IGNORED

What are YOU Doing With The TALENTS U Have?

WISDOM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

FHA:

Trust HIM even when the way seems dark and cloudy.  We fail ourselves for lack of faith, yet HE will NEVER fail you or I because of the same... :thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I took that test and came out with intercessory on top and then exhortation and then gifts. So I guess I pray, shout and give!  :crazy:

I do have the gift of intercessory prayer though. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with an urgency to pray for someone.  However, I keep asking our Father to help me learn to pray better. Sometimes I feel like I'm just talking to Him.  (yet other times I'm speechless! )

Excellent traveller!

Now I ask of you....keep me in your prayers that I might continue to boldly speak as the SPIRIT leads and I too shall pray for you and yours. :crazy:

Wisdom, you are already in my prayers! And thank you for praying for me!

:crazy:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

My gifts are prophecy and teaching, but I didn't fully use my talents, until I started to willingly ask the Lord to use me, and then to submit to what He called me to.  You do not always recognize your gifts, until He calls you into what He wants.  I currently (through the power of the Lord) have started up an after-school Bible Study program in our largest elementary schools.  There are 12 teachers, and 6 classes.  What's interesting, is, I could not speak in front of people.  It would make me physically ill.  But....when I submitted  unto the Lord and whatever ministry He called me to, and then went and prayed for Him to make me able, I have now spoken to probably a dozen different groups publicly, not to mention the actual speaking I do when I go to teach the after school programs.  I have learned, that if we will submit to what the Lord calls us to, He will bless the ministry through "HIS" power, and obviously not my own, (cause I didn't have any)  being nauseous is not powerful  :t2: !  But....because I submitted and walked in faith, He has made me able.  I have now led classes within our church on Childrens' ministries, I have spoken before many groups about the School ministries, and I am totally amazed that God is using me, because I know how unable I was to publicly speak.  It didn't matter to God.  He just wants us to be willing to do whatever it is He calls us to, so to be successful in ministry, don't limit yourself by what you think you "can't do", empower the work of the Holy Spirit by believing in what He "can do".  And then "GO" where He sends you!   :crazy:

In His Love,

Suzanne

WOW Suzanne! What a testimony! God is good!

:inlove:

What a wonderful discussion. I believe that we are all blessed by our Father with gifts. While there are some that say that they have no talents and gifts, they are wrong. Our blessings come in different areas because there are various needs to be fulfilled. We just have to be willing to search out our gifts and then take the time and effort to refine them.

For instance, I have no talent whatsoever in areas of mathmatical requirements. I leave that to those that have that gift. However, I have been tremendously blessed in gifts of creativity and to God goes all of the glory. I am thankful to be able to use these gifts for Him and do so happily.

A few years ago, I had no idea that I was to be a graphic artist for Him. Nor did I have any idea that I was to be a webmaster for Him. I had never done anything like this before. I am a floral designer by trade and always tremendously enjoyed using that gift. When it came my way to do the computer thing....I did not have the confidence that I could actually do it. Now, I must say that I am proof that when He sets a gift before us, we have the choice to turn away or accept. I am thankful that I accepted.

I have no desire to do web pages or create graphics other than those that display love and devotion to our Father, our Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit. What joy I have found in doing this for His sake, I cannot even begin to describe.

So, if you don't yet know what your gifts are, you have only to seek Him and He will reveal them to you. You just have to be willing to overcome any doubts, for He never calls us to anything that He does not equip us to accomplish. You may, at the revelation, feel inclined to disbelieve it is to be your gift. Stick with Him...He knows what your abilities are even when you don't.

Praise Him for His faithfulness, love and mercy!

In His love,

Sammi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sammi!!

Let me apologize for taking so long to respond to your post.  I'm very sorry!!  Believe it or not I just saw it.

What a wonderful message you provided in your post, and I couldn't agree with you more!  We do have a loving FATHER who I believe gets tickled when we discovered some of the hidden gifts/talents HE's given us, but we find out about "later".  Of course we know it's really never to late to discover them.  I would love to see the smile on HIS face when HE's watching us act as if we're young kids on Xmas morning!! :crazy:

Is there any way to see your web pages/graphics you designed for HIM??  I'd love to see it, if so.  And I'm quite sure there are many others on this board who would like to also! :thumb:

I would! I would!

:crazy:

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/01/1992

ha ha! i just bumped this from page 456! sorry, i think that's cool!