• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

Hello all,

I don't post much so I have no idea if this is the correct place. I wanted to share a devotional that I had this morning before work. It really helped me. I hope it will help others...

Wait

Friday, July 28, 2006 by Anabel Gillham

In quietness and trust is your strength.

Isaiah 30:15(b)

Lord, it seems that I have no strength at all today. Frustrations have caused my emotions to head for the top of the chart; evaluating the people around me has caused unrest; evaluating myself has caused confusion.

But then, I haven't sat quietly with You, listening, sharing, nor have I verbalized my trust in You with the depth I need. Oh, I have said, "I trust in You today, Lord"-but I have not done that with my whole heart-with what's happening in my world. It's been a "surface saying." So, I see why I have no strength. I find it difficult to take the time to be quiet and yet I long for that-solitude, stillness, no disturbance-quietness. Help me, Lord.

Cease striving and know that I am God;

Psalm 46:10

cease: to end; stop

striving: to make great efforts; to try very hard; to struggle

know: to be well informed about; to be aware of; to be acquainted with; to recognize or distinguish; have confidential knowledge

God says:

Stop trying. Stop struggling. You've heard the illustration of a drowning man-how difficult it is to help him as he flails his arms-as he panics and struggles to save himself. This is what you're doing. You are endeavoring to accomplish something that is beyond your ability to achieve. Stop doing it. Just stop! Your efforts are futile. Your strength will fail. Don't you know who I am? Don't you acknowledge My power? My wisdom? My love? You know the kind of person I am. I've told you. I am gracious and compassionate; abounding in lovingkindness and truth; I forgive iniquities, transgressions and sins. I keep my lovingkindness for thousands. I know the plans that I have for you-plans for good-not for evil. I am God. The Lord of all flesh. Is anything too difficult for Me? Anabel, let Me do it for you, please.

Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. Ps. 27:14

Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Ps. 37:7

I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. Ps. 40:1

My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken. Ps. 62: 5-6

I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning. Ps. 130:5-6

How eager do you suppose the watchman is for the morning to come? He's been awake all night; vigilant; alert; at attention; all senses at maximum operating power; denying himself the slightest relaxation. Oh, he is eager for the first flush of dawn. He watches for the least bit of light showing in the eastern sky. He waits, patiently. He waits, expectantly. He waits with confidence-he knows the dawn will come.

That's how I'm to wait for the Lord. Am I talking about waiting for Him to come again? Of course. That is for my tomorrow. This is for my today. I wait for Him to show Himself strong in my behalf. I watch as He protects me, as He shields me from evil. Oh, there is so much more to this relationship than I have seen-or that I have experienced. How much longer do I have left to live with Him in this intimate role of faith and hope and trust? I won't need any of those things once He comes again and I am released from this hindrance of earth. I don't like to think about that. I like our relationship the way it is. And I want to learn to wait-please teach me, Lord. Thank You for Your patience.

Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40:31

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

That was beautiful, Kamusat! Thanks! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

That was wonderful. Just what I needed to hear.

God Bless!