Guest Young saint

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I think in my own life why i keep tripping and falling down is because I keep getting back up and haven't quit yet.

:24:

though a righteous man fall seven times the scriptures says you got get back up and try again God is there to help and after a little while you'll learn to see where the trip wires are and avoid them but we all fall down in our walks with the lord don't get discouraged because of this it is a process just allow God in your heart during these times of failure and let Him lift you back up again and keep praying to God for help and strength.

OC

Perhaps the 7 times was just in one day.. :24:

Anyhow amen..and the pivotal point being on seeking God to lift you up and grow you up and set you up !

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Today I sinned. But this is not the first time I sinned this way.... I have a problem that is bothering me and when the eurge to do it comes it's so hard to fight off because I have done this so many times.... why do we fall so hard that it's even harder to get up? Can we change this and stay standing? because honestly I am tired of falling to my back so many times! I read my bible and find only verses with sacrifies that I can not get. what should others and I do when this happens?

One of the most wonderful things the Lord gave us was His word. Promises to hold to in times of trial and temptation. Here are a few promises that you can stand on and victory is yours.

"If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive."

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but will make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1Cor10:13

"Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:6,14

"Therefore submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

"They over came him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death." Rev.

Study your Bible and learn that the Lord gave you promises to stand on during good times and bad. He sealed those promises with a yes, and amen. That means to the believer every promise in the Bible is yes to you, and amen seals it. The Lord is not a man that He should lie. If He said it, you can count on it. So the next time you are tempted with what you are struggling with, look at these promises, then say them our loud. Now believe what they say and hold tight to them.

We may stumble from time to time in this life, but Jesus promised to hold us up with His right hand. Put your hand in His and He will keep you from falling. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

No matter what the circumstance in our life, we have a promise to hold to.

Our thought life is very important. If a wrong thought comes to your mind replace it with a promise. One of those promises is, "Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established." Proverbs 16:3

Another promise is, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7

"If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." John 14:13-14

Ask Jesus to deliver you from whatever has you bound and cleanse you from that sin. He will. He's faithful that promised!!!

Guest tinklebelle

that's okay, i think sinning is part of the process of growing in christ. no christian who has a firm standing is there in one easy step. don't be discouraged. just ask for his forgiveness and know that he will be with you through your trials and temptations.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

When I came to know the Lord, for some reason the Lord delivered me from what we want to call "big" sins. Drinking, drugs...but then I started having trouble with seemingly stupid stuff that I thought should be easy to get over, NOT!! I do believe the trials we go through, (and they will be different for everyone), are to generally stengthen our FAITH in areas we are weak. We as humans have to be challenged, so to speak, to have faith in God. Also these trials show us we can have faith in HIM. We look at dumdbells as something to exercise our muscles, well trials are the same thing to exercise our spiritual muscles. It builds our faith each time God brings us through something, our faith grows!! Just lean on HIM and you will see victory in your life!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

A wise and holy man once told me, " when the reason not to sin, becomes stronger than the desire, we will over come the temptation."

Love for God will make the reason strong, and it is through his grace that we grow in love.

"God can not be grasped, except through love." Author of the "Cloud of Unknowing."

Prayer is the path of love. Without prayer, you can not know, love and serve God.

Guest crab nebula of b-36

saint, don't imagine God standing over your shoulder watching you, and don't avoid sin out of fear you'll bring something worse on yourself. that advice is silly and dangerous. it will distort your image of God until you imagine a cruel tyrant who is waiting for your failure.

you will continue to sin, it's part of life. that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you. you're still a Christian and HE is still holding on to you. it seems as if you're going at this on your own, one of the other posters commented on how God's promises are special(or something like that) and i think the most important one when it comes to continuing to commit the same sin is Philippians 2:12-14. that tells us that HE is working in us to accomplish his will.

as you continue to mature and grow in your faith you'll realize that you're a lot worse than you think you are, but God's grace is a lot bigger than you think it is.