IGNORED

The coming Messiah

Guest idolsmasher

ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US - the video

AHA! 

You know I don't like "problies". This could be "that" prince....but there is LOTS of room for it to be something or someone else....

Since the NT is the "revelation" of the OT, I see no other connection in the NT to Daniel's prophecies regarding "the prince which was to come". But as I have demonstrated, it was ONLY a modifier of the word "people" in Dan 9:27. The "he" refers to the Messiah and that should settle the matter.

The word "prince" is used 3 times in the NT....2 for Jesus and 1 for Satan. Are they the same? The point is that I don't think there has to be a NT correlation.

And still I can't comprehend any scenario where the Roman destroyers are "the people of the prince to come" if Yeshua is that prince.

It's not the same thing as Cyrus...but I do know what you are trying to say now and I just don't think it is as conclusive as you and BS do. However, SPIRITUALLY I think it's speaking of Prince Adbullah Wooly Bogwahn Rashneeshipoo and the Baltimore Ravens. :t2:

Which books of the Bible do you think were written AFTER 70 A.D.? Don't you think mention of "the prince" would have been made if it were a person?

they never said the world was round either. That does not necessarily mean they thought it was flat.

I put credence in what Josephus reported in his "Wars" and thought it was certainly the "people of Rome" that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple, it was instigated by God Himself - the Messiah - who also prophesied of it.

Well of course it was because God is sovereign.

Jesus instigated this destruction? I don't think so! He warned them....He wept over Jerusalem for what was coming. He no more instigated this than Moses brought the Destroying Angel at Passover in Egypt. No more than Noah brought the flood.....no more than Jonah brought judgement to Nineveh.

They all warned judgment was coming but they can't really be credited with bringing it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that if the anti christ is able to set up his rule from Jerusalem, is it possible that the Jews will at first (first 3 1/2 years) think that he is the promised messiah. Is it possible that he could also be of Jewish descent. Many bible scholars believe that Gog the leader of Magog will be a leader of Russia. I think most of us would agree that the Lord's return will be soon and I believe that Alexander Putin's mother is a Jew. Could he be the one? Also the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, do you think this will be a rebuilt temple or could it be referring to the dome of the rock? Which stands on the Jewish holy place?

To answer the original post of this thread I will give you what I post on latest news threads under "This is the antichrist"

Ezekiel 21:25-27

25: And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27: I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Let us examine this prophecy made by Ezekiel, in verse 25

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

do you think this will be a rebuilt temple or could it be referring to the dome of the rock? Which stands on the Jewish holy place?

................................................................................

I think this evil place was built for the near or future use of

evil etc.

check it out at:

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/articles.asp?id=00180

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

. . .  still I can't comprehend any scenario where the Roman destroyers are "the people of the prince to come" if Yeshua is that prince.

It's not the same thing as Cyrus...but I do know what you are trying to say now . . .

Perhaps a Jewish historian's account who was there and his documentation of Titus' owns words (the General of the Romans) upon entering the conquered city of Jerusalem -

Josephus - Book 6 - Chapter 9 - Paragraph 1

• 1. Now when Titus was come into this [upper] city, he admired not only some other places of strength in it, but particularly those strong towers which the tyrants in their mad conduct had relinquished; for when he saw their solid altitude, and the largeness of their several stones, and the exactness of their joints, as also how great was their breadth, and how extensive their length, he expressed himself after the manner following: "We have certainly had God for our assistant in this war, and it was no other than God who ejected the Jews out of these fortifications; for what could the hands of men or any machines do towards overthrowing these towers?" At which time he had many such discourses to his friends; he also let such go free as had been bound by the tyrants, and were left in the prisons. To conclude, when he entirely demolished the rest of the city, and overthrew its walls, he left these towers as a monument of his good fortune, which had proved his auxiliaries, and enabled him to take what could not otherwise have been taken by him.

I don't know, BS.

That hardly seems like proof. If I say, "God bought a Chevy Truck for me" in a sense that is true, but it's not like He commanded that it be given to me...ya know?

Titus was probably not referring to the same god anyway.

evil etc.

check it out at:

that is a beautiful building built by pagans. Pagans will be pagans after all....

Except for a few idols it's a magnificent structure. If you are really concerned about idols then why don't you say something about the obelisks on top of every church? :o

No? I didn't think so. :D

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Here are some more interesting excerpts from Josephus.

This excerpt is where Josephus is pleading with one of the seditious leaders (John) to cease his rebellion and leave the temple where he had set up his

do you think this will be a rebuilt temple or could it be referring to the dome of the rock? Which stands on the Jewish holy place?

................................................................................

evil etc.

check it out at:

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/articles.asp?id=00180

myrock, I read that site a few days ago. While I believe that building may well be used like the supreme court is used today in the U.S. but for a world government. I don't think it will be the throne that the antichrist will set up the abomination of desolation. I believe the temple will be rebuilt, but that does not nessesarily mean it has to be built in the exact site of the dome of the rock. From my research the site of Solomons temple was between the dome and the mosk. That could be built without destroying the dome. The place on that website is not like the place described by Paul in II Thess 2:4 or Daniel or Ezekiel 7-9 and is not set up for animal sacrifices as the temple must be to fullfil scripture. I believe it must be a traditional temple complete with the arch of the testament. Otherwise it would just be another building and not the Holy Place as described in scripture.

take care

Guest idolsmasher

I have a hypothetical to throw out there. I just thought of this so I haven't really researched if it is possible but if it isn't I know you guys will dash it to teeny tiny bits but here goes.

What if the "abomination of desolation" standing in the holy place is the rebuilt temple itself constructed by order of the antichrist through the covenant he makes. The covenant is referred to as a holy covenant isn't it? Would if the covenant were a peace pact between Jews, Muslims, and Christians having as a condition the rebuilding of the temple. Many Jews would then see him as their messiah. Any coments? :t2:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I have a hypothetical to throw out there. I just thought of this so I haven't really researched if it is possible but if it isn't I know you guys will dash it to teeny tiny bits but here goes.

What if the "abomination of desolation" standing in the holy place is the rebuilt temple itself constructed by order of the antichrist through the covenant he makes. The covenant is referred to as a holy covenant isn't it? Would if the covenant were a peace pact between Jews, Muslims, and Christians having as a condition the rebuilding of the temple. Many Jews would then see him as their messiah. Any coments? :t2:

Greetings Idolsmasher,

You may want to read the article I just put up about the Temple.

The Jews and Arabs wars trace back to very ancient history - Abraham. The Muslim religion is so evil that there can NEVER be a reconciliation between them and ANYONE else.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie