• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

There is a natural fermentation of wine without yeast. Yeshua drank this wine at Passover, but He did not drink the 4th cup, the last cup of the Pesach Sedar which is the Cup of Praise. He will drink that with us in His Kingdom. Shalom and be blessed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

There is a natural fermentation of wine without yeast. Yeshua drank this wine at Passover, but He did not drink the 4th cup, the last cup of the Pesach Sedar which is the Cup of Praise. He will drink that with us in His Kingdom. Shalom and be blessed.

what are the chances that what we christians refer to as the last supper, from which we draw the communion tradition was a seder? the timing is right with passover. the reason i ask this is it seems obvious and natural to me now, but growing up in the southern baptist church, (which i have left) i never heard this mentioned. (the reference to the seder i mean.)

as to the wine, what difference does it make? the reverence for the Lord in our hearts and actions during this time is the point, honoring the Lord as he commanded.

Guest Spook
as to the wine, what difference does it make? the reverence for the Lord in our hearts and actions during this time is the point, honoring the Lord as he commanded.

So, why not use grape Kool-aid? or cranberry juice? or any other kind of liquid? I've read about folks who observe the communion with breast milk and rice cakes (not kidding here at all!). If the "things" the Lord commanded (wine, unleavened bread) are irrelevant, if our heart attitude is the only thing that actually matters, why use anything at all?

Spook

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey, I've heard that people at a camp used Coke! God looks upon the heart, folks!

Guest Spook
God looks upon the heart, folks!

I didn't know that was in contention.

My question is this: does His looking on your heart mean that he ignores what's in your hand? especially if He's said something about what that is supposed to be.

Spook

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

That sounds a little legalistic to me.... :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Technically, it was not fermented wine that Jesus used at passover, at communion. For a church to use wine with alcohol in it is already incorrect. Same with the bread. Jesus did not use bread with yeast in it either.

Who told you this wine was non-alcoholic? A good Greek concordance/dictionary will prove you wrong.

It would be better to know Hebrew, Greek, and Jewish practices of the time than any modern Greek concordance/dictionary. Your concordances and dictionaries are in error and yes, I do know Hebrew and Greek and Jewish practices then and now.

Then secondly, know what God believes about fermentation, about alcohol, and again, YOU will be proved wrong. There is no way Jesus would have used fermented wine for communion.

Looks like you have a homework assignment hi jr

He surely drank wine at the wedding in which He turned plain water into the best (fermented) quality wine.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It all depends on what you believe is happening during communion. If it is an outward commemoration only an outward symbol, then indeed God is looking at our hearts and whatever drink is chosen is fine. But if communion is something else, something more, then one would come to a different conclusion about what elements to use.

That would be a whole different and I think unhealthy debate we have had many times on worthy already.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

No, the Bible never says He drank wine at the wedding at Cana. :emot-highfive:

Guest Spook
No, the Bible never says He drank wine at the wedding at Cana. :emot-highfive:

Just curious -- do you contend Jesus never drank alcoholic wine?

Spook