IGNORED

The coming Messiah

Guest idolsmasher

Guest charlie

I've been wondering lately if the anti-christ will be Jewish also, possibly from the tribe of Dan. Isn't this what the early church thought? Also, would he have to be Jewish in order for the jews to accept him? I don't see how it could be any other way.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen, Dad Ernie. Even unto the consummation . . .

I believe this means the consumation of the war that ended Israel at that time. It could also mean the consumation of the destruction of Jerusalem.

This is a reference to the preceding verse where it says, "unto the end of the war desolations are determined".

I see no reason to assume it means until the consumation of all things (the consumation of the world) as you have interpreted it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Yod,

I believe this means the consumation of the war that ended Israel at that time. It could also mean the consumation of the destruction of Jerusalem.

This is a reference to the preceding verse where it says, "unto the end of the war desolations are determined".

I see no reason to assume it means until the consumation of all things (the consumation of the world) as you have interpreted it.

In order to understand this you HAVE to recognize that the "he" in Dan 9:27 refers to the Messiah and NOT some future entity (the prince that should come).

In any case, the Hebrew word for "consummation" occurs in Strong's as H3617 (primary) and it is derived from H3615 - both words are the word "kalah". H3617 contains 10 entries and H3615 contains 212 entries. If you are seriously desiring to understand this, then please read every verse to which these two words refer. That should give you an idea of its application and whether or not it points to the destruction of the Temple or some future event, particularly "when all things have been put at Christ's feet."

Be a good Berean and go check this out.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

from Daniel 9:27

"...and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary"

you are saying that Yeshua is this prince? Then are you saying that christians destroyed the city and the sanctuary?

There seems to be a contradiction to me.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

"...and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary"

you are saying that Yeshua is this prince? Then are you saying that christians destroyed the city and the sanctuary?

Greetings Yod,

No I am not saying that the Messiah is the "prince". But if you read the articles supplied by Josephus, you may begin to understand. God has always used the "enemy" to carry out his wrath.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yod remember when Jesus said that He would destroy His temple "speaking of His body" then raise it back up on the third day "His ressurrection"

For sure the temple building was destroyed in 70 AD but I believe that had no importance compared to the real temple "Jesus' body"

Seems a little confusing unless you see that the Spiritual side bares more weight to what was the real and not just the shadow or type.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

No I am not saying that the Messiah is the "prince". But if you read the articles supplied by Josephus, you may begin to understand. God has always used the "enemy" to carry out his wrath.

• Isa 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isaiah prophesied this of Cyrus, a Persian, many years before Cyrus was even born, yet he and his men were the

Hi Yod,

Don't forget Jesus Said that He would destroy the temple. I guess most out there think that Jesus is the A/C because they say that the anti-christ will destroy the temple. Sure is confusing when you think Dan.9:27 was refering to the anti-christ. But that is what exactly happens when you just can't see the spiritual side of things.

Matthew 26:61

and said, "This fellow said, "I am able to destroy the temple of God and to build it in three days."'

(Whole Chapter: Matthew 26 In context: Matthew 26:60-62)

Matthew 27:40

and saying, "You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."

(Whole Chapter: Matthew 27 In context: Matthew 27:39-41)

Mark 14:58

"We heard Him say, "I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands."'

(Whole Chapter: Mark 14 In context: Mark 14:57-59)

Mark 15:29

And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, "Aha! You who destroy the temple and build it in three days,

(Whole Chapter: Mark 15 In context: Mark 15:28-30)

Luke 2:46

Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.

(Whole Chapter: Luke 2 In context: Luke 2:45-47)

John 2:19

Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

(Whole Chapter: John 2 In context: John 2:18-20)

John 2:20

Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"

(Whole Chapter: John 2 In context: John 2:19-21)

Jesus was speaking of His body and that was the real temple not just a shadow or type of some bulding that was destroted in 70 AD.

Here I go again spiritualizing everything. O well I guess it's better to be spiritually minded then carnally minded. I guess that means that I belong to the spiritual cult as many out there would accuse me.

:o:):o :blues:

Guest idolsmasher

The 70 weeks or 70 sevens could not have consummated or finished, because there has not yet been an end of sins.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The 70 th week could only be the last 7 years of the antichrist reign. The "midst of the week" refers to the breaking of the covenant and the setting up of the "abomination of desolation" in the holy place

The 70 weeks or 70 sevens could not have consummated or finished, because there has not yet been an end of sins.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The 70 th week could only be the last 7 years of the antichrist reign. The "midst of the week" refers to the breaking of the covenant and the setting up of the "abomination of desolation" in the holy place

End of sins means at the cross where Jesus dead for them. But if you want to believe in a seven year thing with the anti-christ go ahead while I'll just enjoy living with Jesus in heaven right here right now