• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I agree that it would probably be locked soon, SW

Does that answer the question, though?

Why is it that you seem to be so distant and defensive? I am not your enemy. I am a Christian. If you are truly willing to involve yourself in a debate I will be more than happy to hear you, and respond.

I got such a response on an atheist forum, I don't expect to get the same response on a Christian forum. I am NOT an enemy of the US, or Britain, or anyone else. How many more times to I have to say it?

All I am looking for is reasoned argument for people believing what they believe.

I am not being defensive in the least. I tried to tell you if you post nutter conspriracy stuff the thread will be closed. You keep saying "important issues need to be addressed" but then you bring up silly stuff. And I never said you were an enemy of anything.

sw

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,844
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Ok, StWorm, we agree to disagree, let's leave it there

• Group:  Diamond Member

I have no idea what we are even disagreeing about!!!!!!

sw

sw

What we are disagreeing about, SW, is that our leaders may not be all they're cracked up to be.

We are warned about great deceptions in the last days, maybe this could extend to so called nationalism. We brits are not so eager to salute the 'flag' as you Americans are.

No offense meant. Time will tell.

sw

What we are disagreeing about, SW, is that our leaders may not be all they're cracked up to be.

We are warned about great deceptions in the last days, maybe this could extend to so called nationalism. We brits are not so eager to salute the 'flag' as you Americans are.

I take no offense but I see nothing terribly unbiblical about patriotism. Further, why are you so sure we are in the "last days"? There is no basis for that view. Once again you are not engaging me in specific policies by either Bush or Blair. I sense you are reading some things that are leading you away from the truth. The only things you have mentioned are conspiracy related ideas and that is revealing of your mindset.

sw

sw

I take no offense but I see nothing terribly unbiblical about patriotism. Further, why are you so sure we are in the "last days"? There is no basis for that view. Once again you are not engaging me in specific policies by either Bush or Blair. I sense you are reading some things that are leading you away from the truth. The only things you have mentioned are conspiracy related ideas and that is revealing of your mindset.

sw

But, StWorm, Christians have always been taught that we are living in the last days.

As for patriotism, I've nothing against it. I just think that where patriotism supercedes our requirements as Christians, our faith in Christ should come first, as should our loyalty.

All I'm saying regarding the other stuff is, until we know and can demonstrate for sure that we are in the right, and we are not being deceived, we should at least band together and weigh up the possible options

sw

sw

But, StWorm, Christians have always been taught that we are living in the last days.

As for patriotism, I've nothing against it. I just think that where patriotism supercedes our requirements as Christians, our faith in Christ should come first, as should our loyalty.

All I'm saying regarding the other stuff is, until we know and can demonstrate for sure that we are in the right, and we are not being deceived, we should at least band together and weigh up the possible options

What are some examples where you believe that patriotism and policy have taken precedence over our Christian requirements? Also the last days means different things to different people. To some it means the return of Jesus is imminent. There is no evidence for that view since only God knows when that will happen.

sw

OK, StWorm, first of all, let me say that I am not willing to get myself involved in a heated debate with you. We are all true believers in Christ - if not, then you or I should leave.

Re: skull and bones:

Please tell me what policies of the President you think have been effected by that membership? Its basically a fraternity. You realize if you do this stuff the thread will be locked soon.

sw

And is the skull and bones society a society that our so-called Christian leaders should become involved in? Do you really think that a person of Bush's standing could become involved in something so antiChristian, and yet still presume to have the necessary qualifications to lead a Christian country?

Pray tell, StWorm, I, for one, am willing to listen and to learn from you, as, I suppose, are so many others on this Christian forum

OK, StWorm, first of all, let me say that I am not willing to get myself involved in a heated debate with you. We are all true believers in Christ - if not, then you or I should leave.

Re: skull and bones:

Please tell me what policies of the President you think have been effected by that membership? Its basically a fraternity. You realize if you do this stuff the thread will be locked soon.

sw

And is the skull and bones society a society that our so-called Christian leaders should become involved in? Do you really think that a person of Bush's standing could become involved in something so antiChristian, and yet still presume to have the necessary qualifications to lead a Christian country?

Pray tell, StWorm, I, for one, am willing to listen and to learn from you, as, I suppose, are so many others on this Christian forum

Two things. I don't know exactly what Skull and Bones does or means as a fraternity. Does being involved in it disqualify you from being a Christian? Second I also don't believe Bush was a Christian while in college. Once again you refuse to discuss specific issues and are drifting back into the nutter stuff. Finally I don't know that we qualify as a Christian country whatever that means. We are a constitutional republic, not a theocracy.

sw

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

President Bush has done some things that were wrong in his past but since college, he has become a Christian and his past is wiped clean as far as God is concerned.

I think if God has wiped it clean that maybe you should as well.