• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Why not tell your children about Saint Nicholas- whom Santa Claus was named after- legends abound and it is sickening to see the commercializing of this great martyr- that way you are not lying plus incorporating Santa into the true Christmas story.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

here is a cute story I got emailed to me

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma. I was just a kid. I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her on the day my big sister dropped the bomb: "There is no Santa Claus," she jeered. "Even dummies know that!"

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been. I fled to her that day because I knew she would be straight with me. I knew Grandma always told the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down a whole lot easier when swallowed with one of her "world-famous" cinnamon buns. I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so.

It had to be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her everything. She was ready for me. "No Santa Claus?" She snorted...."Ridiculous! Don't believe it. That rumor has been going around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!! Now, put on your coat, and let's go."

"Go? Go where, Grandma?" I asked. I hadn't even finished my second world-famous cinnamon bun.

"Where" turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town that had a ! little b it of just about everything. As we walked through its doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars.

That was a bundle in those days. "Take this money," she said, "and buy something for someone who needs it. I'll wait for you in the car. "Then she turned and walked out of Kerby's.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother, but never had I shopped for anything all by myself.

The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping. For a few moments I just stood there, confused, clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and who on earth to buy it for. I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my friend s , my neighbors, the kids at school, and the people who went to my church.

I was just about thought out, when I suddenly thought of Bobby Decker. He was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in Mrs. Pollock's grade-two class.

Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out to recess during the winter. His mother always wrote a note, telling the teacher that he had a cough, but all we kids knew that Bobby Decker didn't have a cough; he didn't have a good coat. I fingered the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bo bby Decker a coat!

I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked real warm, and he would like that.

"Is this a Christmas present for someone?" the lady behind the counter asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied shyly. "It's for Bobby."

The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag, smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.

That evening, Grandma helped me wrap the coat (a little tag fell out of the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible) in Christmas paper and ribbons and wrote, "To Bobby, From Santa Claus" on it. Grandma said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever officially, one of Santa's helpers.

Grandma parked down the street from Bobby's house, and she and I crept noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk.

Then Grandma gave me a nudge. "All right, Santa Claus," she whispered, "get going." I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes and Grandma.

Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to open. Finally it did, and there stood Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering, beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.

That night , I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were just what Grandma said they were: ridiculous. Santa was alive and well, and we were on his team. I still have the Bible, with the coat tag tucked inside: $19.95.

May you always have LOVE to share, HEALTH to spare and FRIENDS that care....

And may you always believe in the magic of Santa Claus!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Let us all remember that Satan is the master of deception, it even says in the Bible that Anti-Christ will be so good at it that if it were possible he would even deceive the very elect. Anything or anyone that tempts us to take our eyes off Christ and His Word is of deception and Satan. Christmas is about the Birth of Christ Jesus not a deception of Satan called Santa. If St. Nick. saw today what it has turned into I dare say he too would be appalled. Either you believe the Word of the Lord or you don't, as we all know you cannot serve God and mammon too. Is not Jesus Christ enough a reason to celebrate Christmas or He doesn't quite fit the bill? Shall we all teach our children about the "goodness" of Harry Potter too, why not bring that deception into Christmas too. Magic and witchcraft. We already have the magic of Santa, not to mention elves from Norse mythology (false deities). I dare say the Apostle Paul today if here would tell you all this is something that a true believer would put far from him or her in obedience to Christ and His Word.

I pray you may come to the wisdom and knowledge of His Word,and decide to obey him and not the vain traditions of men. As Paul said "Am I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?" Others here have also spoken the truth concerning this deception either you accept the truth or reject it and continue to replace it with Satan's deceptions and lies continuing to make excuses as you go.

When the Lord was here on earth did he use Santa or elves or other figures to draw the children unto him? No the children came unto Him alone in their wonderous innocence and He loved them, they accepted Him for Him alone, The Lord.

Merry "Christ"mas!

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Pro 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

Edited by 53Christian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,867
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Let us all remember that Satan is the master of deception, it even says in the Bible that Anti-Christ will be so good at it that if it were possible he would even deceive the very elect. Anything or anyone that tempts us to take our eyes off Christ and His Word is of deception and Satan. Christmas is about the Birth of Christ Jesus not a deception of Satan called Santa. If St. Nick. saw today what it has turned into I dare say he too would be appalled. Either you believe the Word of the Lord or you don't, as we all know you cannot serve God and mammon too. Is not Jesus Christ enough a reason to celebrate Christmas or He doesn't quite fit the bill? Shall we all teach our children about the "goodness" of Harry Potter too, why not bring that deception into Christmas too. Magic and witchcraft. We already have the magic of Santa, not to mention elves from Norse mythology (false deities). I dare say the Apostle Paul today if here would tell you all this is something that a true believer would put far from him or her in obedience to Christ and His Word.

I pray you may come to the wisdom and knowledge of His Word,and decide to obey him and not the vain traditions of men. As Paul said "Am I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?" Others here have also spoken the truth concerning this deception either you accept the truth or reject it and continue to replace it with Satan's deceptions and lies continuing to make excuses as you go.

When the Lord was here on earth did he use Santa or elves or other figures to draw the children unto him? No the children came unto Him alone in their wonderous innocence and He loved them, they accepted Him for Him alone, The Lord.

Merry "Christ"mas!

Pro 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

I agree.

Kick the Red imposter out. Jesus IS enough to celebrate Christmas, and He does fit the bill.

Merry Christmas.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Merry "Christ"mas!

Gosh golly geez! I guess that cult of Santa worshippers is growing, eh? Yeah, we must set out to expose Santa, the next Jim Jones! Honestly, let's be real here. I was told about Santa as a kid and, like most kids, I had enough common sense to figure out that there was not a guy who came down the chimney, etc. I saw it for what it was-harmless fun.

If we're going to take away Santa from children, then we must next take away Popeye! Popeye propogates a lie in saying that if one eats spinach they will gain ultimate strength! Why maybe that's even a deception from Satan himself! :P Next we take away Looney Tunes. How many times did characters on there such as Bugs and Daffy endure being blasted from a gun and then came right back fresh and clean? Heaven forbid that children believe such a fable! Yes, Tom and Jerry must go as well; Tom was all the time being beat up by the mouse or by the bulldog and he came right back fresh and new! Oh yeah, these things must be done with away with for they're full of evil!

We can also do away with Superman and The Lone Ranger; they are some sort of evil spawn of Satan himself trying to imitate Christ, so they must go as well!!! :)

When we're done with that, we must take away Veggie Tales as well! Why, you ask? Simple! You said that Jesus didn't need Santa to draw the kids to Him (and He doesn't-on that we agree) so why do we need Biblical based cartoons?

If you believe that it is wrong to tell children about Santa Claus, that's all well and fine and I will back you up 110% on that belief! However, it seems to never fail that at this time of the year there are those who come on here pointing their legalistic fingers and trying to condemn everyone to Hell. You know what? You do more to HARM the cause of Christ than to help it! When you start adding rules and regulations (it seems the Apostle Paul talked about this as well) you are adding a yoke of burden that isn't meant to be carried! Christ said His yoke was easy and His burden light, but when you start preaching your beliefs as gospel truth, you're adding to that burden something that was not meant to be. How would you feel if you stood before Christ and He told you that by pushing legalistic beliefs on someone that they turned away from Him and went to Hell? Please, if you feel the need to say something, do it in love and don't try to push it on people!

Merry "Christ"mas!

Gosh golly geez! I guess that cult of Santa worshippers is growing, eh? Yeah, we must set out to expose Santa, the next Jim Jones! Honestly, let's be real here. I was told about Santa as a kid and, like most kids, I had enough common sense to figure out that there was not a guy who came down the chimney, etc. I saw it for what it was-harmless fun.

If we're going to take away Santa from children, then we must next take away Popeye! Popeye propogates a lie in saying that if one eats spinach they will gain ultimate strength! Why maybe that's even a deception from Satan himself! :P Next we take away Looney Tunes. How many times did characters on there such as Bugs and Daffy endure being blasted from a gun and then came right back fresh and clean? Heaven forbid that children believe such a fable! Yes, Tom and Jerry must go as well; Tom was all the time being beat up by the mouse or by the bulldog and he came right back fresh and new! Oh yeah, these things must be done with away with for they're full of evil!

We can also do away with Superman and The Lone Ranger; they are some sort of evil spawn of Satan himself trying to imitate Christ, so they must go as well!!! :)

When we're done with that, we must take away Veggie Tales as well! Why, you ask? Simple! You said that Jesus didn't need Santa to draw the kids to Him (and He doesn't-on that we agree) so why do we need Biblical based cartoons?

If you believe that it is wrong to tell children about Santa Claus, that's all well and fine and I will back you up 110% on that belief! However, it seems to never fail that at this time of the year there are those who come on here pointing their legalistic fingers and trying to condemn everyone to Hell. You know what? You do more to HARM the cause of Christ than to help it! When you start adding rules and regulations (it seems the Apostle Paul talked about this as well) you are adding a yoke of burden that isn't meant to be carried! Christ said His yoke was easy and His burden light, but when you start preaching your beliefs as gospel truth, you're adding to that burden something that was not meant to be. How would you feel if you stood before Christ and He told you that by pushing legalistic beliefs on someone that they turned away from Him and went to Hell? Please, if you feel the need to say something, do it in love and don't try to push it on people!

In all honesty, Ronald, I'm just concerned that every advert or depiction on TV shows Santa. NOTHING about Christ.

Happy CHRISTmas!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Merry "Christ"mas!

Yeah Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

You are so right and all of this "damage" done to children blah, blah, blah. People that wont let them be kids and have fun and use their imagination do more damage IMO, lets take away all of the wonder and excitement of being a child. After all the "real" world will treat them so much better after they have to become adults.

Merry "Christ"mas!

Yeah Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

You are so right and all of this "damage" done to children blah, blah, blah. People that wont let them be kids and have fun and use their imagination do more damage IMO, lets take away all of the wonder and excitement of being a child. After all the "real" world will treat them so much better after they have to become adults.

I can only re-state what I said earlier:

In all honesty, Ronald, I'm just concerned that every advert or depiction on TV shows Santa. NOTHING about Christ.

Happy CHRISTmas!

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Merry "Christ"mas!

Happy CHRISTmas!

I see your point as far as that goes and I will agree with you; Christ should be our focus. However, that does not make Santa Claus evil simply because people are focusing on him. If I can make a comparison, I like to hear Elvis sing. There are factions out there who treat Elvis as if he were some sort of a god. Does that make him evil? No! It's the same thing with Santa; the evil lies not with the character of Santa, but with those who place him on a pedastal instead of Christ.

Merry "Christ"mas!

Happy CHRISTmas!

I see your point as far as that goes and I will agree with you; Christ should be our focus. However, that does not make Santa Claus evil simply because people are focusing on him. If I can make a comparison, I like to hear Elvis sing. There are factions out there who treat Elvis as if he were some sort of a god. Does that make him evil? No! It's the same thing with Santa; the evil lies not with the character of Santa, but with those who place him on a pedastal instead of Christ.

I can certainly agree with that, Ronald.

Seems to me, though, that TOO MANY people are placing Santa on a pedestal, whilst at the same time ignoring Christ.

It is OUR job to lift CHRIST up :P