• Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

+Pray+ for the Peace of Israel!

re: Are You a Comforter?

IThessalonians 4:18- Therefore comfort one another with these words. A message of Comfort in the Resurrection Hope!

We are commanded to be Comforters. Do you see much of this here on WB's?

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :whistling:

Snow4JC

Guest jckduboise

IThessalonians 4:18- Therefore comfort one another with these words. A message of Comfort in the Resurrection Hope!

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :whistling:

Snow4JC

I would like to see more here..no most times this place feels pretty comfortless..IMHO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps I do not see the same as some..

I find this is a great place for comfort..

comfort from you all is very thing that drew me here..

The comfort I received when my heart was heavy for my grand daughter...

Thanks everyone ...You are the best... :whistling:

Am I personally a comforter??I believe so .....

When God puts me in a situation where comfort is needed I am so very glad to comfort those who are hurting....

Is that what you mean??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I see it in some forums. Mostly in the Upper Room, prayer requests, advice forums etc. The General Discussion tends to have a decidely uncomfortable believer vs. unbeliever feel to it, which I must say I don't quite like.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :noidea:

Snow4JC

Discussions and debates about doctrine are usually not comforting. There is not really anything wrong with that in my view. Seeking the truth is often not comforting. The truth of God's Word tells us we are sinners and wretches and we hate to hear that so God's revelation to us is often not comforting. Even the comfort of the gospel divides people since most do not believe it. In fact, the gospel and the cross can be downright offensive to us when we consider the unknowable horror that Jesus experienced for us.

As for the command for us to comfort, this is the fruit of the gospel and faith. We can no more be geniunely comforting any more than we can be loving just because we are commanded to do so. To comfort others because we are commanded to do so provides only superficial and self serving comfort. On the other hand, the comfort that we give to others that flows from true faith is good and beneficial. It is truly the comfort of Christ and it does not flow from duty or command.

sw

Guest jckduboise

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :noidea:

Snow4JC

Discussions and debates about doctrine are usually not comforting. There is not really anything wrong with that in my view. Seeking the truth is often not comforting. The truth of God's Word tells us we are sinners and wretches and we hate to hear that so God's revelation to us is often not comforting. Even the comfort of the gospel divides people since most do not believe it. In fact, the gospel and the cross can be downright offensive to us when we consider the unknowable horror that Jesus experienced for us.

As for the command for us to comfort, this is the fruit of the gospel and faith. We can no more be geniunely comforting any more than we can be loving just because we are commanded to do so. To comfort others because we are commanded to do so provides only superficial and self serving comfort. On the other hand, the comfort that we give to others that flows from true faith is good and beneficial. It is truly the comfort of Christ and it does not flow from duty or command.

sw

such warmth

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :thumbsup:

Snow4JC

sw

such warmth

The point dear soul is that the love and comfort we show others out of duty under the law is cold and disengenuous. It is done as a command and requirement. The love and comfort that flows from faith is from Christ. It is true and genuine. When someone demands that we love them because God's law says so how much love is really there? Not much.

sw

Guest jckduboise

(this is just a question, please don't over board) :thumbsup:

Snow4JC

sw

such warmth

The point dear soul is that the love and comfort we show others out of duty under the law is cold and disengenuous. It is done as a command and requirement. The love and comfort that flows from faith is from Christ. It is true and genuine. When someone demands that we love them because God's law says so how much love is really there? Not much.

sw

Of that you are right and I am in agreement..there are times however when people ask questions like the one asked here for more than what it may appear.

Genuine love and compassion also naturally flows from those who are in Christ..and warmth flows from their mouth and actions. It is impossible for it not too..He loved us first in return we Love Him, and it is given to others because of the love He has for us..it runs a full circle.

This place at times is as cold as the sea and there are many here who are as cold as the fish in the sea..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I Cor.13 gives us a perfect example of how to treat each other..

If I am failing in that then I need to repent and ask God to forgive me..

If someone else is failing then I need to pray for them that God will show them they need such a heart of love..

I believe we are all growing into that perfect love and we are all in different stages of learning to love and learning to yield to the Holy Spirit in us.....

patience with one another is invaluable to have as I need yours and you need mine..

Yes??

I have faith in all my brothers and sisters in Christ who come here that if I were in need you would comfort me if I needed it...

Snow4JC...is that what you believe ??