• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1. Given that the Quartet and the Palestinians SEEM to "want" a 2-state solution

:emot-highfive: Last I heard, they wanted a "Palestinian only" state solution.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What is amazing to me is the international community callling on Israel to exercise retraint with out a word to the terrorists. It is rediculous

Guest shiloh357

Put, (I think) is Egypt

Why would Egypt have nto been called Egypt? It's not like Egypt being called Egypt didn't exist back then.

Well in Hebrew, Egypt is not called Egypt, interestingly enough. In Hebrew it is caleld "Mitzraim" or, "house of Bondage."

It may have been known by more than one name. It got me too thinking today that some research into whether or not ancients had more than one name for various countries might be in order. Not sure yet, just how to go about that.

Guest shiloh357

1. Given that the Quartet and the Palestinians SEEM to "want" a 2-state solution

:24: Last I heard, they wanted a "Palestinian only" state solution.

The "quartet" is looking for two state solution. The Palestinians and Arab world are against it. You are correct. They want a "Palestine" free of Jews, period. They see all of Israel as an occupier that needs to be annhilated.

Guest shiloh357
What is amazing to me is the international community callling on Israel to exercise retraint with out a word to the terrorists. It is rediculous

It is amazing, isn't it?? I mean, the international community was silent as 1,000 rockets landed in Israel for a 10-11 month period of time, but then pretend the "violence" did not begin until Israel showed some muscle. You are right, it is ridiculous.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Persia = Iran?

Yes. That is accepted, widely known historical fact. Iranians are not even Arabs... They descended seperately to a point. They are Persians.

Magog = Russia?

I've heard GOOD arguments for this.

In fact, I once gave a non-Christian history teacher the geographic location indicated in Scripture for Magog in relation to Israel, and he, not knowing the prophecy, told me that would be Russia.

Furthermore, it seems strange that Russia's buddy-buddy relationship with Iran would develop as it has.

Then again, we don't necessarily know for sure.

Well in Hebrew, Egypt is not called Egypt, interestingly enough. In Hebrew it is caleld "Mitzraim" or, "house of Bondage."

It may have been known by more than one name. It got me too thinking today that some research into whether or not ancients had more than one name for various countries might be in order. Not sure yet, just how to go about that.

Interesting.

Actualy, I hear it was common for the Hebrew writers to change names. Ill explain more in a pM if you want to hear where I got this - I'm afraid if I post it, someone will have to respond to it, and this thread will go off on a bunny trail....

Guest shiloh357

Interesting.

Actualy, I hear it was common for the Hebrew writers to change names. Ill explain more in a pM if you want to hear where I got this - I'm afraid if I post it, someone will have to respond to it, and this thread will go off on a bunny trail....

Yeah, PM me. I would be interested.

Well, I have a couple minutes to look this up.

So, who are:

Sheba

Dedan

The merchants of Tarshish

From Wikipedia:

Sheba - Sheba (from the English transcription of the Hebrew name sh'va: שבא, also Saba, Arabic: سبأ) is a southern kingdom mentioned in the Jewish scriptures (Old Testament) and the Qur'an. The actual location of the historical kingdom is disputed between Ethiopia and Yemen.

Dedan - The word Dedan means "low ground".

In the Bible, it can refer to either:

A son of Raamah (Genesis 10:7). His descendants are mentioned in Isaiah 21:13 and Ezekiel 27:15. They probably settled among the sons of Cush, on the north-west coast of the Persian Gulf.

A son of Jokshan, Abraham's son by Keturah (1 Chronicles 1:32). His descendants settled on the Syrian borders about the territory of Edom. They probably led a pastoral life.

So, what does that mean? :emot-pray:

Persia (vs 5) - Iran?

Cush(vs 5) - Ethiopia?

Put (vs 5) - don't recall

Gomer (vs 6) - don't recall

Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops--the many nations with you (vs 6) - don't recall

Persia (vs 5) - Iran

Cush(vs 5) - Kush or Cush was a civilization centered in the North African region of Nubia, located in what is today northern Sudan. (Sudan makes more sense than Ethiopia, doesn't it?)

Put (vs 5) - seems to be Lybia

Gomer (vs 6) - This is confusing - read here Seems to be Turkey?

Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops--the many nations with you (vs 6) -

In the Book of Ezekiel (27:14, 38:6), the descendants of Togarmah are described as trading horses and mules in Tyre and elsewhere in the Levant. Here Togarmah may refer to Armenians or Cimmerians.