• Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Pray for the Peace of Irsael+

re: Givers

Giving comes very natrual for me. I see or hear a need and I am first in line. I find myself giving on a daily bases. However, sometimes I give so much I feel like a wilted flower. :huh:

Last week a Christian friend told me that she thought I was such a great giver. That I give and give and give and in return I get crumbs of Love. She said this doesn't stop me I continue giving. Oops! Crumbs! :24:

This start my head thinking. :24: This whole idea was very damaging to me. I have been having an on going depression crisis. I am sad, tearful and just miserable. :taped:

My friend has time for me when I am on their porch. They invite me in, share food and drink, and give me a hug as I go out the door. ;)

But they don't call to ask how am I doing? They don't come over to my house and visit with me.

A couple of years ago I asked Geroge why his wife Bea couldn't do this with me. He told me they didn't have the extra time needed to do it. :o

Now I am really Confused? Plus I am hurt. Don't get me wrong I don't give to receive. I give because this is the desire of my FATHER, for me to do so!

Please be kind hearted when anwsering to this topic. :24:

Shalom

Snow4JC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Snow, what exactly is your question, sweetie? ;) I'm not sure I understand what you need..... :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member

Snow, what exactly is your question, sweetie? ;) I'm not sure I understand what you need..... :24:

My question is: Is this relationship I am having with Bea and Geroge a one sided one?

I guess it lies in the word "time!" I take the time to visit them. Yet, George doesn't feel they have the time to visit me.

Are they taking advantage of me, or I am just a dumbing and keep giving?

Snow

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I still don't really understand. ;) How would they be taking advantage of you? What exactly are you giving them, time? Could the problem be that you're feeling lonely?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Snow...

Do not let the actions or inactions of people dissuade you from continuing in your giving ways. People generally do get caught up in their own lives and unless someone tells them to help, they don't.

Those who are walking closely to God, hear His voice and see the needs with His eyes are quick to obey Him.

You continue in what you are led to do, and God will bless you, and comfort you. I was in a deep depression a few years ago, and my Christian friends kind of dropped by the wayside. I don't blame them...I wasn't well for a long time. But then God stepped in and took me away, physically, from that and moved us to the next city to a new church, where I met many, many Christians who know the meaning of hands-on loving, who know the truth about the Healing of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Well, I got my healing! After 4 years of depression---healed!

That is the giving that I needed---that sisters and brothers in Christ would intercede for me in obedience.

I know this doesn't answer your question about why your giving isn't reciprocated by others. I want to encourage you to continue, press on, but trust God---He will choose someone who is obedient to minister to you, too! That is what happens...He chooses someone for a task, and if they deny Him, He chooses someone else! I will pray for you today! someone will minister to you, dear. ;)

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

:24:

Last week a Christian friend told me that she thought I was such a great giver. That I give and give and give and in return I get crumbs of Love. She said this doesn't stop me I continue giving. Oops! Crumbs! :24:

This start my head thinking. :taped: This whole idea was very damaging to me. I have been having an on going depression crisis. I am sad, tearful and just miserable. :huh:

Shalom

Snow4JC

Perhaps the thing you should do is reject the friends words to you...

not the friend..just her comment...

You said it got you to thinking... :P

You were satisfied before you started thinking about it right?

Sometimes we have to filter out things that would cause divisions...

It is amazing what a word can do to a relationship...

If you want to continue to love without recompense then I would suggest you forget the comment and just get back to loving your friends.. :o

Keep praying ...The Lord will speak to your heart... ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1962

Last week a Christian friend told me that she thought I was such a great giver. That I give and give and give and in return I get crumbs of Love. She said this doesn't stop me I continue giving. Oops! Crumbs! :taped:

This start my head thinking. :huh: This whole idea was very damaging to me. I have been having an on going depression crisis. I am sad, tearful and just miserable. :o

Shalom

Snow4JC

You said it got you to thinking... :huh:

If you want to continue to love without recompense then I would suggest you forget the comment and just get back to loving your friends.. :P

Keep praying ...The Lord will speak to your heart... ;)

very good advice :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member

Last week a Christian friend told me that she thought I was such a great giver. That I give and give and give and in return I get crumbs of Love. She said this doesn't stop me I continue giving. Oops! Crumbs! :taped:

This start my head thinking. :huh: This whole idea was very damaging to me. I have been having an on going depression crisis. I am sad, tearful and just miserable. :o

Shalom

Snow4JC

You said it got you to thinking... :huh:

If you want to continue to love without recompense then I would suggest you forget the comment and just get back to loving your friends.. :P

Keep praying ...The Lord will speak to your heart... :24:

Thank you for your healing thoughts. Tomorrow is a NEW Day, RIGHT! ;)

Snow

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Amen..

;)

Mal 4:2 But to you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness shall arise, and healing will be on His wings. And you shall go out and frisk like calves of the stall.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

re: Givers

Giving comes very natrual for me. I see or hear a need and I am first in line. I find myself giving on a daily bases. However, sometimes I give so much I feel like a wilted flower. :huh:

Last week a Christian friend told me that she thought I was such a great giver. That I give and give and give and in return I get crumbs of Love. She said this doesn't stop me I continue giving. Oops! Crumbs! :noidea:

This start my head thinking. :blink: This whole idea was very damaging to me. I have been having an on going depression crisis. I am sad, tearful and just miserable. :taped:

My friend has time for me when I am on their porch. They invite me in, share food and drink, and give me a hug as I go out the door. :emot-handshake:

But they don't call to ask how am I doing? They don't come over to my house and visit with me.

A couple of years ago I asked Geroge why his wife Bea couldn't do this with me. He told me they didn't have the extra time needed to do it. :o

Now I am really Confused? Plus I am hurt. Don't get me wrong I don't give to receive. I give because this is the desire of my FATHER, for me to do so!

Please be kind hearted when anwsering to this topic. :emot-hug:

Shalom

Snow4JC

Some people are wired that way, I have friends like this. you see, these people are probably slaves to the ordinary, swallowed by life, preoccupied with what is currently going on...maybe bad managers of time too. But then again sometimes, as a tortured artist type, and introvert...someone has to show up on my porch. I don't call and invite people over often. When people get an invite to my place which was not the result of a phone call to my house, an invitation to theirs or a suprise visit that I cannot accomodate, they clear their calendar and show up cause....well...it might not happen again for months. Because they are absorbed by life and I'm an introvert, we tend to all give about the same amount

It probably is not that they are trying to hurt you, I know I'm not trying to hurt anyone. I just enjoy being alone, reading, writing, working on my stuff, being with my kids, cooking, etc... And then somebody shows up. And I'm not always glad to see them. but I get glad or we make plans for a planned outing or visit...and then the cycle starts all over again. And one day we realise we havent seen Darius for like a month so we all pile in the truck and haul ourselves over there to bug him and his family....

Like I said, it's probably not that Bea dislikes you or that she wants to hurt your feelings. Though you may want to "make" them take the initiative and go to invitation only visits, and see if you are missed when you are gone. Or you could have a heart to heart with Bea and see what she expects of her friends and of her social life. She might be a loner, introvert, whatever. If she's a loner, well, we can only be helped so far...we honestly can't tolerate alot of interaction....