• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, since the other thread go hijacked . . . :blink:

Let's start over again, shall we? :noidea:

This time, can we please keep it on the fighting going on in the Mid-East right now?

Thank-you!

:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

I agree with Yod that this is may very well be leading up to a fulfillment of Bible prophecy. We are going to see reports of civilian casualties ascribed to Israel without mentioning the fact that they were being used as human shields by Hezbollah. We will are going to hear the same cat calls by the international community condemning Israel as they always have. Of course, they were wholly silent as 1,000 rockets rained down in Israel for over 11 montsh.

I have a feeling that for the first time in a LOOOOONG time, Israel finally decided to not care anymore. I have to admit, this is the first time I actually have postive feelings for Olmert. He is actually doing something right for a change. I guess there's hope for everyone.

I think it is amazing that it took 11 months and 1,000 rockets for Israel to finally put up a decent fight.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

i have been following alot of israel's desicions ever since the left gaza since zep 2:4

i have to say it's amazing watching this stuff all come together to fullfill god's will

right now my main focus is concentrating and learning about what weapon's Hezbollah

has and learn if it could hit ashkelon ive read this so far

"The rocket is usually one of two models, the Qassam 1 with a maximum range of 3km (1.8 miles) and the Qassam 2 with a range of up to 9km. A third model, the Qassam 3, is believed to have a range of 10km.

The newer Qassams could technically thus reach the large Israeli industrial city of Ashkelon. "

my only problem is in zep 2:4

"For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up"

will they happen in that order? if any1 could explain if it will or wont plz do

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

i have been following alot of israel's desicions ever since the left gaza since zep 2:4

i have to say it's amazing watching this stuff all come together to fullfill god's will

right now my main focus is concentrating and learning about what weapon's Hezbollah

has and learn if it could hit ashkelon ive read this so far

"The rocket is usually one of two models, the Qassam 1 with a maximum range of 3km (1.8 miles) and the Qassam 2 with a range of up to 9km. A third model, the Qassam 3, is believed to have a range of 10km.

The newer Qassams could technically thus reach the large Israeli industrial city of Ashkelon. "

my only problem is in zep 2:4

"For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up"

will they happen in that order? if any1 could explain if it will or wont plz do

I don't think the order is as significant as their occuring. I am still wondering who Ashdod and Ekron are in modern times. Somewhere there is also mention of Damasscus being desolate or a ruins right?

• Followers:  10

This might be a good time to re-analyze Ezek. 38.

I would like to start with the nations involved and their modern counterparts.

I'm just grabbing this from memory, and it is rusty.

Anyone with better ideas, please post.

Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal (vs 2) - most place this in what is now Russia, but I have heard this contested.

Persia (vs 5) - Iran?

Cush(vs 5) - Ethiopia?

Put (vs 5) - don't recall

Gomer (vs 6) - don't recall

Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops--the many nations with you (vs 6) - don't recall

Told you my memory was rusty!

Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, "Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?'" (vs 13) - It will be interesting to hear other thoughts, but I heard one theologian describing how the "merchants of Tarshish" were known to have travelled to the far west in their merchandizing. Somehow, he linked "the merchants of Tarshish" to the USA.

So, who are:

Sheba

Dedan

The merchants of Tarshish

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Gomer (vs 6) - don't recall

Shazam! I'm surprised at you not knowing that-Gomer was a Pyle!!!! ;) (back to topic)

Guest shiloh357

Yes Nebula, there are many prophecy teachers who are now saying that the war of Gog and Magog is going to be a Muslim war against Israel.

Put, (I think) is Egypt

I have heard some try to say Gomer was Germany, but that does not really make sense. The latest is that Gomer is Turkey, the former leader of the Muslim Ottoman Empire.

The interesting thing is that God says that He is going to lead them to Israel. When one reads about this war, it is interesting how that the Lord makes it clear that when they come thinking that they are going to smash Israel, they are really walking into a trap.

Note what the Lord says:

And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armor, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

(Ezekiel 38:3-4)

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

(Ezekiel 38:8-9)

And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

(Ezekiel 38:16-19)

(Please note that in verse 16 God stills calls national Israel, "His People." I love it!!)

Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel: And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand. Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

(Ezekiel 39:1-4)

God is going to supernaturally defend Israel when the Arab/Muslim world comes against them. God is going to sanctify His Name before the whole world, and especially the nation of Israel:

So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

(Ezekiel 39:7)

And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them. So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

(Ezekiel 39:21-22)

God has restored Israel, and He will also defend Israel, and in doing so, He will be glorifed among the Heathens and in Israel. I have a feeling from these passages, that the Muslim world is going to be extremely humbled and that it will cause many to lose faith in Islam. I say that because Ezekiel says that the heathens (especially those that attack Israel) will finally know that YHVH is God.

Also the last remaining verses of chapter 39, the world will finally acknowledge that Israel's existence is the Lord's doing:

After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid. When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezekiel 39:26-29)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

what are your thoughts on Isaiah 51:21-23.It looks like most government do not want Israel to defend herself.when I read read Isaiah the last chapter keeps coming back to me every time I read the news.I am sorry I cannot type the verses out as my BIBLE IS IN AFRIKAANS.

kind REGARDS,Trudie

• Followers:  10

Put, (I think) is Egypt

Why would Egypt have nto been called Egypt? It's not like Egypt being called Egypt didn't exist back then.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

It seems to me that one view of what is going on in Israel that is reasonable is this:

1. Given that the Quartet and the Palestinians SEEM to "want" a 2-state solution with East Jerusalem part of the Palestinian state, that <Zechariah 14> with <Revelation 11> support the division of Jerusalem.

2. IF <Daniel 9:27> is really indicating a future Peace Treaty that restarts God's timeclock for the last of the 70 weeks {=7 years=Great Tribulation} THEN <Zechariah 12-14:2> and THEN The Second Coming. Jerusalem and Israel:"...I will gather all nations against Jerusalem...". The current "Israel out of control/bombing Lebanon/ Gaza/.../no regard for civilians..." view of some MIGHT "force" the world including the USA to intervene against Israel to prevent world-wide nuclear war. The way Sharon and now Olmert are going makes me think somewhat of <Zechariah 12:6-8>. Also <Joel 3:1-2>.