sealdogfish

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

(This post was edited by a moderator to remove quotations of Mormon religious texts. We do not believe they hold any authority, thus they are not pertinent to any discussion of truth)

Then I'll remove it. This wasn't a discussion

Edited by sealdogfish

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Ive recently found that our beliefs on the creation differ much more than I oringinally thought.

I hope this is the right place for it.

Before the earth was created we were all spirits we had no physical bodies. and lived in heaven with God.

If you want, we can really discuss this...but I also encourage you to look up the Gnostic view of creation before we do. I would love to discuss the LDS account along side the Gnostic account.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Ive recently found that our beliefs on the creation differ much more than I oringinally thought.

I hope this is the right place for it.

Before the earth was created we were all spirits we had no physical bodies. and lived in heaven with God.

If you want, we can really discuss this...but I also encourage you to look up the Gnostic view of creation before we do. I would love to discuss the LDS account along side the Gnostic account.

I'm gonna pull up a chair and read this, this orta be inneresting...

There is almost nothing in common with the gnostic view of the creation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

That whole idea of creation is a lie from the pit of hell!!

Satan himself thought that one up disquised as an angel and delivered it in person!

Satan has always cheaped and perverted God's truth because he would love to get as many people to believe his lies as possiable. Only unlearned people could consider such a thing.

LDS also teach that "thier god" had intercourse with multiple wives in order to have them as spirit children before they were born on earth.

The truth will set you free..don't believe that trash not for one minute!!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

There is everything in common. :33:

It teaches that the soul is immortal and part of a bigger substance or something close to these lines. For example, it teaches a pre-existing spirit that inhabits a fallen body which is then meant for testing and then escape from the fallen body. This is Gnosticism summed up when it comes to the creation of the world mate. :noidea:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Seal. I have to ask this. As a mormon what do you expect to achieve from posting on a christian notice board. After reading our TOS and SOF do you think that any member of this board is daft enough to be converted to mormonism? I mean door knocking on the door of the secular public is one thing, but baiting the lion in his den?.......some gall. Or are you riding the goat, as it were, to gain your eldership?.........just curious.

There is everything in common. :)

It teaches that the soul is immortal and part of a bigger substance or something close to these lines. For example, it teaches a pre-existing spirit that inhabits a fallen body which is then meant for testing and then escape from the fallen body. This is Gnosticism summed up when it comes to the creation of the world mate. :)

Im not excactly sure what you mean by the soul but we believe we will never cease to exist as I'm sure you do. we dont believe in being part of a bigger substance. after we die we are resurrected and our bodies are perfect. I dont know where you get the escaping from a fallen body part.

Seal. I have to ask this. As a mormon what do you expect to achieve from posting on a christian notice board. After reading our TOS and SOF do you think that any member of this board is daft enough to be converted to mormonism? I mean door knocking on the door of the secular public is one thing, but baiting the lion in his den?.......some gall. Or are you riding the goat, as it were, to gain your eldership?.........just curious.

Believe me I know that nobody will be converted, I'm not an idiot. I'm not quite sure what you mean by riding the goat. I wrote this as information to other christians because many of them simply didnt know what we believe about the creation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I wrote this as information to other christians because many of them simply didnt know what we believe about the creation.

Ok........understood but we don't want the creation teaching from the false prophet Joseph Smith.

This is the age of false prophets.........seal, run away from this cult as fast as you can and get born-again.........There is only one God, run to him!! :emot-heartbeat: