• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

CINCINNATI (Reuters) -- A car commercial proclaiming a jihad on the U.S. auto market and offering "Fatwa Fridays" with free swords for the kids is offensive and should not be aired, Muslim leaders said on Sunday.

Read the article here.

It's strange to me that it has not been aired and yet there is already an uproar over it. I would like to know how this muslim coalition found out about it to begin with when it hasn't even been "aired" as they say. Artists can depict someone urinating on Jesus and Madonna can portray herself as Jesus in a crucifiction reinactment, but a car dealership in the middle of nowhere U.S.A can't even use fatwa as a sales gimmick. Perhaps instead of giving the kiddies swords they should give them toy suicide vests or toy machine guns. I would have to say that U.S. judicial system is guilty of a double standard where Christians are concerned.

I can understand muslims being upset about this, but they sure don't seem to be doing anything to help. As others have said, where are the protests when muslims kill innocent people in the name of mohammed or allah? It's ok to kill people but it's not ok to mock those who do? They are angry that someone would depict muslims as being terrorists and yet they do little to disassociate themselves from terrorists when it really matters.

I don't know about the rest of you but it upsets me to see our "secular" government and judicial system succumb to preasures to remove God from the public square and yet be so acommodating and sensative to muslim beliefs. That must be what they mean by "tolerance". Are we to abandon our spiritual heritage just so we don't offend anyone?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Clever.

Amazing, Muslim leaders never say crap about their brothers lobbing off heads and burning down churches, but a car commercial that builds on this is somehow offensive? Religion of peace my eye.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I thought it was pretty smart, and funny. Got my attention; made me want to buy a car.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:whistling:

This is my favorite part of the article!

Mirza said the Council would likely contact the dealer to "offer some kind of cultural or sensitivity awareness training."

:whistling::whistling:

I can see it now......

t.