IGNORED

How old is your church?

Guest Angeledei

Guest shadow2b
--. She would just have us thank God for the day, and maybe one or two things that had happened during the day. It wasn't "now i lay me down to sleep" or any stuff like that.

SAY----RAGER--- WHAT IN THE BIGG BLUE EYED WORLD IS

WRONG WITH --NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP????

I remember{strange--i usually can't remember 30 minutes ago}when I was a little

boy,{which is such a long time ago we won't go into it now} saying that prayer

every night---I wasn't too good at knowing "what" to thank GOD for...SO "NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO

SLEEP" was a MIGHTY good prayer fer me------

YOU TRYIN TA STAART A FIGHT OR SUMPIN BUBB?? or bubbess?? If the latter I doesn't hit girls aTall-

GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS-----------------------Gary-- :unsure::blink: nyyy--nyyy--nyyyyy--nyyyyy!!!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
--A. The Pope, the Bishop of Rome, is the visible head of the Church because he is the successor of St. Peter, whom Christ made the chief of the Apostles and the visible head of the Church.

Sorry to burst your bubble BUT;--the first "pope" {if you will}of the church at Rome--WAS NOT the

APOSTLE PETER WHO WALKED WITH JESUS-----there was another peter in Rome that became the

"pope"----I think if you read the historical writer "JOSEPHUS" you will find that this is "TRUE"------

GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS-------------------Gary-- :unsure:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I also recall the Angel of God, my guardian dear,

but it is asking an angel to rule and guide over me, not God, not Jesus, but an angel......

another way that was given to me about a way to remember what to pray, ( as a model ) is by using the Acyronym

PRAY

P = PRAISE.... we are to Praise His Name above all others, Holy is God, Merciful, Gracious, wonderous..... this can be done with shouts of glee, singing, worshipping, bowing down before God......

R = REPENT.... we are to give up our sins, we are to die daily for Jesus, we are to leave behind the things of this world, and take up our cross, and follow Him.... this is an ongoing battle, for until we are called home, we will continually have the things of this world pulling at us, we will not be made perfect until then, so we have to continually strive to give up the things of this world.

A = ASK.... ask for your daily bread, God already knows what we need, what we want, but like a parent with a child, we know that the child wants a cookie, but until they ask, we dont always give them one..... God wants us to seek Him for every thing, small, medium and large things..... when we have a problem, God wants us to ask Him to care for it, before we do something to totally mess it up.... if we have a concern, Ask God first, before we get stressed out.....

Y = YIELD.... Yield to His ways, His desires. Gods Will be done, on earth as in Heaven..... Seek the Perfect Will of God... not what we think He might like for us ( really meaning, I want this and hope that God will approve )....

seeking Gods face will bring you closer to Him and the closer we get to God the better we get to know Him and what His will is...... do not make your will Gods will, but make Gods Will yours.....

have a wonderful day in the Lord....

mike

the first "pope" {if you will}of the church at Rome--WAS NOT the

APOSTLE PETER WHO WALKED WITH JESUS-----there was another peter in Rome that became the

"pope"----I think if you read the historical writer "JOSEPHUS" you will find that this is "TRUE"------

GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS

It doesn't seem to matter that there is absolutely no proof that Peter was ever a Pope. The only indication of him ever being in Rome was to be executed and even that location isn't so clear.

But there were SO many things that would disqualify him....

He was married, jewish, and observed Shabbat & the Feast Days. He would never allow someone to bow and kiss his ring. If anything he was the Anti-Pope~! He certainly would not have venerated Miriam...even though he was UNDER the authority of Ya'cov ("Jacob" but wrongly interpreted as "James") If I had a few more minutes, I'm sure I could think of even more obvious reasons...

No, the historical record indicates that the gentile church became more and more anti-semetic after the dispute of circumcision and ceremonial observances....to the point of persecuting Jesus' very brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. It got so bad that the Nazarites were completely rejected as the church at Antioch began re-writing this new revelation of God within judaism to be a totally non-jewish religion.

And yet "some" want to say that they crowned this jewish fisherman as Pope? Ridiculous!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Take a look at Jim Bakker! 

Yes, and we stop listening to Jim Bakker!

I don't think that my question regarding child molesters in the church was ever answered.

It's not just the molesters, it's those higher up in the CHURCH which moved these guys around from parish to parish, COVERING up these guys sins and allowing them to continue to hurt others?

Did the church actually do something WRONG?

Was the church's powerful role in the inquisitions WRONG?

(And we know that role went straight to the almighty POPE!)

Was the church WRONG in making up rules extraneous to the Bible that later had to be changed? Like not eating meat on Friday? Like OUTLAWING THE BIBLE? Like finally changing the masses to be in ENGLISH?

If it was just bread and wine why did he call it his body and blood. He did not say this is as my body or this is like my body he said this IS my body. No matter how you twist the words you are still wrong, wrong , wrong, wrong. Your understanding of literature is elementary.

Here's something I actually did learn in elementary school. It's about metaphors. Do you know what a metaphor is? It's using one description for another word, not using like or as in the description. It's used quite often. Example. My home is my castle. That doesn't mean my home is actually a castle. It means that as far as I'm concerned, my home, even if were a tiny cottage, is LIKE a castle to me.

Jesus was speaking METAPHORICALLY here, like he did on MANY occassions.

Which brings up yet another question not yet answered. (You guys dodge really well.)

Does the wine and bread you use chemical change into actual flesh and blood? At what point does it do that? When you put it in your mouth? When it hits your stomach? Your intestines?

St. Peter (33-67

I don't remember him ever being referred to, in the BIBLE, as Pope Peter, or even Saint Peter.

Your church made that up.

Although I would not doubt that Peter referred himself to a servant.

And by the way, Peter was FALLABLE! He denied Christ three times!!! Hello!!

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1656.cfm

The Pope KNEW of a molestation back in 1973 and IGNORED it!!!

Again, I ask, is the CHURCH fallable?

Is the Pope fallable?

26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Here again, Christ is speaking of his 'body' metaphorically. Do you think he means that we are actually Christ's flesh and blood body? How ridiculous.

Do you think when he said to Peter, "You are the rock" did he actually mean that Peter was a ROCK?

Other metaphors used by Christ: 'lion' 'light'

Do you understand now the use of metaphors?