• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,850
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

How can a true Christian allow for any pagan worship? How can we allow our brothers and sisters to continue to make mistakes and not correct them, is it because we are trying to preserve their feelings? If they are suffering in Hell, do you think they will thank you for looking after their feelings? No, they will blame us for not trying hard enough to save them. I know only Christ can give the gift of Salvation, but when we lead someone to Him, are we not saving them?

You give people the choice, that is central to Christianity. You can not force belief upon people.

Yes, I suppose you are right there, to some extent, Amor. We have to give them a choice to worship Christ or not. We, as mere men, can't force anyone.

My ideal scenario, however, which I outlined above, - as well as being something that was an imposed reality in ancient Israel (and rightly so, in my opinion) - is also something that will one day be a reality on the earth again, and it won't be something that is imposed by some oppressive government, but by Christ himself.

So as well as looking back in a kind of wishful nostalgia for what was once the case, I also look forward as well to that time when it will once again be a reality. Where God alone will be worshipped, through Christ.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic