IGNORED

Women: Where Do You Draw The Line On Looks?

Akiko

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

After seeing such a divisive attitude I now understand why Paul told the women to keep silent in the church.

:whistling:

Yes we should all sit at your feet, in utter silence and listen to the pearls of wisdom that drop from your lips................................... :whistling:

Ooops, I mean yeah right!

:mgqueen:

:P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

After seeing such a divisive attitude I now understand why Paul told the women to keep silent in the church.

Yes we should all sit at your feet, in utter silence and listen to the pearls of wisdom that drop from your lips................................... :whistling:

I was just playing around...but with comments such as the above, you are helping to make that joke look more like an accuracy...

:mgqueen:

I was just playing around...but with comments such as the above, you are helping to make that joke look more like an accuracy...

No big deal. ^__^ Humor among brothers and sisters in Christ. :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

My brother always says there's a little bit of truth behind every "joke" or comment made in jest. Making general comments is sometimes fun if everyone knows your intent. Often though, it's better not to make jokes at someone else's expense unless you're SURE they know where you're coming from and you're positive they will not be offended.

Just a little word of advice before all the "joking" gets out of hand. :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

Akiko,

Well, in social extremes like those, where a "specialized dress (not a dress-dress, but over all dressing)" is often the manifestation of a Social belief, such as Punk being traditionally anti-government, anti-authority etc. etc., it is wise to heed the advice of the Father when He warns Israel "not to be like the heathens". Christians are supposed to think, feel, believe, and LOOK different than the world and its extremes. Paul writes often that we aren't to "cause our brother to sin" just as was commanded in the Law... and I'd have problems with someone dressing up Punk and trying to represent a body of believers that is essentially, Anti-Punk (meaning, all for supporting the Government in righteousness, and clinging to order and common justice for all). Because what other weaker believers will think of those dressing in the extremes of "Goth", "Punk", "Mortalic", aren't believers because of the outward image they give. Just like when I first came to the knowledge of Christ... I had a mohawk (because I'm by Blood, a Native American, and it was a Tribal Custom of identifying oneself as a Man), and walked into a reform traditionalist Church (not naming names) with a friend, and when I felt the pressure was too intense, I walked out and they jumped up and ran to my friend (who was dressed normal) and told him "You don't have to go with him, you can still serve the L-rd". But yet I myself was the only believer among the two of us.

Your outer image can cause others to fall when they "bear false whitness" against the Spirit within you. While Paul says we have a certain freedom (misconstrued by some here), He doesn't mean it's universal, because if we cause our brother or sister to sin, we have sinned. Therefore that freedom becomes Law that we do not allow ourselves to be the instrument in which a weaker believer falls. Paul states about eating meats, that if it "Offends my brother, I will never eat meat again." yet there are those "Christian" "Women" out there that wear short outfits and lowcut shirts and have no qualms about leading weaker men into sin... yet use the excuse "I have freedom and liberty through Christ". (Using example of what I've seen personally, not aiming this at those who have said that here.) In which philosophically, their "freedom" is their "bondage to sin".

For you, I'd suggest weighing in the benefits and possible cons of going in an extrme direction. Is your own image and style really worth causing someone weaker to make false assumptions and false judgements about you, therefore leading them into sin? If you love your neighbor as yourself, and seek that your brothers and sisters in Christ live a pure and Holy Life, then you will take up your Cross and sacrifice your need to display your "self image", rather than sacrifice the Lambs to the Wolves.

I had something else I wanted to say, but I got distracted by my Mormon friends at the door.

Oh ya...

One of the most horrible things we can do, is incite hate and adversity in our bretheren against ourselves. Jesus taught that if we truly want to bring our sacrifices and offerings to the Father, that we must be reconciled to the best of our ability to those whome harbor ill will against us. Those that see you as unbelieving and faithless because of your outter image, will be locked into disliking you or even hating you, and effectively cutting them off from G-d. (Review letters of John about hating one's brother, and Jesus' teachings on being reconciled to a brother, and His teachings on forgiving others to be forgiven)

Such a thing we should not even dabble with. It is spoke of when Jesus uses the parable about "Leading these little ones to sin", in which it is better to have a large millstone tied to one's neck and sent to the bottom of the sea.

But one last thing. We cannot be fully responsible for the actions and thoughts of others for merely existing. If you try your best to be modest and respectful to mankind and not incite hate, violence, envy, lust, then it is beyond yourself to be responsible for them. For in the case of lust, some even find animals sexually attractive. So what is there to do of men of such perversion? Carry your cross, live pure, and be a whitness in all things to them. If they continue on in their ways, their blood is on their hands. (review Paul's admonision to warn a sinner when in sin, OT Law and NT Teaching on rebuking the sinner for their sake... etc.)

In closing... live pure, be pure. Righteousness is eternal.

Shalom

Edited by Naziyr

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

:whistling: Har de har har har...

Naziyr: Wise words, friend.