• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The Incredible Hulk and Thor did a movie together-does that make my Hulk evil? :thumbsup:

BTW, Popeye, after eating his spinach, could whip Santa Claus! Oops, if I tell my kids about Popeye, they might think he's real too! :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I really dont know what to think of all this. For one thing I dont consider Santa Claus real and I dont think people worship him, but it could be true. Some of this article seems to be drawing at straws though. I mean all these anagrams. You could find those a million places, and when you start looking for that you could end up paranoid. If you take the first and last letter off of the word "Worthy" as in Worthy chat. You get Orth which could be an anagram for Thor. But thats not all people. Orth is also one letter shy of spelling North where Santa lives. So is Worhty chat connected to the whole fiasco?

I really dont know what to think of all this. For one thing I dont consider Santa Claus real and I dont think people worship him, but it could be true. Some of this article seems to be drawing at straws though. I mean all these anagrams. You could find those a million places, and when you start looking for that you could end up paranoid. If you take the first and last letter off of the word "Worthy" as in Worthy chat. You get Orth which could be an anagram for Thor. But thats not all people. Orth is also one letter shy of spelling North where Santa lives. So is Worhty chat connected to the whole fiasco?

:thumbsup::blink::hmmm::noidea::b:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/30/1941

I will never understand why christians tell their children that there is a santa.

I know not all christians do but a large number do. As you have said this is teaching your kids to lie. Kids do what they learn from their parents when they are small. I did my best to teach my girls the truth.They enjoyed christmass but they know that it was not all about santa.There may not be a santa but the stors sure make a killing off of him.

I will never understand why christians tell their children that there is a santa.

I know not all christians do but a large number do. As you have said this is teaching your kids to lie. Kids do what they learn from their parents when they are small. I did my best to teach my girls the truth.They enjoyed christmass but they know that it was not all about santa.There may not be a santa but the stors sure make a killing off of him.

I don't think there's a thing wrong with Santa. I must admit I felt convicted about actually making out that he was a real, living being and I won't do that anymore. However, on a fun note, I see nothing wrong with Santa, no more than a cartoon of Popeye, Bugs Bunny, etc. I just don't see the harm! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, I think Santa as an occult figure has little meaning because even if he did originate as that people certainly are not seeing him as that person and worshipping him. That's kind of hard to explain. But its like this thing someon told me about yoga exercises. And I dont mean their spiritual beliefs. But the physical positions which are basically stretching exercises. They are quite good for the body, but someone tried to tell me that the positions (often named after animals they resemble) were done in honour and in worship of those animals. As a physical exercise though I think thats really irrelevant right. I mean you could do a stretching exercise in honour of a gorilla if you want, or you can just touch your toes cuz you want to be supple. But on the other hand I think it would be pretty cool if people didnt make up these things to tell their kids. Kids love the truth. They dont always tell it, but they like hearing it as much as you do. And also Santa as a cultural figure does distract from the real meaning of Christmas. And even though businesses use Santa and lots of ads to lure us into making some pretty big transactions, they have a right to do so. We have a right to say no to our kids when it gets to the point where we are stepping over fellow shoppers and beating them to get the last Tickle Me Elmo.

We have a right to say no to our kids when it gets to the point where we are stepping over fellow shoppers and beating them to get the last Tickle Me Elmo.
:whistling::blink::ph34r::blink::24::24::48::48:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,867
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

We have a right to say no to our kids when it gets to the point where we are stepping over fellow shoppers and beating them to get the last Tickle Me Elmo.
:24::24::48::48::rofl::rofl::24::24:

A RIGHT?

Did you say we have a RIGHT to say no to our kids?

Well, I forgot, you've never met my kids, have you? :blink:

:(:whistling::ph34r::blink:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Here is the scripture that we are held accountable to. There is no 'qualifier' in it as to our intentions or that it wasn't done in malice, or that it was done for 'fun.' God does not differentiate in these scriptures. So, we best take it exactly as He says it and be careful in how we teach our children and playing out a lie with them that will cause them to struggle to find their ability to trust again - all the sins those children commit we will be held accountable for. We may be forgiven and exempt from the wrath of God but as Christians, we are still held to a level of accountability and I may not understand it, but we are told that somehow - our behavior as Christinas will affect our eternity. Does anyone doubt that we are held accountable for our behavior as Christians? You guys can laugh it off all you want - but fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Here are the scriptures about children:

Matthew 18:6

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Mark 9:42

[ Causing to Sin ] "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.

Luke 17:2

It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

Here is the scripture that we are held accountable to. There is no 'qualifier' in it as to our intentions or that it wasn't done in malice, or that it was done for 'fun.' God does not differentiate in these scriptures. So, we best take it exactly as He says it and be careful in how we teach our children and playing out a lie with them that will cause them to struggle to find their ability to trust again - all the sins those children commit we will be held accountable for. We may be forgiven and exempt from the wrath of God but as Christians, we are still held to a level of accountability and I may not understand it, but we are told that somehow - our behavior as Christinas will affect our eternity. Does anyone doubt that we are held accountable for our behavior as Christians? You guys can laugh it off all you want - but fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Here are the scriptures about children:

Matthew 18:6

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Mark 9:42

[ Causing to Sin ] "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.

Luke 17:2

It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

Agreed, but how does Santa Claus cause a little one to sin? I believed that eating spinach would make me strong like Popeye; I didn't quit believing in Christ simply because spinach didn't make me strong, lol! I'm sorry, but I see no difference there.