IGNORED

It is not wrong for Gods servants to be wealthy!!

Nevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

80 MILLION DOLLARS just to redecorate!

Staggering.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,867
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Well, if it's wrong for God's children to be rich, then I'm alright, then, coz rich I ain't

Phew :18:

:blink::24::24: I'm the same

'Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonour the name of my God.' Prov 30:8-9 NIV

Hey, great quote, pointer!

A very sobering thought.

God forbid that we fall into that category and let riches take our hearts and minds off the Lord Jesus, to whom we should ALWAYS be thankful for what we have...

...and we all have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?

I speak from personal experience, anyway. Nobody has done more for me, or means more to me than Jesus himself.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The OP is correct: It is not wrong for Christians to be wealthy. God is the giver.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

Have any scripture to back your stance floatingaxe?

Shalom

God wants us to experience His financial provision and blessing among all other blessings. He is a loving Father to His children. This means that He knows what we need and He doesn't want us to lack in anything. In Matthew 6, Jesus speaks of God's provision when He encourages His listeners to not worry about the necessities in life because God the Father knows that they are needed. Rather, put God first and all the needs you have will be met. This scripture passage can be summarized as, " If you will take care of God's business, He will take care of yours."

One of the ways in which God revealed Himself to the nation of Israel in the Old Testament was as "Jehovah Jireh", which means, "God who provides."

One of the wonderful things that you discover when you are faithful to God in your finances is that God is even more faithful in return. David said this in the Psalms, " I have been young and I have been old, but I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging for bread." I have discovered that not only is God faithful to meet our needs, but He is ready and willing to bless us abundantly as we give to Him. If we challenge ourselves, we will see that we cannot outgive God. Proverbs 10:22 says, "the blessing of God makes rich and He adds no sorrow to it." What does this mean? It means that we can accumulate wealth without God, but we will eventually look upon our life with regret at the sacrifices that were made to gain everything we wanted. Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "the problem with money is that it costs too much." But if we are faithful and obedient to God in our finances, He can bless our finances and we will never regret that we did it the right way, remembering that God created everything, God owns everything, and we are stewards of it all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

Provision and riches..

When scriptures speak of provision, it doesn't mean "abundance". To "provide" for a basic essential is to "satisfy" that essential. G-d gave the Children of Israel provision through Mana, but their own dissatisfaction for lack of meat made them cry out for G-d to give them meat. Though the Mana was sufficient and had a good flavor to it, eventually the Children of Israel got tired of having the same ol' thing everyday. So they wanted more.

This is where I think one should take time and look at the "Blessing" they have of "provision" in that all their bills are "provided for".

The author of proverbs states repeatidly that moderation is good, but excess corrupts a man (alcohol, money), so he wouldn't be writting here that some excess is okay (as ecclesiastes makes note that material things do not make a man truly happy, nor is excess good for the Soul). So what does "rich" mean here?

Does G-d only bless according to material possessions?

Does Proverbs 10:22 mean "I will bless your pocketbook and then you will be happy!"? Certainly not.

Shalom

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

God wants us to experience His financial provision and blessing among all other blessings. He is a loving Father to His children. This means that He knows what we need and He doesn't want us to lack in anything. In Matthew 6, Jesus speaks of God's provision when He encourages His listeners to not worry about the necessities in life because God the Father knows that they are needed. Rather, put God first and all the needs you have will be met. This scripture passage can be summarized as, " If you will take care of God's business, He will take care of yours."

One of the ways in which God revealed Himself to the nation of Israel in the Old Testament was as "Jehovah Jireh", which means, "God who provides."

One of the wonderful things that you discover when you are faithful to God in your finances is that God is even more faithful in return. David said this in the Psalms, " I have been young and I have been old, but I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging for bread." I have discovered that not only is God faithful to meet our needs, but He is ready and willing to bless us abundantly as we give to Him. If we challenge ourselves, we will see that we cannot outgive God. Proverbs 10:22 says, "the blessing of God makes rich and He adds no sorrow to it." What does this mean? It means that we can accumulate wealth without God, but we will eventually look upon our life with regret at the sacrifices that were made to gain everything we wanted. Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "the problem with money is that it costs too much." But if we are faithful and obedient to God in our finances, He can bless our finances and we will never regret that we did it the right way, remembering that God created everything, God owns everything, and we are stewards of it all.

As Naziyr just stated, "provision" is not the question. The OP clearly asserts that this goes beyond provision, and he/she assumes that it must mean financial "wealth". This doctrine is not supported from Scripture.

As Naziyr just stated, "provision" is not the question. The OP clearly asserts that this goes beyond provision, and he/she assumes that it must mean financial "wealth". This doctrine is not supported from Scripture.

When we are faithful with what God gives us, he blesses us with abundance...sometimes even overabundance! I call that wealth---don't you? Spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, financial---all ways! It is definitely supported in scripture. We cannot outgive God! When we give, He gives back and more.

We don't all experience the same wealth in the same areas, but we all do experience wealth when we give God what we have with an open hand.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Wow, I guess God hates African and Chinese Christians

Does Proverbs 10:22 mean "I will bless your pocketbook and then you will be happy!"? Certainly not.

No, of course not. That would be the shallow, narrow view of a carnal believer.