IGNORED

All Sins can not be the same hey?

Nevin

Guest shiloh357
wait a minute people...the logic of this matter is getting away from us.

Cigarettes kill!!! People who smoke are made very aware of the fact that they kill us..."thou shalt not kill"

I have yet to see warning labels on coffee cans telling us that coffee causes, lung disease, heart disease and can cause birth defects in unborn children. I have yet to see millions of dollars spent on anti-coffee drinking campains because of its lethal health effects.......

If we are doing things to our bodies that can cause us death we are participating in our own murders. Car crashes happen, choking on a sip of coffee happens..these are known as accidents. There is nothing accidental about dying because of addiction.

As long as you are consuming processed, sugary foods that contain tons of articfical flavors and chemical preservatives, then you are endangering your health just as much. If you drink full or diet sodas, you are drinking yourself into a slow death.

Fried chicken, donuts, McDonalds, bacon, sausage, etc. are things everybody knows lead to heart disease and some kinds of cancers. But they eat them anyway. So unless you are eating organic natural foods grown on your own property and slaughtering your own animals, you can be guaranteed that your diet has you on the slow boat to the grave.

It is hypocritical to judge smokers, when we abuse our bodies in other ways that are just as deadly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

How much further can ya'll twist scripture out of context to cover "somebody" elses sins but not your own.

Seems theres a verse somewhere about a plank and a speck.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

When one is aware that smoking kills and harms others---and still does it---it is not hypocritical to speak out against it. It is an activity that affects other people besides oneself.

Guest shiloh357
When one is aware that smoking kills and harms others---and still does it---it is not hypocritical to speak out against it. It is an activity that affects other people besides oneself.

it is hypocritical when you are eating processed foods and consuming things that are just as deadly as smoking but only use the Bible to condemn smoking.

George Burns smoked cigars his whole life and he lived to 100.

I know many people in their 70s, 80s, 90s, that smoke. There are people who are over 100 years of age and smoke up to and more then a pack a day.

People get sick and die...that's what happens in life.

Suicide is not a sin...I know you want it to be but it's not. There's a thread in the outer court addressing this issue...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ANYTHING that controls us is not of God. If I can puff a cigarette once a week---take it or leave it---I don't think that's a sin. If I MUST have 6 cups of coffee a day---that is sin.

It's not so much the object, as the obsession.

As for the Scriptural support? " I am the Lord thy God, you shall have no other Gods before me" or "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

I am glad I have to answer to my merciful Father instead of you. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

it is hypocritical when you are eating processed foods and consuming things that are just as deadly as smoking but only use the Bible to condemn smoking.

Who's hypocritical? I agree with you about that! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

shiloh357 said

It is hypocritical to judge smokers, when we abuse our bodies in other ways that are just as deadly.

it would be hypocritical to judge anyone for anything if the person judging did those things as you mentioned and did them without regard to moderation. Sorry shiloh, but I am a recovered addict who knows...I have been there and done that..and I have even justified those things by the very words you just used. Some things in this world cannot be helped. We eat what is put in the grocery stores because that is what is available to us not everybody has a farm and not everybody can afford to eat the more expensive organic foods. We don't have to go to McDonald's..but an occasional cheese burger doesn't necessarily mean I am going to end up with heart disease nor does it mean I am signing my death warrant..certain things we do to our bodies does sign our death warrants and there is no question about it, if we do it we WILL die from it.

If you wish to justify what you do to your body by smoking cigarettes or have other habits that are proven to cause certain death...that is your business. But please make sure that if you call a person a hypocrite that you are not doing it to help in the justification to your own personal life choices.

Edited by jackie d

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

George Burns smoked cigars his whole life and he lived to 100.

I know many people in their 70s, 80s, 90s, that smoke. There are people who are over 100 years of age and smoke up to and more then a pack a day.

While that is true, some people seem to be pre-disposed to the effects of smoking. My father smoked all his life---until he died at the age of 66 from respiratory failure due to emphysema and COPD.

Would he have developed those illnesses without smoking? I don't know. Medical science seems to indicate that he would have had a better chance at a healthy life and healthier lungs without cigarettes.