IGNORED

is islam a peaceful religion?

Guest gofish

Guest Gladiator4God

Hmmmmmmm islam peaceful? i know where there are 2 holes in the ground that says its not, not saying that all muslims are crazies but its seems like there bent on ridding the world of us christian infidels

Guest feraline

The religion of islam is peaceful. The goals of it are peaceful. Yes there is a lot of violent things written in the Qur'an but if you read the Bible, especially the OT, you'll find many descriptions of violence as well as gods support for them. There are people of all religions who are not peaceful and who don't care about others. They allow their beliefs to blind them and make them feel superior, to the point where they think they need to take drastic action for god. Some muslims have done this recently. They believe their views so strongly that they will die for them. However the real religion is not responsible, nor is it when people blow up abortion clinics or beat up homosexuals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I believe the religion of Islam itself is peaceful, yet those who have terrorized us say it was their religion that made them do so. They believed that dying the martyers death would put them in paradise. Christians do this on a lesser scale by blowing up abortion clincs, killing Athiests, and killing doctors. The only difference I see between Christianity and Islam is that Christians serve the one true God. I have knowen a few Muslims in my day and they were peaceful people. False teaching is what causes the most death!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

Now I HAVE studied a lot about the muslims.. and know several .... The ones i know are mostly ex muslims though they aer now christians.... praise be to the LORD GOD. BUT THAT IS ANOTHER STORY

MY good friend joptran is an exmuslim...... he calls the quran the devils book....... He has nothing good to say about it.....

now i will agrue about the islamic religion being peaceful.. according to the quran itis not........

The main goal of the islamic religion is to take over the world nomatter what it takes..... war peace or what ever.....

now the taliban people are fundementalist ...... they stick to the QURAN STRICTLY....... do they sound peaceful

Look at that is happening around the world.... muslims are causing terrorism to grow.....

The BIBLE describes the tribe of ishmeal as a crazy people .... they actually are wild and unpredictable...... ...

look at what is going on in iraq right now....... who is causing al of the trouble the muslims

IS IT A RELIGION OF PEACE NOWAY

IT IS OF THE DEVIL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I remember Billy Graham's son on TV right after 911, saying that the terrorists could have actually been following the qu'ran (koran) because it DOES say in there that it is okay to kill the infidels.

Beating your wife is a last option, but it still is allowable to beat your wife. I wouldn't call that peaceful either.

• 3 weeks later...

You know it's quite offensive when christians compare the Bible to the Koran. The Bible does have violence in it, but it does not tell us to go out and kill anyone who does not agree with our religious views. Before you start to compare them you should read them both. The Koran starts out non-violent and on the way through something happens, it becomes very violent and then goes on to instruct those who follow it to acts of violence against anyone who does not follow their way of life. You have to consider the entire thing.

The Bible does have violence in it mainly because God is dealing with man who has a sinful nature. But the Bible does completely the opposite of the Koran which is instead of heating up in a rage it brings on Jesus who instructs that the highest order of things is love of God, and our felllow man even if he is our enemy. They are complete opposites in style and writ and in no way can be compared except to say one is dark and one is light. This is such a huge thing because if christians cannot acknowledge there is something wrong with that belief system than we are in effect saying they don't need us, they are not in need of Christ. As far as those who are taking it upon themselves to kill others in the name of Christ are not obviously following Christ. That only gets a big Duh! They are actually showing a great lack of faith by taking matters into their own hands and using God to justify it. Bad move on their part, but certainly not an example of what all christians are.

The bottom line is though that it really doesn't matter if Islam is a peaceful religion or not. The Koran is very specific about not believing in Christ as the Son of God, as the Messiah. So therefore how they do or don't conduct themselves in this physical realm is redundant because they do not believe in the Christ and therefore are wrong regardless of how they act.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

Guest Teh Wiccan

Islam is a peaceful Religion. The violent acts in the Quran terrorist groups use to justify their actions are used out of context.

There are extremist groups in nearly every religion... The extremists are the people making those two holes in the ground, NOT your average follower that religion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

Is islam a violent religion?

Well, the koran COMMANDS its followers to go out and KILL THE INFIDEL.

Infidell-anyone not following Islam

You decide.