• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

This is my first topic so bare with me OK?

We all ask about why is there evil and why do evil things happen to us? Right? We also wonder especially why does God allow it?

Isaiah 45:7-8

I form the light and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Drop down, ye heavens, from above,and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

I believe He uses evil to proclaim His justice

His goodness

His grace

His love

His mercy

His character

His commands

His worthiness

His faithfulness

His glory

I'm sure there is more!!! But throughout the bible when evil showed it's face, God's attributes took over and swallowed evil where it stood. Even when Jesus was crusified hell started to throw a party thought they won, UNTIL Jesus showed up!!!!

He uses evil for HIS purposes to be fulfilled not always for just punishment.

I'm sure if you are truly born again you will be able to relate to what I am going to say here:

When you were first born again, nothing seemed to matter how people thought of you or even the consequences of what you may say concerning someone elses salvation all you knew was they need to get born again!!! Amen? We were babies you don't care as a baby does not care what anybody thinks when they seem to disturb a whole household in the middle of the night. Well we suddenly realize that things are starting to change, this is when I believe things begin to balance out, we start growing.

I remeber when this began happening to me. It was as if my "old self" showed up, I did realize eventually that I had a choice to either let my old self stay or come against it -- I chose to come against it. Well that is when my mind was being changed by the word and the enemy wanted to thwart that from happening. TO BAD!! Now God can begin to really work and make the changes necessay to make me more like Jesus!!

It's been a real process and I know that my God is a good God all the time!! But it is up to me to let Him change me. He will not force us to be like Him, we have to from our WHOLE being want to change.

I am not saying all this to say I have arrived -- hardly -- I am still a work in progress, but thank God I'm not where I was.

I suppose I am writing this to let anyone who needs to hear that they are not alone we are all a work in progress and if we are still breathing we will be until we stop. The main command is to love one another and this is my way of saying I love my brothers and sisters in Christ and we need to keep building one another up and keep our focus on our SAVIOUR!! Amen?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Amen. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Great message!! :emot-highfive:

Amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Good word! :mgqueen:

Hey how about some more encouraging words here I had hoped that this would at least get some to talk and give some testimony, we do have new babes on the block!!

Great message!! :emot-questioned:

Amen!

Thank you

Good word! :emot-questioned:

Thank you too:)

Amen. :emot-questioned:

Thanx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

A Word in time...Thank-you.

I am in the valley of the shadow of death right now, and his word is true. "Thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." My battle is a spiritual battle. Overcoming the depth of my sins.

My brothers and sisters are praying for me and encouraging and supporting me. No matter how hard or how difficult things may get for me, I know the value of fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. We must Never foresake the gathering of the people. Whatever happens it is always an opportunity to Grow.

Sometimes that is hard to fathom, but the only way God can change us is if we stay. If we RUN, the same issue will arise wherever we go. The key is submitting to the work that God wants to do. Not easy, but its the "Way Everlasting." Just as there is no man who is beyond Gods outstretched arms of mercy and grace, no matter how lost or out of sorts a church might BE, there is no church that is beyond Gods Restoration.

"If my people who are called by my name, would humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land."

God answers Solomon after he prays and dedicates the temple. God shows us that when we see drought or Locust (Lack of Gods Water and Lack of Gods food) and Plague (Illness and disease bringing death) That these are the times we need to seek God. The evidence that things are not right have a clear indication in this scripture. Please note also that God is talking to HIS people. He speaks of sending a plague among "MY" people and commanding Locusts to devour the land and shutting up the sky so there is no rain. God is merciful by "Showing us that we need to repent." Listen to this from the book of Job.

"God is mighty, but does not despise men; he is firm in his purpose. He does not keep the wicked alive, but gives the afflicted their rights. He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with Kings and exalts them forever. But if men are bound in chains, held fast by cords of affliction, he tells them what they have done--that they have sinned arrogantly. He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of their evil. If they obey him and serve him they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge." (Job 36:5-12)

If Gods judgements were NOT throughout all the earth, then no man would repent and be saved. I think that there are times when we need to be thankful for Gods perfect justice. If he didnt afflict us, we would never turn to him.

Regards,

Ben.

A Word in time...Thank-you.

I am in the valley of the shadow of death right now, and his word is true. "Thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." My battle is a spiritual battle. Overcoming the depth of my sins.

My brothers and sisters are praying for me and encouraging and supporting me. No matter how hard or how difficult things may get for me, I know the value of fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. We must Never foresake the gathering of the people. Whatever happens it is always an opportunity to Grow.

Sometimes that is hard to fathom, but the only way God can change us is if we stay. If we RUN, the same issue will arise wherever we go. The key is submitting to the work that God wants to do. Not easy, but its the "Way Everlasting." Just as there is no man who is beyond Gods outstretched arms of mercy and grace, no matter how lost or out of sorts a church might BE, there is no church that is beyond Gods Restoration.

"If my people who are called by my name, would humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land."

God answers Solomon after he prays and dedicates the temple. God shows us that when we see drought or Locust (Lack of Gods Water and Lack of Gods food) and Plague (Illness and disease bringing death) That these are the times we need to seek God. The evidence that things are not right have a clear indication in this scripture. Please note also that God is talking to HIS people. He speaks of sending a plague among "MY" people and commanding Locusts to devour the land and shutting up the sky so there is no rain. God is merciful by "Showing us that we need to repent." Listen to this from the book of Job.

"God is mighty, but does not despise men; he is firm in his purpose. He does not keep the wicked alive, but gives the afflicted their rights. He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with Kings and exalts them forever. But if men are bound in chains, held fast by cords of affliction, he tells them what they have done--that they have sinned arrogantly. He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of their evil. If they obey him and serve him they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge." (Job 36:5-12)

If Gods judgements were NOT throughout all the earth, then no man would repent and be saved. I think that there are times when we need to be thankful for Gods perfect justice. If he didnt afflict us, we would never turn to him.

Regards,

Ben.

Ben,

Thank you for responding!!

I understand what you are saying about the depths of your sin, but I do want to encourage you with this; our sin is gone erased forever when we are born again, I know you know this but bare with me, I want to get this right for you.

I went through a loooong period of wondering what I had done when I was in that same valley. But when I came out I realized it is just a cleansing of the effects of the sin that was in your life. You see even though we are forgiven set free from the punishment of sin, we still live in a world of sin and the effects of sin still has some power until we see and learn from those sins in our past. I hope this makes sense? When we see clearly those effects they lose their power. That is why our enemy tries to use those past sins against us, he knows we remember. Then he tries to make us feel condemned by them. Understand? That is the only power our sin from our past can have but it becomes our choice if we are going to allow it to hold us back from our promises our relaease it from our lives forever so we can go forward in the things of God!! Amen?

I pray Father that you give Ben the wisdom and knowledge to go forward in these trials Lord and keep him strong in You Father in Jesus' wonderful and mighty name!!! Amen