Christian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My point being though: The church is supposed to have Gifts from GOd, of Healing and Miracles. You find references scattered throughout the NT reg this. If the church doesnt have the gifts, is it really pleasing to God? If the church is teaching falsehood (many do, as warned many times in the NT, see my initial post), is it really pleasing to God? Does it really have Gods Blessing? I dont think so.... God warned about the falshodd of churches nearly 2000 years ago, Gods warning still exists. If the churches AND Christians were pleasing to God today, He would unleash His Healing powers as a sign of His approval of the church, just as He did in the early church of Acts.

But He doesnt give us the power to heal, because churches to not remain true to what God wants. Instead they rely on teaching falsehood and making money. This seems pretty evident to me, as well as the Scripture of warings against the church posted earlier, that it is best to stay away from the churches. Follow Jesus by yourself, maybe 2 or 3 gathered in His name.

Judgement shall start with the Household (churches) of God (for their corruption) 1Peter 4.17. This will happen during the Great Tribulation.

Get out the churches and follow Jesus, and you may escape in the 1st Rapture (Rev 3.10, Luke 21 vs 34-36) and avoid the Great Tribulation

God Bless

Jai

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

My point being though: The church is supposed to have Gifts from GOd, of Healing and Miracles. You find references scattered throughout the NT reg this. If the church doesnt have the gifts, is it really pleasing to God? If the church is teaching falsehood (many do, as warned many times in the NT, see my initial post), is it really pleasing to God? Does it really have Gods Blessing? I dont think so.... God warned about the falshodd of churches nearly 2000 years ago, Gods warning still exists. If the churches AND Christians were pleasing to God today, He would unleash His Healing powers as a sign of His approval of the church, just as He did in the early church of Acts.

But He doesnt give us the power to heal, because churches to not remain true to what God wants. Instead they rely on teaching falsehood and making money. This seems pretty evident to me, as well as the Scripture of warings against the church posted earlier, that it is best to stay away from the churches. Follow Jesus by yourself, maybe 2 or 3 gathered in His name.

Judgement shall start with the Household (churches) of God (for their corruption) 1Peter 4.17. This will happen during the Great Tribulation.

Get out the churches and follow Jesus, and you may escape in the 1st Rapture (Rev 3.10, Luke 21 vs 34-36) and avoid the Great Tribulation

God Bless

Jai

Christian, this is why you should go to church, so you can avoid false doctrines such as the one above. There is power in community.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Exhibit 2 that this thread is of the anti-church movement. Without exception, you guys ALWAYS use the physical building argument to deny that believers should attend church. The purpose of the church is not to bring healing and not to perform miracles. The purpose of the service is not to reenact the Book of Acts each Sunday morning. The purpose of the church is to preach the gospel of Jesus and to administer Christ's Sacraments. And yes, that often happens in a physical building.

sw

Why do you limit what should take place when God's people gather together?????????? You think in terms of 'the purpose of the service', whatever that means to you, rather than God's people coming together as the one body of Christ.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Exhibit 2 that this thread is of the anti-church movement. Without exception, you guys ALWAYS use the physical building argument to deny that believers should attend church. The purpose of the church is not to bring healing and not to perform miracles. The purpose of the service is not to reenact the Book of Acts each Sunday morning. The purpose of the church is to preach the gospel of Jesus and to administer Christ's Sacraments. And yes, that often happens in a physical building.

sw

Why do you limit what should take place when God's people gather together?????????? You think in terms of 'the purpose of the service', whatever that means to you, rather than God's people coming together as the one body of Christ.

I point you here.

God can move in certain ways, but we must question, where are the scriptural promises that He will do it in a certain context? The purpose of Church is accountability, corporate worship, and the discipleship/education of the believers....sharing the Gospel, bringing healing, stuff like that generally takes place as an evangelism role, not as a growth role within the Church.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, I have seen healing and the like take place as normal church function, not as special evangelical events. God still pours out His blessing upon individual bodies of believers who are following after Him with all their hearts, and minds and bodies! He loves the obedient church and He does not neglect or withhold from her!

He inhabits the praises of His people. Where He is worshiped in spirit and in Truth, He shows up.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

You know what really bothers me is the fact that "WE" are the church and "WE" are to assemble together and the Word does not say we must come together every Sunday or Saturday but just to come together to edify and to encourage one another. We are to read the word and follow the example we were given by our Lord and also the disciples. Also when you mentioned the "churches" in the bible. That was speaking of territory not names of churches, they all believed the same and that is where Jesus wants us all in the same BODY as ONE. Not baptist or catholic or protestant or any other denomination. In the book of Acts they were in the upper room in ONE ACCORD and that is when the action started happening when they were in one accord not bickering about who was wrong or right in one accord waiting on their promise of the Holy Spirit!!

Now we are suppose to be discussing about how we can come together as one not who is right or wrong if we are brothers and sisters then let's grow up and act like we are suppose to, and love one another and let's see what God has been doing in our lives and edify one another!! Amen?

In love

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Jesus will show you what church you need to be in. Pray. Ask him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

God Bless

Jai

thats make no sense. you sould seperate yourself from fellow beleivers. you sould place yourself with sinners. how would you survive if you seperated yourself from the beleivers how would you stay in line? why didnt paul flee from the church if your sould flee from the church?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Hey, Bott! Where ya been? :rolleyes:

we do need to be in church. The Bible says do not forsake the gathering together of ourselves. We, as Christians, should be a community. Learning to love those of us who are still unlovely is a very important part of our becoming like Christ. Also, being around more mature believers will allow for correction, which isn't pleasureable, but is necessary for our spiritual growth. However, we should also have regular contact with unbelievers as we have a mission to share the Gospel with them(coworkers, family who aren't saved, etc). :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

You know what really bothers me is the fact that "WE" are the church and "WE" are to assemble together and the Word does not say we must come together every Sunday or Saturday but just to come together to edify and to encourage one another. We are to read the word and follow the example we were given by our Lord and also the disciples. Also when you mentioned the "churches" in the bible. That was speaking of territory not names of churches, they all believed the same and that is where Jesus wants us all in the same BODY as ONE. Not baptist or catholic or protestant or any other denomination. In the book of Acts they were in the upper room in ONE ACCORD and that is when the action started happening when they were in one accord not bickering about who was wrong or right in one accord waiting on their promise of the Holy Spirit!!

Now we are suppose to be discussing about how we can come together as one not who is right or wrong if we are brothers and sisters then let's grow up and act like we are suppose to, and love one another and let's see what God has been doing in our lives and edify one another!! Amen?

In love

Rom 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Rom 16:5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

1Co 16:19 The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

Col 4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

Phm 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in thy house:

Sounds to me like more than just territories, but rather groups of Christians assembling together to do the work of the Lord as He commanded.....

1Ti 3:14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.