Observer of dreams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want to write this. I don't want to write anything right now. I am very deppresed. It stemmed from being bored, and lonely. I can't help but wonder sometimes if I am the only one in the world That can....nevermind I don't want t o finish that. I just feel down you know? It is as if something is physically rendering me incapable of feeling good about myself. I know I have done wrong, but it just gets to me sometimes. I think back to when I have sinned and how I had a shot at the good life and blew it. I feel hopeless and unworthy of Gods' grace. I know feelings are irrational alot of the time, but that doesn't stop me from having them. I mean I I'm not a robot. I think I need to pray about this. I get like this from time to time. I think about my brush with death and the pain I have caused others. I feel unworthy because I know God will forgive me. I think to myself "How could I deserve anything from God or Jesus. Why would they waste their time on me. I don't really accomplish much. I eat, sleep, work, and...well I wont add the last one since this is the christian forums. What is my problem? Why can't I just be happy with myself? I always have to focus on the negative, well not always, but most of the time. I might just feel like this because my fiance is out of town, and I can't talk to her. It's around 1:30am and...I don't know whatever maybe I should just pray and go to sleep I might feel better tommorrow....goodnight.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Its always good to sleep off a depression. Wake up & feel better w/ a new start for a new day.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Who did Jesus go to? The prostitutes, lepers, and tax collectors, most of whom were theives, and the first man to be spared by the life of Jesus was an insurrectionist and a murderer. And when the woman caught in the very act of adultery was brought to Jesus, and none stayed to condemn her, Jesus said to her: "neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more".

The command is "rejoice".

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Maybe the universe is irrational & beyond our comprehension of understanding or intended to not understand.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I don't want to write this. I don't want to write anything right now. I am very deppresed. It stemmed from being bored, and lonely. I can't help but wonder sometimes if I am the only one in the world That can....nevermind I don't want t o finish that. I just feel down you know? It is as if something is physically rendering me incapable of feeling good about myself. I know I have done wrong, but it just gets to me sometimes. I think back to when I have sinned and how I had a shot at the good life and blew it. I feel hopeless and unworthy of Gods' grace. I know feelings are irrational alot of the time, but that doesn't stop me from having them. I mean I I'm not a robot. I think I need to pray about this. I get like this from time to time. I think about my brush with death and the pain I have caused others. I feel unworthy because I know God will forgive me. I think to myself "How could I deserve anything from God or Jesus. Why would they waste their time on me. I don't really accomplish much. I eat, sleep, work, and...well I wont add the last one since this is the christian forums. What is my problem? Why can't I just be happy with myself? I always have to focus on the negative, well not always, but most of the time. I might just feel like this because my fiance is out of town, and I can't talk to her. It's around 1:30am and...I don't know whatever maybe I should just pray and go to sleep I might feel better tommorrow....goodnight.

I'm praying for the both of us. I feel the same. Never look back. Look forward. We have nowhere to go but up.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Depression, whatever its cause, is common, even among those who have most cause to rejoice: those whose sins are forgiven. It sounds like the mental habits of a lifetime are working against you, stealing your joy and peace in Christ. I recommend a little Scriptural discipline to help you combat those habits:

...whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things...and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

This is not an attempt to pull yourself out of a funk in your own strength. It is a matter of changing your habitual, natural mindset to a Godly, transformed mindset (Romans 12:1-2), and it may take a while. Overnight, miraculous changes are indeed wonderful, but God has called us to be DISCIPLES: people exercising discipline day by day. Gladly, He has not left us helpless or hopeless in this struggle.

...But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:14

This is not meant to minimalize the problems of anyone who suffers from clinical depression, but to offer help to those of us who struggle from time to time.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Depression, whatever its cause, is common, even among those who have most cause to rejoice: those whose sins are forgiven. It sounds like the mental habits of a lifetime are working against you, stealing your joy and peace in Christ. I recommend a little Scriptural discipline to help you combat those habits:

...whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things...and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

This is not an attempt to pull yourself out of a funk in your own strength. It is a matter of changing your habitual, natural mindset to a Godly, transformed mindset (Romans 12:1-2), and it may take a while. Overnight, miraculous changes are indeed wonderful, but God has called us to be DISCIPLES: people exercising discipline day by day. Gladly, He has not left us helpless or hopeless in this struggle.

...But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:14

This is not meant to minimalize the problems of anyone who suffers from clinical depression, but to offer help to those of us who struggle from time to time.

Thank you rfw :) All these posts today are so timely. I wonder if the enemy is at work here, more than our problems are? It seems to me that a quite a few of us are struggleing with some kind of depression here.

I come against all these intruders in Jesus' name and the Lord have His way in our lives, Amen

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/25/1965

Observer of Dreams,

Depression is what we call in Aus as the 'Black Dog' and sits on our back! I want to say you have courage to admit you have depression, often depression is something we do not want to admit we have but hang on to it hoping it will just go away. Of course it doesn't. Like rfw, this depression is robbing you of Christs joy and our enemy is making sure we experience no joy in Christ as this will lead us doubting God. Even the people of great faith and love Jesus have suffered depression including myself.

I went to a womans convention on the weekend at my church and the 'hot topic' was Depression. At the conclusion we were called to come to the front if anyone has felt that 'black dog' on our back. There were so many of God's people who came forward including myself, I felt pushed out of my seat to go forward. Often we feel shame because why arn't I coping? and guilt because I should NOT be feeling this way, I am supposed to be strong. We were all prayed over and the power of God's presence was HUGE and OVERPOWERING. Our God is a God of healing including healing of this 'black dog', I felt so unburdened and free. This doesn't mean your problems will disappear but it will help you to realise that depression can NOT be dealt in your own strength but with the help of others by talking about your pain and the power of the Holy Spirit, you WILL be on the road to recovery.

As Christians we struggle with so many different issues and feel failure if life is not all rosy so we must be doing something wrong and the enemy convinces us that we are failing God and that we are unworthy in His sight and so we spiral down towards the black hole and only God can take you by the hand to pull you out and HE WILL PULL YOU OUT!! The truth is we are all unworthy but....... because of what Christ did on the cross we are free, by His mercy He saved us because of HIS great love He has set us free. He loves us with a deepness we can never fully understand.

Romans 3:23; For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Observer of Dreams you are so precious in His sight!!

Often it is hard to talk to the people we love, I pray that God will bring someone in your path to help and listen, and believe me you WILL be healed and only HE will return the joy that He so desperately wants you to have in HIM. It so important that you don't bottle this up inside. Please feel free to PM if you wish.

Take Care,

Shazza :)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I know how you feel observer.

Remember, you've got a friend who's closer than a brother. He's there to talk to. He will carry you through.

To him that o'ercometh

God giveth a crown;

Through faith we will conquer,

Though often cast down.

He Who is our Savior,

Our strength will renew.

Look ever to Jesus;

He will carry you through.

Ask the Savior to help you,

Comfort, strengthen and keep you.

He's willing to aid you,

And He will carry you through!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am very deppresed. It stemmed from being bored, and lonely.

When you know Jesus, the One who is the giver of life abundant, you never get bored! Neither is loneliness a problem. Talk to Him--He will alleviate your burden.