arunangelo

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

Should not we be faithful in our marriage, even if our spouse is not?

God always stays faithful to His covenant with us. When we were unfaithful to Him, He brought us healing by sacrificing His own life. The Lord told Hosea (Hosea 3:1), to return to his wife although she was an adulteress. God further told him to love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they were unfaithful to Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

yes we should always be faithful no matter what our spouse does. however, jesus said to the pharisees anyone who divorces his wife, except for infidelity, causes them both to sin(correct me if i'm misquoting) this seems to indicate that if a spouse is unfaithful, divorce might be the only recourse for the faithful spouse other than staying and being cheated on. God can change anyone's heart but only if they are willing.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

yes we should always be faithful no matter what our spouse does. however, jesus said to the pharisees anyone who divorces his wife, except for infidelity, causes them both to sin(correct me if i'm misquoting) this seems to indicate that if a spouse is unfaithful, divorce might be the only recourse for the faithful spouse other than staying and being cheated on. God can change anyone's heart but only if they are willing.

Yes, the way I read scripture, divorce is available to those who have been cheated on, the marriage covenant has been violated. However, until that divorce is granted, the injured party still needs to remain faithful. You do not repay evil with evil, scripture says.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

right on the money raven

Guest SheepDog
Yes, the way I read scripture, divorce is available to those who have been cheated on,

the marriage covenant has been violated.

However, until that divorce is granted, the injured party still needs to remain faithful.

You do not repay evil with evil, scripture says.

:whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

So, can you forgive infidelity of your second half and continue your marriage, accepting the disgusting cheatery, sharing your bed and your private life?Does it make any sense?I think it is better to forgive and to let the betrayer go...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

Forgiveness is a MUST!!!

When we sin, we seek God for forgiveness and what does He do??? He wipes our slate clean. So if we are to be more like Jesus, we are to do exactly the same. Plain and simple Forgive as Jesus forgives us.

If a spouse is unfaithful, and they are truly sorry for what they have done, then forgiveness is a certainty and God will bless without measure. God CAN and WILL rebuild marriages that have experienced infidelity.

I really love this scripture: 1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Seek God first before ending a marriage, He has a great plan for each and every union He has joined.

In Christs Love,

Shazza :)

Should not we be faithful in our marriage, even if our spouse is not?

God always stays faithful to His covenant with us. When we were unfaithful to Him, He brought us healing by sacrificing His own life. The Lord told Hosea (Hosea 3:1), to return to his wife although she was an adulteress. God further told him to love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they were unfaithful to Him.

Hosea and Gomer

I tend to agree with Alien, Its what the word of God says, Let no man put asunder for what i a have put together. And its only the harden hearts that the Lord has said then fine get divorce if your partner has committed adultry. On the other hand, if you take the spouse back and they do it again, i think it would be better to let them go. You cannot alow them to abuse you either. But here is an awesome story about God's Love, its absolutely phenominal!

I know a caucasion woman who slept with a black man , they were staying in Botswana where Aids is extremely rife. God told the Husband, and told him to sleep with his wife. Not knowing if she had aids, GOSH now this would be difficult. He did, he forgave her, because he knows God is greater and has a greater plan than just them. they are an awesome Ministry on its own. they are incredible for God and He works in them miracoulously very day.

So what does God say. Because he knows better! and all things

By the way she didn't get aids.

Tams

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't believe in future with a man who has been with other woman. And I don't think anyone should save his marriage, unless God intended that.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Perhaps one of the reasons (besides vow breaking) that God allows for the divorce from a cheating spouse is health.

I know that if my husband ever cheated, I could forgive him, but I would never let him touch me again because there is no telling what type of diseases he might have caught. If a woman thinks so little of herself that she would be with a married man, then how many other men may she have been with?

Good point.

You also bring up another thorny issue. What do you do if you marriage partner tells you they are no longer interested in having sex with you again? As a Christian we are called to lifelong fidelity, so what we are talking about in this case would be in affect a vow of lifetime celibacy, or close to it.

I have spoken to two such friends in the past year that are in this situation. It is hard because as Protestants we really don't have supportive institutions to help people live lives of healthy chastity and celibacy. I pointed them to the basic biblical versus on the topic, but also cautioned them that it is doubtful that their wives would change their minds, sexual attraction is very hard to control or to change. It is possible the Holy Spirit could change the situation, it is also possible the answer will be no.

One of them did speak to a Catholic Monk and it helped him greatly to speak to another male who was leading a life of celibacy and it encouraged him that he could complete the journey.