IGNORED

Texas wants my thumbprint for a driver's license

Biscuit

Personally, I don't think that giving up your prints is that bad. It's just like when somebody takes a picture of you, thats not evil, and I don't think your prints are either. The mark, if it is indeed a physical thing, comes across to me as something actually injected into your skin...

I think so. And most folks seem to think it will be something tattooed on the skin or a small chip put under the skin. But we don't know for sure. John would not have even known how to describe a photograph of the face during his time. Could this be "a mark"? I need to look up the Greek word that was translated as "mark", I guess. I wonder if it is the same meaning as the "mark" which Cain received. John was in the same position as someone from the 1800's might be in trying to describe a computer or a rocket to the moon. If each state goes to this standardized drivers license/national ID card, it would definitely be required to get a job, open a bank account, buy and sell, etc. You can buy & sell with cash, but you need to have a job and bank account to get the cash. And other countries are trying to go to a national ID, so it does seem to be a global effort. I'm just trying to be cautious. Very nice photos on your photoblog. I used to have a nice photo of a butterfly but lost it. Thanks for sharing these. :emot-questioned: God bless you. :noidea:

James

You do not need a bank account in order to get cash. Ask any thief.

There are countless thousands of jobs across this country and around the world that pay cash.

Again...the mark will be something that you will not be able to remove. If finger prints were the mark, what about those who have no hands?

Just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

It's Texas for pete sakes! There are more churches here than the law allows in any other state. Most are baptist.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

It's Texas for pete sakes! There are more churches here than the law allows in any other state. Most are baptist.....

All of them are corporations too, 501c3 non-profit corporations. All subject, voluntarily, to the laws of corporations in the US and the State of Texas. All for the express purpose of providing a corporate benefit to those that attend.

Seems to me that this is just another gentle nudge toward the voluntary receiving of the Mark.

Could it be?

LT

• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Personally, I don't think that giving up your prints is that bad. It's just like when somebody takes a picture of you, thats not evil, and I don't think your prints are either. The mark, if it is indeed a physical thing, comes across to me as something actually injected into your skin...

I think so. And most folks seem to think it will be something tattooed on the skin or a small chip put under the skin. But we don't know for sure. John would not have even known how to describe a photograph of the face during his time. Could this be "a mark"? I need to look up the Greek word that was translated as "mark", I guess. I wonder if it is the same meaning as the "mark" which Cain received. John was in the same position as someone from the 1800's might be in trying to describe a computer or a rocket to the moon. If each state goes to this standardized drivers license/national ID card, it would definitely be required to get a job, open a bank account, buy and sell, etc. You can buy & sell with cash, but you need to have a job and bank account to get the cash. And other countries are trying to go to a national ID, so it does seem to be a global effort. I'm just trying to be cautious. Very nice photos on your photoblog. I used to have a nice photo of a butterfly but lost it. Thanks for sharing these. :emot-questioned: God bless you. :noidea:

James

You do not need a bank account in order to get cash. Ask any thief.

There are countless thousands of jobs across this country and around the world that pay cash.

Again...the mark will be something that you will not be able to remove. If finger prints were the mark, what about those who have no hands?

Just a thought.

There is an out for the above - the forehead for those without hands.

LT

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I think it very well could be nudges towards the mark... I have read of train stations that tattoo the times on your hands temporarily to remind people when to get on... even those things you get at theme parks to prove you've been inside... it's all nudging.

I don't believe the mark is around yet however.

Come on guys!

Finger prints! The Sign of The Beast?

Every time I eat fried Chicken (Duck for the initiated!)

I leave my finger prints over half The State of California!

You have got to get over this obsession with Marks!

Next thing will be foot prints!

The Mark of The Beast!

If you want a really serious threat

check out Ducks!

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

All of this ID in Texas talk. I'm not sure about what the law is but when you figure in the 10 1/2 million illegal immigrants sometimes its good to know who is a true citizen & who is an illegal alien?

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

As a total outsider I have got to say that I am totally horrified by a lot of peoples' responses to this.

I really don't like to make sweeping generalisations and certainly shouldn't stereotype people, but reading most of this thread and pretty much the same thing on other boards like it, I am thinking that Americans really have been duped badly. Someone said they believed taking fingerprints was "just a security measure". What? Security? How? If a DL is to be used for "proof of identity" (and not a certificate of competence to drive a motor vehicle and, strangely, I naively thought it was) then to get this document - the DL that is - presumably you had to show some other proof of identity in the first place. So why isn't the possession of the DL itself enough to id you for anything else. I assume you are not a criminal, so why should you be treated like one.

I'm obviously the only one here who finds the idea of surrendering your fingerprints, or thumbprints, to be absolutely creepy beyond belief.

Perhaps it is the fact that I am old enough to remember when fingerprinting was only associated with people getting arrested and "processed". Criminals get fingerprinted, not free citizens. A post at the beginning (sorry, can't be bothered going back to find out which one) claimed that "if everyone was fingerprinted there would be less crime" - this, to me, is sort of like saying if everyone in the country was put under curfew and had to wear a tracking device 24/7 there would be less crime. Oh, and this is obviously news to the person who wrote that but criminals have been known to wear gloves.

I just sent a letter today to the Pharmacy Society complaining about the fact that I tried to buy drugs to treat a head cold and because they contained pseudoephedrine the pharmacy assistant wanted my DL and not only that but she wanted to "scan it in". Here the law states that a DL may only be demanded by a police officer from someone "while they are driving", and I write to the transport dep't regularly to make sure the law hasn't surreptitiously changed. Actually, when I argued the point in the pharmacy I just signed my name in a book to buy the drug in the end, but I wrote to the Pharm. Soc. to ask them to clarify the law to all the pharmacies around here, so that it doesn't happen again. I know I will "get my way" because I always do when I make a fuss about something.

Ironically though, use of a DL as id is rather ridiculous as far as I am concerned because 35 years ago when I first got my DL I didn't even have to produce anything at all to prove who I was.

So, assuming that your thumbprints are wanted to "prove your identity" (or are claimed to be anyway, although there is no way I believe that) it is all pretty pointless as there are "tons" of methods of "faking" or "planting" fingerprints. Do a quick "Google" search and you will come across numerous sites telling you how to make latex fingerprints. I suspect that the motive for the state demanding your fingerprints is rather more sinister than that, and they really want to have a database of every citizens' fingerprints for purposes of "crime detection". But, you should note:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5048717.html

The point I was making at the beginning of this post was that I think a lot of Americans seem to have been faced with more and more intrusive technology all in the name of "safety" or "combatting terrorism" and have actually believed that these things are "necessary" and realise how hard life will be if they "ask too many akward questions" about it, or refuse it altogether, but their instincts tell them not to have anything to do with it, but still they convince themselves that it is harmless and their reservations are unfounded. I am thinking that a lot of you will still be doing this when something that is obviously the "real" MOB comes along. In my view this is a "lead up" to the MOB.

Someone said on another post on this thread that you couldn't cash a cheque or open a bank account without a DL (or a thumbprint on the cheque) so without a DL you would be prevented from gaining access to your wages from your job and not having a DL would also prevent access to your workplace so you would be unable to get any money (with which to buy or sell) without a DL, and therefore without a thumbprint - or mark. Seems logical to me.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

Larry you know that your not forced to go to church......Now returning back to the subject at hand...I've had it done nothing has happened I don't see any Antichrist or anything like that from the Book of Revelation. Admittly yes its creepy....But I don't have any gestapo coming into my parents house or anything like that....I'm in an agreement with Joe. :emot-hug:

Rev 13:16 And the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the freemen and the slaves, it causes that they give to them all a mark on their right hand, or on their foreheads,

Rev 13:17 even that not any could buy or sell, except the one having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

This is what all the fuss is about.......The MOB is worldwide not just one small state in a world.

Edited by LadyGunivere

Dear buckthesystem

{As a total outsider I have got to say that I am totally horrified by a lot of peoples' responses to this}

You have got to be kidding!

You are Totally Horrified?

Over Finger Printing?

Ask any Combat Veteran....

Ask any mother or her little child living in projects and poor neighborhoods.....

Ask the mothers and children of Israel.....

If they aren't shooting at you it's a good day!

Maybe you just have not read what God said about fear?

It is simple!

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:14-18)

And

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Christians of all nations really, really do not fear Finger Printing!

Americans fear running out of gas

Or fear their favorite TV show will be canceled

Or some other "earth shaking" event

But they have no fear of finger printing!

Americans even foot print their new born babies!

Oh my! Oh my!

Can you imagine that!

From America With Love :-)

Joe