Arjuous

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

What are dinosaurs and when did they exist?

What, if anything, do dinosaurs have to do with Christianity?

Christians assert that the earth is approximately 6000 years old.

Some do.

Um, it's a Christian claim

I don't agree. There is no Christian claim, except that of believers who testify of what Christ has done for them.

I'm asking you to tell me how dinosaurs could exist billions of years ago when the earth is only a couple thousand years old.

They couldn't.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I actually believe dinosaurs and man coexisted. I was pointing out that if God can create a man with age, He can create anything with age.

First of all, dinosaurs did not live at any time close to man. Never. It never happened. DINOSAURS DID NOT LIVE WITH MAN.

phew, got that out of the way.

Secondly, your argument has some validity, but not much. Yes, it is POSSIBLE that God could, but why? To trick us? The bible doesn't mention the flourishing of species billions of years ago on the earth at all? It merely supposes it never happened, and that Man is the only biological species that has or will ever rule the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Arjuous, what makes you think humans and dinosaurs never coexisted? I have a resource for you:pathlights.com. In Texas, scientists found the fossil of a human footprint inside a dinosaur's footprint. They were dated back to the same time. You'll never hear this kind of thing on the news, though. It blows too many narrow minds who believe everything their second grade teacher told them. :emot-handshake:

• Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I actually believe dinosaurs and man coexisted. I was pointing out that if God can create a man with age, He can create anything with age.

First of all, dinosaurs did not live at any time close to man. Never. It never happened. DINOSAURS DID NOT LIVE WITH MAN.

Agreed. But what does this prove? Does anyone really care?

Arjuous, what makes you think humans and dinosaurs never coexisted? I have a resource for you:pathlights.com. In Texas, scientists found the fossil of a human footprint inside a dinosaur's footprint. They were dated back to the same time. You'll never hear this kind of thing on the news, though. It blows too many narrow minds who believe everything their second grade teacher told them. :P

Those are dinosaur healprints, not human footprints. Homosapiens did not exist with dinosaurs.

"Agreed. But what does this prove? Does anyone really care?"

You should care. It proves that things existed on this earth before man. The bible infers a date of the earth that is IMPOSSIBLE.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Ahh, lemme guess the next part:

"Therefore, the Bible is false and Christianity is a lie".

Right? :P

Darn it. We've wasted thousands of years of belief and service to God when all we really had to do was ask Arjuous about the truth.

t.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Arjuous,

Dinosaurs existed between two great extinctions - the End-Permian 220 million years ago, and the Cretaceous-Tertiary, 65 million years ago. Homo-sapiens have lived on earth for well under a million years, therefore the two did not co-exist.

Billielovesdarrin is refering to the so-called "Paluxy Tracks" (at the Paluxy river bed in Texas) - which were a hoax. No human tracks have ever been found next to dinosaur tracks, or anywhere near them.

Cheers,

Nik

No, I'm talking about the Glen Rose Tracks. Not to be argumentative, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but there will always be people who claim these prints to be hoaxes. :thumbsup: I've never heard of the Paluxy tracks. I'm going to Google them. :P

Arjuous,

Dinosaurs existed between two great extinctions - the End-Permian 220 million years ago, and the Cretaceous-Tertiary, 65 million years ago. Homo-sapiens have lived on earth for well under a million years, therefore the two did not co-exist.

Billielovesdarrin is refering to the so-called "Paluxy Tracks" (at the Paluxy river bed in Texas) - which were a hoax. No human tracks have ever been found next to dinosaur tracks, or anywhere near them.

Cheers,

Nik

Thanks, that's exactly what I was talking about. The name "paluxy tracks" escaped me, thanks for the reminder.

And ted, you didn't really say anything, just that you think I'm wrong. You also coupled that by inferring I'm pious, nice touch. Yes, I believe that people are not correct in thinking that Christianity is the truth, I don't deny it. But your insult doesn't do much, you're just dismissing me without addressing the point.

I just did some Googling. I found out that both the Glen Rose tracks and the Paluxy trcks are in the same area. Now when I Google Paluxy tracks, I get stuff that mostly says it's a scam. When I Google Glen Rose, the opinions are more evenly distributed. :P What does this mean?