• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I found a lot of good information on this website, listed below. There are also some good videos on the GOOGLE VIDEOS section, by a Christian and scientist by the name of KENT HOVIND. If you do a search of his name on the video page you will find them. I think he puts the arguments across very clearly and cleverly

http://www.endtimes.freehomepage.com/

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Stephen, have you checked out Kent Hovind closely?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Stephen, have you checked out Kent Hovind closely?

No.

Why? I just watched a couple of his videos the other week, and I found them very interesting in countering some of the claims of evolutionists. What is the problem that you see with him?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Anthropology is a field of science, but when it comes to dinosaurs and humans coexisting, the evidence is tossed aside. There are many cave drawings of dinosaurs. As well, there certainly are many legends of thunderbirds, dragons, sea monsters etc. Scribes have been writing about these creatures for a long time, not just in the Bible, but since it doesn't fit with 'evolution' these creatures are all tossed out.

And yes, ancient man did 'make up' fictitious creatures as well, like the spyhnx, but the creatures that were made up, were combinations of creatures already known, like a lion and a human.

All "evidence" which shows that man and dinosaurs co-existed hinges on a few examples of dino and human footprints side by side, all of which are widely decried as hoaxes. Neither science nor anthropology has ever found a human skeleton which dates to the age of dinosaur bones, nor have human remains - either physical or of their tools - been found in the same rock strata as that of dinosaurs.

When you talk about the creatures of myth and moster meaning dinosaurs, you're forgetting the other traits humans have in making up such creatures: take normal animals and make them bigger, or give them special powers. Thunderbirds and rocs are essentially giant eagles; the phoenix is has magical properties in its tears, feathers and rebirth from ashes. Asian dragons don't look like dinosaurs; they have no wings - if anything, they look more like big snakes. Sea monsters do, in a manner of speaking, exist: imagine a giant squid (these do exist) turning into the kraken, or a blue/sperm whale turning into a leviathon. Think how big these creatures would have been compared to ancient boats! Greek historians wrote about unicorns; in the original description, they sounded much more like rhinos - and, funnily enough, the writer was in Africa. People used to sell narwhal horns as unicorn horns - they look mystical, but are actually the overgrown horns of the male of the species. The sphinx, like the manticore, cockatrice, harpy, hydra, eirynes, centaur, satyr, faun, pixie and angel is a clear creation: human features on an animal body, or different animal parts all mixed together to form a new creature.

As for cave paintings, there were a large number of huge mammals and other creatures around at the same time as the early cavemen; check out mammoths, sabre-tooth tigers and the like, and see if they wouldn't look like mythic beasts to your average stone-age grunt.

Most likely, I feel, people before our own time would have dug up dinosaur skeletones and bones. To what other creature than a giant or a dragon would such bones have belonged, in their eyes? The dinosaurs don't have to have been alive for their remains to spark human imagination. There is far too much evidence to the contrary for any other theory to make sense.

Edited by secondeve

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

dude. it takes millions of years to make fossils.

No, it doesn't, permineralisation can happen much quicker than that.

Dinosaurs did exist, as did microscopic creatures that dinosaurs evolved from over the course of MILLIONS of years. Of course the Earth is older that 6,000 years. It's over 2 billion!

It's 4.5 billion, give or take a few hundred million.

There are many cave drawings of dinosaurs. As well, there certainly are many legends of thunderbirds, dragons, sea monsters etc.

There are many legends even in the modern day - look at the Loch Ness Monster. My mum lives near the shores of Loch Ness, lovely place. But there aint no monster in there - like dragons, and thunderbirds and sea monsters - it's a myth.

All "evidence" which shows that man and dinosaurs co-existed hinges on a few examples of dino and human footprints side by side, all of which are widely decried as hoaxes.

They were hoaxes, of that there is no doubt. Even most creationists now accept this.

Neither science nor anthropology has ever found a human skeleton which dates to the age of dinosaur bones, nor have human remains - either physical or of their tools - been found in the same rock strata as that of dinosaurs.

More damningly my dear boy, almost no modern creatures are found with dinosaurs. I mean, there are millions of modern animal species, but we only know of a couple that are found at any time outside of the modern - far less in the cretacious or back to the end-permian.

It's not even like we've found one close by. The oldest remains of humans are a few hundred thousand years old. The newest dinosaur remains are 64 million years old. That's not a small discrepancy. It's about 20000% off.

But hey, the scandal of the evangelical mind is that there is no evangelical mind - in my experience there is no ammount of evidence or reason that will reach our lost brothers and sisters, before they make the decision to be found.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement eveyone! Over in Fellowship Hall, we've been discussing the extinction of the dinosaurs at length and after careful examination of the evidence, and much heated debate we've come to the only logical conclusion there is...KEILAN'S STINKY FEET KILLED THEM ALL! :emot-questioned::noidea::):whistling::24:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

:noidea::) ssshhhh billie :whistling::24:

it's sad........but true :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Announcement eveyone! Over in Fellowship Hall, we've been discussing the extinction of the dinosaurs at length and after careful examination of the evidence, and much heated debate we've come to the only logical conclusion there is...KEILAN'S STINKY FEET KILLED THEM ALL! :emot-questioned::noidea::):whistling::24:

BILLIE!!! How could you... well I believe you are right... this is... dangerous.... I'm scared.... :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Announcement eveyone! Over in Fellowship Hall, we've been discussing the extinction of the dinosaurs at length and after careful examination of the evidence, and much heated debate we've come to the only logical conclusion there is...KEILAN'S STINKY FEET KILLED THEM ALL! :whistling::taped::24::24::24:

BILLIE!!! How could you... well I believe you are right... this is... dangerous.... I'm scared.... :24:

The trouble you cause, eh?!!

And in Apologetics, too! :taped: For shame! :whistling: