• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

shiloh357 said

It is hypocritical to judge smokers, when we abuse our bodies in other ways that are just as deadly.

it would be hypocritical to judge anyone for anything if the person judging did those things as you mentioned and did them without regard to moderation. Sorry shiloh, but I am a recovered addict who knows...I have been there and done that..and I have even justified those things by the very words you just used. Some things in this world cannot be helped. We eat what is put in the grocery stores because that is what is available to us not everybody has a farm and not everybody can afford to eat the more expensive organic foods. We don't have to go to McDonald's..but an occasional cheese burger doesn't necessarily mean I am going to end up with heart disease nor does it mean I am signing my death warrant..certain things we do to our bodies does sign our death warrants and there is no question about it, if we do it we WILL die from it.

If you wish to justify what you do to your body by smoking cigarettes or have other habits that are proven to cause certain death...that is your business. But please make sure that if you call a person a hypocrite that you are not doing it to help in the justification to your own personal life choices.

#1. nobody should be judging in the first place.

I am a recovering addict as well but that doesn't give me license to judge weather somebody is in sin or not because they happen to smoke. Like I said earlier...I don't believe smoking is a sin but if you were smoking 14 packs a day and couldn't go without, it is a sin...just like gluttony or any other thing done in excess.

we as the body of Christ are to make righteous judgements on the actions of our brothers. If we see that our brothers are causing themselves harm by having an addiction of smoking or any other substance and do not try to help him then we too are unrighteous and might as well hold the cigarette to his lips while he takes the puff!

Being in bondage is SIN...we all know this..again addiction is being in bondage...therefore addiction is sin.

I would never tell someone who has an occasional glass of wine that they are alcoholics/in bondage/sinning...I would tell it to a very obvious alcoholic, however.

Smoking is not a sin...bondage to smoking is. Drinking is not a sin...bondage to drinking is. Eating unhealthy is not a sin...bondage to excessive eating is. ANYTHING in excess is a sin; even T.V watching.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

shiloh357 said

It is hypocritical to judge smokers, when we abuse our bodies in other ways that are just as deadly.

it would be hypocritical to judge anyone for anything if the person judging did those things as you mentioned and did them without regard to moderation. Sorry shiloh, but I am a recovered addict who knows...I have been there and done that..and I have even justified those things by the very words you just used. Some things in this world cannot be helped. We eat what is put in the grocery stores because that is what is available to us not everybody has a farm and not everybody can afford to eat the more expensive organic foods. We don't have to go to McDonald's..but an occasional cheese burger doesn't necessarily mean I am going to end up with heart disease nor does it mean I am signing my death warrant..certain things we do to our bodies does sign our death warrants and there is no question about it, if we do it we WILL die from it.

If you wish to justify what you do to your body by smoking cigarettes or have other habits that are proven to cause certain death...that is your business. But please make sure that if you call a person a hypocrite that you are not doing it to help in the justification to your own personal life choices.

I am a recovering addict as well but that doesn't give me license to judge weather somebody is in sin or not because they happen to smoke. Like I said earlier...I don't believe smoking is a sin but if you were smoking 14 packs a day and couldn't go without, it is a sin...just like gluttony or any other thing done in excess.

we as the body of Christ are to make righteous judgements on the actions of our brothers. If we see that our brothers are causing themselves harm by having an addiction of smoking or any other substance and do not try to help him then we too are unrighteous and might as well hold the cigarette to his lips while he takes the puff!

Being in bondage is SIN...we all know this..again addiction is being in bondage...therefore addiction is sin.

I would never tell someone who has an occasional glass of wine that they are alcoholics/in bondage/sinning...I would tell it to a very obvious alcoholic, however.

Share with me something you do that isn't very "Christ like" and I'll return the favor to help you escape your bondage to sin.

Well Silentprayer, I have a tendancy to get jealous and when I get that way then my mind listens to Satan while he starts making unjust accusations toward the person I feel jealous about...I have to really pray and rebuke Satan when this happens and I know it is because I have insecurities.

Do you really think you can help me with this? It is a character flaw that turns into sin when I allow it to consume me...

thank you :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

shiloh357 said

Share with me something you do that isn't very "Christ like" and I'll return the favor to help you escape your bondage to sin.

Well Silentprayer, I have a tendancy to get jealous and when I get that way then my mind listens to Satan while he starts making unjust accusations toward the person I feel jealous about...I have to really pray and rebuke Satan when this happens and I know it is because I have insecurities.

Do you really think you can help me with this? It is a character flaw that turns into sin when I allow it to consume me...

thank you :emot-highfive:

touche!

Not something I have a problem with! I do however smoke, so I'll make you a deal, I will sincerely and with love in my heart pray for you, and you do the same for me!

Because I think smoking is not a sin doesn't mean I smoke.

I think there is a large difference between condemnation and loving rebuke. I guess attitude is what makes all the difference.

silentprayer said:

touche!

Not something I have a problem with! I do however smoke, so I'll make you a deal, I will sincerely and with love in my heart pray for you, and you do the same for me!

I'm sorry folks did you all get the idea that I am about condemnation and judgement...with all of the sincerity in my heart and pure intentions to make a very valid loving point to all..I somehow seemed to have missed the mark.

I would pray that everyone take a moment to read between the lines of words spoken and the speaker would weigh the words they are sharing so that misunderstanding would not form...had every word of every post that I put in this thread been read I think that less would find me a critical judge and more of someone who cares about what is happening to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

And so to anyone who might feel that I was personally attacking their life choices I was NOT...I was stating the Truth of what has been written on my heart through the teaching and leading of the Holy Spirit. And just because I don't smoke any more doesn't mean I don't want one every day!...it just means I have made a choice NOT to allow the bondage of smoking to keep me (this is my personal view on my own personal walk with the Lord, do not think I am being critical to others when I say this)from having a complete relationship with God. It became well known to me that I was making a very conscious choice to stay in bondage and the sin of causing this harm to my body...heck in my dream Satan gave me permission..to an addict that is a heavenly offer! Had I not taken heed of the dream...where would it have left me as far as my relationship with God goes? Knowing full well that Satan had made a tempting offer and I accepted...really folks where would that leave me?

I think there is a large difference between condemnation and loving rebuke. I guess attitude is what makes all the difference.

If you wish to justify what you do to your body by smoking cigarettes or have other habits that are proven to cause certain death...that is your business.

And because I think drinking wine is not a sin does not mean I drink wine.

tell me...when I say the things that I have said in this thread you make the judgement that what I am saying is condemning? How can you judge my heart? My intentions? My thoughts?

Have you read everything that I have said in this thread? And if you did when did you consider that I was making judgement on others and not talking from experience and Truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

If you wish to justify what you do to your body by smoking cigarettes or have other habits that are proven to cause certain death...that is your business.

tell me...when I say the things that I have said in this thread you make the judgement that what I am saying is condemning? How can you judge my heart? My intentions? My thoughts?

Have you read everything that I have said in this thread? And if you did when did you consider that I was making judgement on others and not talking from experience and Truth?

You can't see facial expression, or body language on the computer. You haven't posted here as much as most of us has, so we don't "know" you yet like we kinda know each other. We have all read each other enough to get a general idea of how that person, thinks/post. Just give us time, just like we'll give you! We'll all get there together!

I read post #66 and understood your heart. I apologize.

It is hard to know when you can't hear the inflection in a voice over the internet. I just feel that there are a lot of people out there that bring unecessary condemnation to people who are already feeling low about themselves because of something they may be doing. As recovered addicts we both know that self esteem is very low and self condemnation is very high when you are in bondage to something. We know we need to change it and people telling us we need to change it and calling us a sinner only adds to the pain. Please do not judge my heart, intentions and thoughts either. :emot-hug:

Just so you know...I was making a statement about condemnation and loving rebuke...I was not accusing you.

You can't see facial expression, or body language on the computer. You haven't posted here as much as most of us has, so we don't "know" you yet like we kinda know each other. We have all read each other enough to get a general idea of how that person, thinks/post. Just give us time, just like we'll give you! We'll all get there together!

thank you for your kindness Silentprayer....I was here for a long time and posted a lot you would have known me as jckduboise..people still did the same as they do now. I can accept that really I can. I am really not here to make a bunch of buddies but to share the Truth of God for He has taught me many things that I was not able to learn by man, as I am sure many here have experienced themselves. And those who truly know God know that Life in Him is not all fluffy love...Life with God is about cold hard facts. God's love is completely honest and God's love does not shy away from speaking the Truth even when the words are not cotton candy sweet.

I am okay with not being accepted, for as it is with Christ, it is not man that I choose to please but my Father in Heaven. It is only Him, Christ and the Holy Spirit that I seek to be testified of.

With the Love of Christ in my heart for you all, blessings.