• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I don’t find any scriptural support showing that Jesus Christ will rule from a physical temple in the physical city of Jerusalem with a reinstated Mosaic system; with a reinstated Levitical priesthood; and a reinstituted animal sacrificial system.

So God spends 8 chapters -- Ezekiel 40-48 detailing every aspect of a Temple and a future City -- and this isn't enough evidence for you?

Some people avoid those 8 difficult chapters of the Bible when they can't seem to fit it into their theology -- so they spiritualize it. But if God goes into such detail as the size of the Temple -- detailing every aspect of the temple then it only makes sense this is a LITERAL TEMPLE that is to come!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steward

There's always a picture of what's on earth -- as what is in heaven. If you believe a New Jerusalem is coming -- then it makes sense that a Jerusalem is here on earth. :)

• Steward

And herein lies the study leader’s dilemma - if he insists that Ezekiel chapters 40-48 are to be taken literally and they do in fact describe a temple yet in the future located in the literal city of Jerusalem, then he must explain the purpose for the bloody animal sacrifices found in those same chapters. And he must do this in a way that does not debase the once-for-all-time sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. There cannot be two ways to salvation just as there cannot be two kingdoms. Our God is not the author of confusion.

I answered this question. But I'll redo the answer. :)

There's a thread somewhere on the boards about the Mystery of Beit HaMikdash which I wrote concerning the Ezekiel Temple. But the quick gist of the sacrifices is this -- it's not a sacrifice of atonement but rather a sacrifice looking back to what Jesus did 2000 years ago. Just as the sacrifices that were a foreshadow of the atonement on the Cross -- these sacrifices are a memorial of what Jesus did 2000 years ago. The key word in the study is the word ALTAR used in Ezekiel is ARI-EL -- Lion of God!

Ezekiel 43:15-16 So the altar shall be four cubits; and from the altar and upward shall be four horns. And the altar shall be twelve cubits long, twelve broad, square in the four squares thereof.

It's not looking towards the Lamb of God any longer, but rather the LION OF GOD!

Another thing you have to remember the Ezekiel Temple is under a different set of instructions -- it's not the TORAH as we know it, but rather a new TORAH.

Ezekiel 43:12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

Let's be sure to stay on topic though,

God bless,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Horizon, I've never heard it put that way. Hmmm.....Somthing to think about. :)

I've heard it before.

It's a controversial position.

It has been argued in the Doctrinal Questions, Prophecy, and Escatology forums before, for instance.

Guest shiloh357

There's always a picture of what's on earth -- as what is in heaven. If you believe a New Jerusalem is coming -- then it makes sense that a Jerusalem is here on earth. :)

Ezekiel 40 clearly states that this was told to Ezekiel while they were in captivity, so it follows that the temple was to be rebuilt when they returned from their captivity...which they did,

Ezekiel 40

1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the LORD was upon me, and brought me thither.

2 In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me upon a very high mountain, by which was as the frame of a city on the south.

3 And he brought me thither, and, behold, there was a man, whose appearance was like the appearance of brass, with a line of flax in his hand, and a measuring reed; and he stood in the gate.

4 And the man said unto me, Son of man, behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears, and set thine heart upon all that I shall shew thee; for to the intent that I might shew them unto thee art thou brought hither: declare all that thou seest to the house of Israel.

Here is the problem KatyAnn. You are not taking the entire nine chapters into consideration. It has been pointed out that the priests who are descended from Zadok will minister there. The Zadokite line did not operate in the Temple that followed the exile from Babylon. The Hasmoneons under Judah Maccabee took over the priesthood. They were not Levites. The Saduccees of the NT were not of the Levitical line. Many of them were aristocrats, and Roman appointed political puppets.

Secondly in the Temple of Ezekiel, the Ark of the Covenant does not exist; and insted the throne of the Messiah sits in its place. This is not so in either Zerubbabel's Temple or Herod's Temple.

Thirdly, there is no veil in Ezekiel's Temple

Fourthly there is no menorah, no table of shewbread no altar of insence in Ezekiel's Temple.

The dimensions of Ezekiels Temple are bigger than the dimensions of Temple following the exile. It is large than Zerubbabel's Temple, and larger than the entire Temple complex that Herod built in the 1st century.

Not only is the Temple different, but it is accompanied by a description of the tribal allotments which are different than what existed before, and there were NO tribal allotments connected to the rebuilding Zerubbabel's Temple or Herod's Temple complex.

I realize that you are desperately trying to connect everything that happened to Israel with Babylon, but you are failing to take into consideration EVERYTHING that God says. The Temple in Ezekiel has never been built but will be built when the Messiah returns and sets up His earthly reign upon earth from the city of Jerusalem.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The dimensions of Ezekiels Temple are bigger than the dimensions of Temple following the exile. It is large than Zerubbabel's Temple, and larger than the entire Temple complex that Herod built in the 1st century.

I heard it was actually larger than the entire city of Jerusalem!

Guest shiloh357

I heard it was actually larger than the entire city of Jerusalem!

I have not heard that. Very interesting. There is going to be a massive earthquake that will split the Mt of Olives and change the topography of the area. That may have something to do with it. According to Ezekiel there is an allotment of Land between the portions alloted to Judah and Benjamin and it is in this allotment that the Temple will sit.

• Steward

Bro, the dimensions at minimal is 8 1/4 square miles! This is what Matthew Henry says about the Temple dimensions.

The lands here allotted to the sanctuary were 25,000 reeds (so our translation makes it, though some make them only cubits ) in length, and 10,000 in breadth-about eighty miles one way and thirty miles another way (say some); twenty-five miles one way and ten miles the other way, so others.

Matthew Henry Complete Commentary -- Ezekiel 45

The size is enormous and can't be built YET, but remember that Jesus is returning to the Mount of Olives -- splitting it and changing the entire geography of the entire world!

Remember this is the TEMPLE, the entire world will be worshipping the King of Kings for 1000 years! It's going to be HUGE!

God bless,

George

Guest shiloh357
Bro, the dimensions at minimal is 8 1/4 square miles! This is what Matthew Henry says about the Temple dimensions.

The lands here allotted to the sanctuary were 25,000 reeds (so our translation makes it, though some make them only cubits ) in length, and 10,000 in breadth-about eighty miles one way and thirty miles another way (say some); twenty-five miles one way and ten miles the other way, so others.

Matthew Henry Complete Commentary -- Ezekiel 45

The size is enormous and can't be built YET, but remember that Jesus is returning to the Mount of Olives -- splitting it and changing the entire geography of the entire world!

Remember this is the TEMPLE, the entire world will be worshipping the King of Kings for 1000 years! It's going to be HUGE!

God bless,

George

Wow!! I knew that Ezekiel's Temple would be too large fit on the current Temple Mount, but I guess I never stoppped to think just HOW enormous Messiah's Temple will be!! Thanks, George!! I guess that again proves that we are not talking about the same Temple built after the return from Babylon.

• Steward

I guess we'll agree to disagree! :o And when we get to glory we'll find out for sure! :emot-hug: