• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1968

It's a tough question. I know I have heard quite a few testimonies of similar situations when people have seen either of the two destinations. Sometimes it scares them to faith. Sometimes it reaffirms faith. Sometimes they just blow it off. But the fact that the Lord sends them back sometimes indicates that perhaps life support isn't such a bad thing, depending on the circumstances. Personally I don't want to be on extended life support, and then return as a vegetable. How can I serve the Lord in that state?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Good post.

Thanks. :)

Unless it was sarcasm. :whistling:

In which case, thanks anyway. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

Good post.

Thanks. :)

Unless it was sarcasm. :whistling:

In which case, thanks anyway. :)

It was not sarcasim. Sorry, you felt it might be. It was sincere.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As someone who has worked in the medical field for years I consider brain dead death. I have seen this many times in the hospital I worked in. The brain or brain stem is what keeps everything going,breathing, heart any kind of responses. When the brain waves cease I believe life ceases. There are hospitals who have what they call donor units. They keep people breathing, blood circulating until an organ is needed. If theyare match that person is used. Of course this is with the consent of the family. I don't know how many places there are like this but as I say, when brain waves cease so does life. We only keep them going through a ventilator. It is not something I would want. I have signed a living will stating that if anything happens to me and there is no possible hope of any recovery they are to just let me go. My husband has the same wishes. I take care of a man whos wife was very ill and not expcted to live. Mary had always said she WANTED to be on life support. She is blind, unable to walk and speaks very little. She is a very britle diabetic her kidneys were failing. When she was in the hospital last year she was not expectd to live. Roy was torn about what to do. I sat him down and explained to him that if Mary stopped breathing and they were to bring her back she could be even worse then she was now, and in the end it could cost him everything to care for her. There would be a time when Medical would cut him off and he would be responsible. He could have lost him home, all the money he had worked all his life for, everything. This may sound cold but I have seen doctors who are just there to encourage the family to do everything for a family menber in this condition. I can almost see the doctor mentally counting the money he will be making. Giving no thought to what it will cost the family. He opted not to do CPR if that is what it came to. Mary did survive but she is basically a shell. I think is so sad and a very hard decision for any family.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Has there ever been anyone whose brain waves came back after they'd stopped?

I signed a living will, too. My husband saya he'll do everything to stop it from being carried out, though. He believes if God wants me, He'll take me. Can he stop my Living Will from being carried out? Should I give it to my doctor? :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Has there ever been anyone whose brain waves came back after they'd stopped?

I signed a living will, too. My husband saya he'll do everything to stop it from being carried out, though. He believes if God wants me, He'll take me. Can he stop my Living Will from being carried out? Should I give it to my doctor? :thumbsup:

No once the brain waves are gone, there gone. Your brain cannot repair itself. That's why each cell in your brain has it's own blood suppy. Because when you loose a cell it's gone forever. Your doctor may want a copy of the living will but you should give a copy to each one of your chileren and of course one to your husband and his to you. Anyone who may make that touch decision to keep you off life support. Remember once they place you on life support is it almost impossible to get you off. You need to talk to your kids if there old enough. Make all your requests known before hand. You can get a copy of a living will at an office supply store. You no longer need a lawyer like you use to.