• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

OK, here is my first question. Do you believe in the evolution of man or do you believe he was a special creation?

I'm really not trying to "trap" anyone here, I am really trying to get an idea of what you believe.

Man was God's special creation, there was NO evolution involved.

No evolution of man or beast.

All are as they were created in the 6 days.

BUT...I believe in the Scriptural possibility of this being a "re-creation", as backed by certain observations in the wording and text of the Bible.

IslandRose, You have made no response to the link I offered you and in fairness I think it is worth a read to understand better the Scriptural view of this possibility and my stance on the subject.

I'd love to respond to your questions, if I can, but not if you won't fully research the topic with me.

Blessings

-C-

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

You asked me to get involved - I am happy to answer your questions - what are they?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This was the first:

OK, here is my first question. Do you believe in the evolution of man or do you believe he was a special creation?

I'm really not trying to "trap" anyone here, I am really trying to get an idea of what you believe.

Do you believe in the evolution of man or do you believe he was a special creation?

I believe in the evolution of man. That is, man is related to all other animals by common descent just like any other animal, and any other African Ape.

I sense a follow up question.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Sorry I was out all afternoon. Sitting at the hospital with a little 9 year old guy who had a bad accident last Friday.

I'll go on now... ;)

Christian, I did read your link. Thank you, it does explain very well where you stand As I said, it is basically the same stance my father takes. I respect my father as I do few men. He has an earned PhD. He's been in missions for almost 40 years, and true man of God. I just disagree with him in this one area.

Nik, thanks for joining. I really am not trying to get a "gotcha" here. I know what I believe, I just have never really dug into what others do believe and am trying to understand their theology. I don't doubt anyone's salvation due to their stand in this area. I'm just curious.

I will delete any posts that get contentious. ( I can do that.... ;) ) I don't want an argument, just more understanding. :24:

I believe in evolutionary change -

But not the evolution of one species into another (or one genus into another, or one family into another, or one order into another, . . . ).

Man is a special creation. ;)

Do you believe in the evolution of man or do you believe he was a special creation?

I believe in the evolution of man. That is, man is related to all other animals by common descent just like any other animal, and any other African Ape.

I sense a follow up question.

:24:

So do you believe there was an actual Adam and Eve?

Perhaps I should just go on and ask what it really confusing me. For those who believe in human evolution...When did man fall? At what point did man become accountable for his sin?

The Bible says that by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin. So Who was that one man?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I believe God created the earth in 6 days, and that He created Adam and Eve, and that we didn't evolve from apes. I also agree with what Kent Hovind says, that the dinosours were part of the creation (a young earth), and that death, even that of dinosours, etc, didn't enter the world until after Adam sinned.

I know some people disagree with some things spoken of by Kent Hovind, but I think he brings across some good points. And the good vastly outweigh the so-called dodgy ones.

just my opinion, anyway

So do you believe there was an actual Adam and Eve?

No, not if you mean two people who literally were a founder human population.

For those who believe in human evolution...When did man fall? At what point did man become accountable for his sin?

I don't know. It doesn't really matter to me. If I knew the first sinner was called "ug" and lived 250,345 years ago, it wouldn't much change the basis of my religion, or particularly interest me.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I've been wondering about some things. As you know, I'm and Young Earth, Genesis literalist. I have no problem with the 6 days of creation and though I haven't done any heavy study on the subject, the study I have done hasn't moved me or caused me to rethink my position on this.

But it has raised questions in me about the other positions. I was wondering if anyone who held the old earth and/or theistic evolution position would mind answering a few question on your theology?

I wouldn't mind at all.

I am an old earth and possibly old man (though I still lean heavily towards new man).

Just so long as I don't get put on the burner for beleiving this way. ;)