• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

When it comes to tithing, offering, and the benfits thereof...many people will turn a blind eye. Below are a few comments about my position about money and wealth....comment if you will

God has plans to prosper us...there are more verses in the Bible relating to money than i can count. There are numerous scriptures relating to the blessings that God has in store for us. I am currently reading a book by Brian Houston.....Hill Song Pastor - Australia - Titled "you need more money"....too many overly religious Christians view money and the benefits of it has sinful this is not true. The question we need to ask ourself iis are we a Hoarder, A Spender or a user....read the scriptures about the Prodigal son again with this revelation....you will clearly see who belongs in which catogeory. The reason why it takes longer for some people to get the finer things in life is because the fundamental principles of giving is not adhered to. Give and it shall be given unto you pressed down shaken together ...running over. The bible also gives us a clear choice...behold i place before you blessings and cursings...so do not feel guilty in what you have rather use it to benefit those that do not have and be a generous giver. I pray that you receive more as you give more.....IN THE MEASURE YOU GIVE IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Why does "blessings" always equal money :noidea: I have many blessings:

My children, my husband, a roof over my head, a pillow to lay my head on at night, food in the fridge and cupboards, health, friends, contentment, peace.

I could go on but I think I made my point.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

My opinion only:

Listen if your giving money with the belief you will get a "blessing" of more money in return then your motives are not selfless...

As I said above "blessings" does NOT equal "money"

Of course the Lord our Father will bless us if we give, not only money but time and food, clothing etc...but I would rather be blessed with say health rather than wealth...

As I said my opinion. :noidea:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest Thomas I Believe
My opinion only:

Listen if your giving money with the belief you will get a "blessing" of more money in return then your motives are not selfless...

As I said above "blessings" does NOT equal "money"

Of course the Lord our Father will bless us if we give, not only money but time and food, clothing etc...but I would rather be blessed with say health rather than wealth...

As I said my opinion. :blink:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

:noidea: Amen Sis !! Blessings we receive from God are many. Money is such a small blessing compared to the peace and Love our Lord gives freely gives to us. Each day the gift of breath is a blessing. Our car starting in the morning or a safe drive to church on sunday are blessings too.Watching our children grow up and suceed are blessings. Our health as you mentioned is a huge blessing. It is true we all need to money to live, but if we trust in God He will make possible everything that we need.

Post grip : we all have had tough times with money, well most of us. One thing ive learned to do is have patience and instead of bouncing off the walls(used to do that) God has taught me to take a deep breath, be patient, trust Him and know that everything will be ok. a few times that i can remember, my needs were met, when i did all of the above, the money i needed was made available and usually it was more then i needed. :24: God is always right on time ! But remember its His timing not ours... :taped:

:emot-crying: This doctrine of a hundred fold return on "money" is false.

And being ex-believer in this doctrine...I can tell you this...I used to say I was in abundance too...I would keep saying it to myself and to others...because that is what the pastor taught you to do...if you were having money problems...don't say it...otherwise it demeans your faith and God won't bless you...hmmmmmm sounds more like lying to me. :emot-crying:

Praise God for showing me blessings were sooooo much more than money...Peace, hope and love...etc...are the true blessings..... :emot-crying:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

I agree with Angel... blessings don't always mean 'money'. Tithing is important, though. My views on tithing (just because yours is different doesn't mean it's wrong ^__~) is that anything you give to charity is part of your tithing. (Example: 5% of income to church, 1% to school system, 2% to homeless, 1% to library). The point is to have a generous spirit, and not to tithe just because the Bible says to-- if you obey with your head and not your heart, it's hypocrisy.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The question we need to ask ourself iis are we a Hoarder, A Spender or a user....read the scriptures about the Prodigal son again with this revelation....you will clearly see who belongs in which catogeory.

:emot-pray: Taking the parable of the Prodigal son to talk about money. O-o-o-k-a-a-a-ay :emot-hug:

The question we need to ask ourself iis are we a Hoarder, A Spender or a user....read the scriptures about the Prodigal son again with this revelation....you will clearly see who belongs in which catogeory.

:blink: Taking the parable of the Prodigal son to talk about money. O-o-o-k-a-a-a-ay :hmmm:

:thumbsup: I always advise people who believe in this to NOT just read the verse the pastor gives you and run with it...you need to read the WHOLE chapter....

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

I agree with Angel... blessings don't always mean 'money'. Tithing is important, though. My views on tithing (just because yours is different doesn't mean it's wrong ^__~) is that anything you give to charity is part of your tithing. (Example: 5% of income to church, 1% to school system, 2% to homeless, 1% to library). The point is to have a generous spirit, and not to tithe just because the Bible says to-- if you obey with your head and not your heart, it's hypocrisy.

10% of your income needs to go to the church this is a biblical law. Whatever else you give is part of your offering....