• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Ahh, Nik to the rescue:

1. The Paluxy Tracks are in Glen Rose, Texas - on the Paluxy river bed (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy.html)

2. Now even most creationists admit they're a hoax - however, since there has never been an actual paper released on them in any peer review journal, I don't think there's ever been an official retraction

3. I do not know of a single dinosaur bone that has been carbon dated, secondeve. Dinosaurs lived from 220 to 60 million years ago, carbon dating can only date up to 50,000 years. What you mean is the more general term "radiometric dating". Please be accurate and use this in future.

4. I have read various articles on different "gap" theories, but none of them seem to fit with or explain the available evidence. However, they're at least an acknowledgement that something is horribly wrong with traditional "creationist" approaches to geology.

5. I would encourage Arjuous to look deeper into the Christian message, and the various accounts of the gospel of Jesus Christ, before giving up on Christianity. In his life was seen the true nature of God and of God's love, as he brought hope and healing to the sick, befriended the victims of injustice, challenged selfishness and greed, and promised forgiveness and a new start to those who had lost their way. Do you wish to be more like him, to live a life more like his, to be more Christ-like?

By Christ's dying and being raised to life again at Easter, God judges and condemns all that disfigures the face of the world and declares that suffering and death do not have the last word, as human beings are restored to a loving and peaceful relationship with God and with each other, a reconciliation fully accomplished at Christ's promised and awaited return. Do you wish to obtain this reconcilliation and relationship - do you want to come closer to Christ?

It would seem a shame to judge Christ, and throw his message away, just because of the rather silly pseudo-scientific beliefs of a few of his transatlantic followers...

6. Mrcorey should visit a Natural History Museum. I was in the one in New York on saturday, between West 77th and West 81st street on the park. Visiting the lobby will do.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Personally, I think dinosaurs & fossils & the whole nine yards, is all man made up fables. There were no such things as giant lizards roaming the earth. How rediculas is that.

Be Blessed

in Him;

-c-

You have GOT to be joking.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Arjuous,

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that he's joking. The bible belt has the internet, just no books or museums.

N

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I haven't read through the entire thread but I wanted to comment on this quote:

First of all, dinosaurs did not live at any time close to man. Never. It never happened. DINOSAURS DID NOT LIVE WITH MAN.

Obviously you or I didn't live with the dinosaurs. Yet you are certain that no man lived with the dinosaurs. How can you be so certain? Do you have FAITH that because scientists have said so that it must be true? If you were not there, then the only way you can be certain is because you are putting faith in a person's ideas. What is so different about that than someone who is putting faith in the ideas of a biblical author?

Also, there is a verse in the bible that says something to the effect of "a day in the Lord is like unto a thousand years". Who is to say the bible gave a seven day creation account, that could actually mean many many years in Godly time? What always strikes me about the seven day theory is that the telltale signs of what makes a day- sun and moon- etc. weren't even created on the first day, so how would one even know what a day was without them.

I would think the most intelligent view would be to put yourself in the "can't be certain either way" category. There are certainly a lot of scientific "truths" that are at some time or another completely turned upside down.

And, just in case you're ready to throw me into the category of "just another Christain nutcase", let me assure you that if I were to posit a guess, I'd come closer to the view of people not living with the dinosaurs. I'd also direct you to a book called "Ishmael" that gives quite a different view of the creation account, one with which I think you could relate. And though not exactly dinosaurs, I'd suggest you taking a vacation to the Mammoth site in South Dakota, where they are daily digging out the remains of several hundred mammoths and other creatures. Interestingly enough, all of the mammoths there have been determined to be male which speaks volumes, imo. Also, just last week, I had the pleasure of being in the La Brea tar pits in Los Angeles. I believe you'd find this place of interest as well.

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Arjuous,

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that he's joking. The bible belt has the internet, just no books or museums.

N

Ahhhh, thats just wrong honey, and you know it, but since you aren't coming to see me "as you promised"........you wouldn't know that! :)

:wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Arjuous,

N

I'm not joking and I'm not from the Bible Belt.

-c-

Silentprayer!

Gimme a break! I visited a whole 17 states of the union on my roadtrip, in just under 24 days! I had my work cut out dood! I went through:

Illinois

Missoura

Oklahoma

Kansas

Texas

Louisiana

Alabama

Mississippa

Georgia

South Carolina

North Carolina

Virginia

West Virginia

Maryland

Delaware

New Jersey

New York

Really enjoyed myself though, maybe next roadtrip! :thumbsup:

I think spiritually you are from the bible belt. I think America should be split up. THey should take the West Coast and the East Coast down to Florida and join it up with Canada to form one big continuous Canadian land mass. Then they should take the rest in the middle, and call it "Jesusland". That way everyone is happy.

deist,

And, just in case you're ready to throw me into the category of "just another Christain nutcase", let me assure you that if I were to posit a guess, I'd come closer to the view of people not living with the dinosaurs.

Don't worry, you're not a nutcase, you're just deeply ignorant about science, like most of the people on this board, and in this world. Everyone is ignorant of course, of most things there are to know - what seperates us is that some people are ignorant willfully, and the rest are ignorant but wanting to learn. There are posts on this board that explain how radiometric dating works, and how we know things really are very old, including dinosaur fossils.

Noone expects you to believe because scientists say so - but rather by examining the evidence and making up your own mind. It will be interesting to see whether or not you are willing to open-mindedly examine this evidence, this decision will seperate you into one camp of ignorance or the other.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Nik, you missed a camp.

I'm the President of Camp Too Stupid To Learn.

:thumbsup:

t.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Silentprayer!

Gimme a break! I visited a whole 17 states of the union on my roadtrip, in just under 24 days! I had my work cut out dood! I went through:

Illinois

Missoura

Oklahoma

Kansas

Texas

Louisiana

Alabama

Mississippa

Georgia

South Carolina

North Carolina

Virginia

West Virginia

Maryland

Delaware

New Jersey

New York

Really enjoyed myself though, maybe next roadtrip! :)

I think spiritually you are from the bible belt. I think America should be split up. THey should take the West Coast and the East Coast down to Florida and join it up with Canada to form one big continuous Canadian land mass. Then they should take the rest in the middle, and call it "Jesusland". That way everyone is happy.

Everyone may be happy except us Canadians! :thumbsup: