, we keep the sabbath every day by ceasing from our labors of sin, not physical work. To break the sabbath today would be to return to a lifestyle of sin. My position is that we do have to observe God's laws but the New Testament sabbath is not Saturday or Sunday. It is the rest we entered into when we got saved. Hebrews 4:1-11 speaks of the New Testament sabbath. It explains how that in the law, God required that the seventh day be observed as a day of rest, by limiting a certain day. Today, Jesus gives rest to those who come to him by faith and the "rest to the people of God" spoken of in verse 9 is not the observance of a particular day.

I'm sorry, I disagree with you. Where in the NT does it specifically say "Thou shalt not...." about the rest of the 9 items contained in the Decologue?

Then why do you venerate Sunday? Is there something in the Bible that specifically say too or could it be something else?

Who on here is venerating Sunday?

My church has services every day of the week. On Sunday we have morning and evening. Monday there is a man's prayer meeting, Tuesday woman's meeting, Wednesday kids, adults, teens, about 15 different classes going on, Thursday there is intercessory prayer meeting, Fridays are singles meetings--not the typical, these are study groups, Saturdays are either for outreach ministry or children's ministry and then we are back to the first day of the week.

We have a revival week on average one per month, we have 9 to 11 days in a row of Christmas programs.

"Today" if you will not harden your heart.

There is a lot more responsibility for the believer in the New Testament. We are to pray without ceasing, keep running the race, go and tell the gospel to every person, not sit up in the church for an hour once a week or in our tent as the Israelites were told to do on the Sabbath.

The SDA church I used to go to sits down the road from my church now. I see about 20 cars there for a couple of hours on Saturday morning and nothing until the next Saturday.

My pastor has never once said to keep Sunday holy, he says that Jesus is our Sabbath Rest and not any day of the week.

Have you considered that God does not live in time? He is a Spirit and time was created by Him.

I'm sorry, I disagree with you. Where in the NT does it specifically say "Thou shalt not...." about the rest of the 9 items contained in the Decologue?

RND,

Undeniably, God has given different laws to different people at different times. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8), but this refers to God's character and nature, not to His laws for men.

Hebrews 7:12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Are you required to be circumcised? To build an ark? To sacrifice animals?

Why then are you so insistant on requiring me to observe a day?

Col 2:16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Galatians 4:10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.